Arcturus The Curse and Loss of Divinity

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Arcturus The Curse and Loss of Divinity

Post by RazorclawX »

I made a gameplay playlist of it here:

(playlist updates every weekday until March 2, 2022 when it's all posted)

=====================

Arcturus: The Curse and Loss of Divinity Korean RPG developed by Gravity and Sonnori (Ragnarok Online) and published by Falcom in Japanese, with the English translation mod applied (https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index. ... ic=23958.0).

This game and The Rhapsody of Zephyr are often thought to have influenced Falcom into making Trails in the Sky the game it was (some instead attribute it to influence of the Gagharv trilogy), and playing through this game you can see some of the influences. The truth is, Arcturus is an unfinished game, and it shows in quite a number of places.

Editorial: This game is further modded by myself to include the Limited Edition content and some other fixes here and there. The fact is it's a very easy game to mod once you unpack the game's .PAK file (it's encoded the same way as early Ragnarok Online was packed) and even moreso since the scripting language is in plain English (although it helps to have Korean Language installed, and Japanese Language installed for the Japanese version).

Playing and modding this game had been a lifelong ambition of mine for a very long time, for perhaps as far back as 2003 when Falcom first published it in Japan (Celine's character design had a really strong influence in how I drew Kurumi for Wanderers of Sorceria). And of course finding out the game is nothing like the opening movie is hilarious when you really think about it. The only other thing I wish I could play The Rhapsody of Zephyr in English, too (similarly so, Kana Milanovich was a strong design influnece on Kurumi, to the point where her placeholder portrait was Falcom's artwork for Kana recolored green).
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
niceboatsoss
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Re: Arcturus The Curse and Loss of Divinity

Post by niceboatsoss »

I feel sorry for the incompleteness of this game.

http://www.gamtoon.com/wupload2/arc10070205.jpg

In particular, some monsters had plagiarism problems and were deleted as an emergency patch.

http://itcm.co.kr/g_board/204507

In addition, in the art book, which was distributed as a limited edition, monster art became a hot topic in a bad sense because it had a plagiarism problem. The reason why I know this fact correctly is because I am a South Korean who spent those days.

In the Korean forum, there is a patch to restore deleted monsters. I don't know if it's available or not now.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Arcturus The Curse and Loss of Divinity

Post by RazorclawX »

I have a pretty good idea how to put them back into the game (heck, I put in the Limited Edition content back in and that was dirt easy to do because they were just 'commented' out), but I wouldn't know where to put them because I don't know where they all originally went.

I wanted to mess around with it more, but I couldn't figure out how the skills were attached to weapons.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future