Have a Boss as a Hunter Pet

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Have a Boss as a Hunter Pet

Post by RazorclawX »

This is something that is most likely going to be fixed, but I thought it was funny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-N6mKjtL0&hd=1[/youtube]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Have a Boss as a Hunter Pet

Post by Lavarinth »

Wow, that was awesome. If only I had a hunter.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian
Terran Command Center Custodian

Post by Dread »

I never realized that taming pets was such an involved process for hunters. :shock:
- - - Dread
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Dread wrote:I never realized that taming pets was such an involved process for hunters. :shock:
It could be. Think of it like Pokemon in a sense, only you could only tame 5 monsters at a time. My Hunter has plenty of fairly unique pets and I specifically stalked one of them for a couple days (that being the Silithid Ravager, a rare spawn that I accidentally killed the first time around).

I currently have:

Scorponok- teal Scorpid (this one is currently NOT found in Cataclysm)
Dirge- black Wind Serpent (I solo'd Wailing Caverns at lv.21 specifically for this, it was pretty fun, too)
Ayamiss- Sapphire Hive Queen (currently untameable) ~ same graphics as the boss Ayamiss the Hunter
Meltdown- a green slime (currently untameable)
Rampage- aformentioned tan Silithid Ravager

I used to have a Dragonhawk named Divebomb, but I had to give it up to get the green slime before Blizzard fixed it.

I also used to have a red Wind Serpent named Thrust and a white Wind Serpent named Ramjet.

Yes, most of my pets are named after Transformers. That's the theme I went with and that's what I'll continue with especially since Cataclysm is expanding the pet stable to 25 pets.

I don't ever see anyone use the pets I use except for the green slime, which one of my guildmates uses as a heal target when we do Valthiria Dreamwalker. Most Hunters use Flavor of the Month pets, mostly wolves.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

My plan was to get Skoll on my hunter if/when I ever hit 80 but seeing as tons of people try to farm TLPD I imagine that will be one of my longer stake outs (currently the worst being 202 strat runs for deathcharger).
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Awesome!

The hunter pet taming mechanics have always sounded like fun (and I'll admit to maybe a bit jealous of them as a warlock. I'd love to nab an Eredar, Shivarra, Pit Lord or one of those Immol'thar-style two-headed Demonic puppies as a minion).

It's stuff like this that makes me feel sad that I've never gotten around to levelling a hunter. :(
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I'm a little too attached to my Hunter pets than I should be, and I'm not a role player.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Year old post being bumped, but hell, it's still on the first page.

I tamed a Blue Madexx. Madexx is a rare spawn scorpion that can spawn in 1 of 5 colors. The first time I found him it was the ugly common brown version, so I killed it in a fit of rage. Today I found the blue one and thanked the RNG gods for favoring me.

I also found Loque'nahak, but I murderized him for the Achievement. My luck was just that good today.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future