General WoS Question (maybe bugs)

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Hatori-san
Terran Refinery Attendant

General WoS Question (maybe bugs)

Post by Hatori-san »

Hello  :),

I have a question about the books 1 and 2. In Book 2 at chap. 7 I encountered a bug. The Obeliskquest-reward wasn't there, but I'm sure I did all of them.

My question is now: does the Book-transfer work (from Book 1 to 2)? Because in Book 1 are 3 Obelisks.

BTW: Does Shizukas Cold Wave freeze now? And sorry for my bad English.
muaddib
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Re: General WoS Question (maybe bugs)

Post by muaddib »

hmm,te reward i think is crown of the kings, near a statue of a grove keeper.
are you certain you found and "planted" all obelisks to teir spots?

regarding the book transfer, i am uncertain how, but it lets your heros carry them through out the game. [rcx sure knows how to take care of such matters ^^]

regarding the freeze skill shiz has..i think ts a matter of from where you can that spell, and up to where it is unleashed.
Hatori-san

Post by Hatori-san »

Yeah, I'm absolutely sure of it. About Shizu: it says at the end of the wave. I tried to let "the end" hit the enemies, but no freeze.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

It doesn't actually freeze in Books 1 and 2 because the code doesn't exist in those maps.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Hatori-san

Post by Hatori-san »

Ah, that makes sense. Does the "Obelisk-Transfer" work, though? Maybe I have an older version of the books.

EDIT: Then I'll just play to that point again. Thank you very much for the help.
Last edited by Hatori-san on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larc
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Larc »

Hatori-san wrote: Ah, that makes sense. Does the "Obelisk-Transfer" work, though? Maybe I have an older version of the books.
Almost certainly because it works fine for me.
AjaAja
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by AjaAja »

You have to cut some trees down behind the Zande base, and then there's a spectral bridge and it leads to an island at the very tip of the map that has the crown on the ground. I've never not had a spectral bridge there; cause sometimes, I'm like, "ack, there's no bridge, did I miss one of the obelisk quests!? Hell, don't tell me I have to freaking start over again!", but then I just cut the trees and click forward, and they're always able to cross.

If you're not sure where it is, you can just use "iseedeadpeople", then look at the top of the map, and you'll be able to see the item.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but I don't skip any of the missions (including the intros; of course, after the first two times, I usually, just esc through them); so I'm not sure, but because you can click any mission (like after finishing Book 1, you might not start with the intro for Book 2), it's possible that there are continuity issues if you skipped one, but that just a theory on my part.