News for 4/22/19
Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:
* General: Updated Unit and Ability database for Books 1 through 5 to be compatible with Book 6 and extra stories. Adjusted several maps custom units with unit IDs that shouldn't conflict with the additional global units added. In Book 3's case many of the hacked-in abilities (particularly for Kurumi in Chapter 7) should now be identical to how they appear in Book 6. Several enemy Heroes may have new abilities or additional ability functions.
* Updated Models: Shizuka (Pink Lolita), Miranda (Star Princess), Tanya, Queen Arcadia (Queen, Disguised), Reiko, Master Higure, Asmodyrac, Zhang Liao, Yue Jin, Li Dian, Soul Reaper, Nerubian Spider Lord (Crypt Lord), Female Necromancer, Cold Wraith, Death Knight, Nerubian Warrior, Nerubian Webspinner, Nerubian Guardian, Satyr, Satyr Shadowdancer, Satyr Trickster, Satyr Corruptor, Satyr Overlord, Corrupted Treant, Treant, Infernal, Chaos Knight (Rider), Chaos Judge, Chaos Blader, Chaos Priest, Jin Footman, Jin Archer, Jin Knight, Jin War Scholar, Jin Dragonhawk, Jin Hawk Trooper, all Lizardmen.
* Fixed Models: Surtur the Dynamite (Siege Engine) and Battlewagon now have proper Death animations. Fixed Johan's Attack Slam animation looping. Fixed Jenna's hair ribbon and ponytail not being in sync. Fixed Scaldar attachment points and animation flaws (also fixed for Warrior and Rogue Nerubian Heroes). Fixed Scaldar's portrait camera. Removed talk animations for Nerubian Warrior (General) and Rogue (Nightblade) heroes. Removed talk animations for Six.
* Updated Art: New icons for Garanteen, Scaldar, Bannon, Shyron. Changed several Loading Art around, added new art for Zava in Book 6.
* Updated Abilities: Dummy Units in general should now be more invisible (no health bars, no minimap icons). Many abilities based on Channel are now using AI friendly abilities as their base and therefore should be seen more often. Fixed several abilities that can damage structures so they can target the same structures. Chaos Wave now functions identical to how it is used in X1. Dragon Soul given new missile graphic and can allow every missile to possibly attack the same unit. Blade Barrier graphic cleaned up and selectable with team color. Chilling Orb orb (more pretty) and missile (less lag) and tells how much damage it does. Volcanic Crater missile (less lag), terrain deformation removed, and tells how much damage it does. Arcane Missiles is now called Arcane Whip. Life Transfusion is now called Soothing Mist. Heal Bomb is now called Defile Life and has a new spell graphic. Rain of Arrows has a new graphic. Removed redundant line from Gravity Shell's description because it's not a stasis trap. Gravity Hold now leaves a localized area behind for 25 seconds that affects any enemy unit that goes into the area instead of immediately applying a slow effect to anyone in range (damage is still immediate). Starfall (Shizuka version) is now called Hanami Festival and is more visually appropriate, and has a lower mana cost. Aikido Skills is now called Hunter Skills. Spell Book for Kurumi is now called Summoner Grimoire. Lunar Strike is now called Lunar Dragon Strike. Tentacles is now called Spawn Tentacle and actually lasts the advertised 60 seconds. Eclipse Cannon's blast is more epic. Dragon Jump can now target the ground in addition to units (AI Gunther is still not allowed to use it because it messes with the AI scripts). Disease Aura now has a smaller area and shorter duration. Plague Disease Clouds can no longer be targetted, killed, or block pathing. Fixed rare Cleave bug where it could proc off its own attack.
* General: Increased Bannon's attack range to account for his animation's reach. Scaldar should consistently do Chaos damage after receiving the Nails of Sagila. Ziel (Tornado)'s attack speed should be faster than Human form. Ziel's Human form no longer deals Chaos damage after losing Ziel's Sword. Tendaro no longer has Shadow Meld or Rain of Fire and now has Rain of Arrows. Miranda's Soul Power now has an additional passive aura effect. Mekani Troopers now have 520 HP and deal Normal type damage. Mekani Overseers now have 780 HP, deal 10 less damage, deal Pierce type damage, no longer have Ensnare, and consumes 4 Food (they're obviously nerfed, but they're still stronger than any Tier 1 ranged unit). Catapult Spiders can now be raised/animated/resurrected from the dead, move slightly faster, and instead of creating Disease Clouds upon attack they spawn two Spiders which last 6 seconds. Spawned Spiders from Catapult Spiders are now affected by Nerubian upgrades. Jormungar Guardians are now Nerubian Guardians, which are mechanical spider golems (and therefore now benefit from the Mech Power Core, but aren't Undead) and use Spiked Armor instead of Disease Cloud.
* Books 1, 2: Removed redundant fanservice Shizuka classes (Ninja Maid, Harlequin, Solidarity) so she doesn't have significantly more than anyone else. Shizuka (Lolita) should now be on par with Hikaru (Chaos Lord). Added Scaldar (Dragon Armor). Ziel (Twister Form) is no longer counted as an Air unit. Fixed Nekurow (Dark Fact) missing his horns. Blood Elf Officer model replaced with the standard Spellbreaker. Johan (Tinker) can now attack Trees. Male Necromancers replaced with Female Necromancers. Satyr Succubus units renamed back to Soulstealers and are ranged caster units instead of melee. Spinorak's Ultimate summons a Jormungar Behemoth instead of a Blade Kraken.
* Book 1, Intro: Changed units into their global versions.
* Book 1, Chapter 1: Changed Surtur into the Siege Engine version and increased his attack range.
* Book 1, Chapter 2: Heroic Shion will only use Plague in Hard difficulty. His arena now comes with Runes of Restoration to be more in line with contemporary fights of his nature (that is to say he's about as hard as a Book 6 boss), and the walkway is slightly larger. Added check to make sure you can't kill the Kirin Tank before you hit the required cutscene. Added extra reactions to Miranda's class if you picked certain alternates.
* Book 1, Chapter 7: Added sequence break checks so you can't complete the level just by forcing your way to the door. Moved Kurumi Journal Fragment from next to the hidden boss to behind Ayame's station.
* Book 1, Secret Level: Overseer Royce no longer drops a quest item; killing her is sufficient to unlock Miranda's costume. The two extraneous exits to the Army of the Dead base are now passable once you enter from the rear entrance with Tanya.
* Book 2, Intro: Changed units into their global versions; revised the final shot to remove a Hero that's there twice. Miranda and Kanna are also now using their 2P variants.
* Book 2, Chapter 1: Shadow Dragon no longer has Healing Ward. Deathclaw fireballs deal 50 more damage.
* Book 2, Chapter 3, Part 2: Removed Faerie Dragons. Changed Corrupted Ancient Protectors into Demolishers. Moved Hikaru's Journal Fragment out of Zava's area and into Scaldar's maze. Moved Kurumi's Journal Fragment out of the Hidden Boss area and into Kosseimaru's maze. The third Journal Fragment remains in Johan's maze. Reverted Hokuto losing control of all of her units upon entering Zava's maze (obviously this trivializes Zava, but that was the original solution to defeating her in the first place as Hokuto is generally no match for her).
* Book 2, Chapter 6: Moved Shizuka's Journal Fragment from the middle of the door maze to the end. Removed Zava's Dress quest item.
* Book 2, Chapter 7: Fixed Achievement description to update the Crown of Kings to the Orb of Death if it spawns instead. Mizuki only gains free summons on Easy mode instead of just when she's losing.
* Book 2, Secret Level: Added Level Reduction feature to the Class Selector. In addition the Level Reduction is available to Kosseimaru, Sazabi, Kasumi, and Tanya (Higure and Tendaro are not eligible for level reduction since they already start at high level). Changed Xaax the Defiler's unit ID so it isn't the same as a common dummy unit.
* Books 3, 4, 5, 6: Changed abilities for several classes of Hikaru, Shizuka, and Kurumi. Hikaru (Sorcerer) now has his Book 6 version of Firewall instead of the old, obsolete version. Hikaru (Chaos Lord) has Chain Mana Burn instead of Chaos Soldiers. Kurumi (Summoner) now has Spell Book back instead of Lucky Shot. Kurumi (Gunner) has the correct version of Lucky Shot. Sorana's summons are now based on Dark Minions and can no longer spawn off killing Heroes or Magic Immune units (in addition to the existing criteria).
* Book 3, General: Fixed Bannon's walking animation. Hikaru's model in cutscenes will be consistent regardless of what class he is.
* Book 3, Intro: Ended the Hikaru and Johan fighting the Nerubian scene after it's been seen so the sound effects don't bleed over into the next one.
* Book 3, Chapter 2: Moved Kurumi's Journal Fragment from the Murloc camp (next to the Obelisk) to the escape route.
* Book 3, Chapter 3: Bannon's Volt Wave and War Stomp are cheaper to cast on this level. Bannon's Volt Wave deals 100 additional damage against Summoned units. Moved Hikaru's Journal Fragment from the middle of the woods guarded by Giant Spiders to one of the Gnoll camps.
* Book 3, Chapter 4: Removed the ramps in the third Switch room. Moved Shizuka's Journal Fragment away from the statue so it's easier to see.
* Book 3, Chapter 5: Changed the Kunoichi (Mage) enemy heroes into maids to differentiate them from the Kunoichi (striker) heroes. Removed Kagero's nonexistant Soul Power (she doesn't have an offensive ability therefore she wastes her mana and time trying to cast it). Changed graphics for Kotetsu's Soul Power to be more consistent with her other attacks. Moved Shizuka's Journal Fragment to the start of the door puzzle. Moved the second Hikaru's Journal Fragment to the grid puzzle room.
* Book 3, Chapter 6: Rescuing the caravan now rewards Yue Fang with permanent +2 to all stats. Cinder is now much stronger to make up for no longer having access to his overpowered items. Children of the Flame reduce armor on attack. Infernus Phoenix attacks slightly slower. Losing to Gui Jia hands out a more benign penalty.
* Book 3, Chapter 8: Chaos Gaunts no longer fly.
* Book 3, Epilogue: The Fountain of Magic and Supply Depot attack slightly slower.
* Book 4, Intro: Fixed the Black Dream using the wrong model. Slightly shortened the time between the skippable cutscene and the character select. Class unlock criteria updated.
* Book 4, Chapter 1: The Eclipse Cannon now deals four times as much damage as before and hits the entire screen for falloff damage, with the epicenter hit being nearly certain death for your Heroes (you still have roughly 3 seconds to avoid the epicenter, but this also puts any nearby allied and enemy units in mortal danger).
* Book 4, Chapter 3: Fixed trigger preventing the boss from casting Seal of Oracles.
* Book 4, Chapter 4: Fixed the shallow water pathing where the Hydra Soul is fought so you no longer have to solo it with Abolisher.
* Book 4, Chapter 5: Chaos Gaunts removed and reverted to Chaos Chariots. Removed the non-Suicidal requirement from Transport units.
* Book 4, Chapter 6: Fixed Zava's name in the ending cutscene.
* Book 4, Chapter 7: Fixed Guardians using the wrong model. Shortened the visibility effect of Eclipse Blast by four seconds; twelve seconds is too long. Changed Surtur into the Siege Engine version and increased his attack range.
* Books 5, 6: Shadra now has Fire Spin instead of Arcane Whip. Changed the hotkey to build Chaos Vortex to be different from the Arcane Vault.
* Book 5, General: Lizardmen units are no longer overpowered and are more comparable to their contemporaries. The Lizardman tech tree is also expanded as an alternative Orc style tree (they still don't need to upgrade their town hall building).
* Book 5, Chapter 4: Moved Hikaru Journal Fragment to the Ogre camp (where the captured Gnolls are). Moved Shizuka Journal Fragment to the front Orc base from the rear base. Changed army makeup of Lizardmen attack waves. Added a path between the Troll base and the Orc base. Moved the creeps next to the Troll base to be further away. If the Murlocs are not present their gold mine will also be removed.
* Book 5, Chapter 8, Part 2: Changed the graphics of the Mastyrial Necromancer.
* Book 5, Chapter 8, Part 5: Gunther no longer casts Light of Judgement. Gunther's spirit allies have lower HP.
* Book 6, General: The classes that Hikaru, Kurumi, and Shizuka are forced to use the first time you play Book 6 are fixed regardless of your choices, which means first-time players will no longer get oddly and harshly penalized for what they did earlier in the campaign by being given sub-par classes to play with. You can always choose to do this yourself later.
* Book 6, West District: Scaldar's obsolete splash art removed from his rebirth cutscene since he no longer looks like this.
* Book 6, South District: Changed the party of random bunny girls into a familiar idol group.
* Book 6, East District: Fixed Zava's name in Kurumi's ending cutscene.
* X1, General: Changed the criteria to meet the Void Emissary and enter the Secret Level. The Void Emissary requires beating the Secret Level or having activated all four Obelisks and completed the story. The Secret Level requires either joining the Void Emissary or completing the story with all four Obelisks activated.
* X2, Chapter 1: Abduction is now based on Aerial Shackles instead of being a free-target avoidable spell in other maps to match its function in Starcraft 2.
* X2, Chapter 2: The Fountain of Magic and Supply Depot attack slightly slower.
Book 4 Class Unlocks
In addition to the criteria below all of these require at least 8 (9 in Shizuka's case) Obelisks activated and passing Book 5.