Dwarven Combat wins rtc

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Dwarven Combat wins rtc

Post by IskatuMesk »

Pirate's arcade map has taken first place for the blizzard arcade contest. I helped him a bit with some voice acting, 3d logistics, making normal maps, some testing and feedback. Actually he approached me by extent of us having had some irc discussions a while back and, even though I don't normally consider requests, I couldn't turn down such an attractive young buck.

According to Blizzard there is somehow a "modding community". Silly gooses.

http://us.battle.net/arcade/en/blog/200 ... -2-12-2016
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Re: Dwarven Combat wins rtc

Post by Krazy »

Glad that rut got an honorable mention. Mixed feelings about Tya getting second... Tya has made a lot of contributions to the arcade but that map in particular is pretty meh.
SteakofStake
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by SteakofStake »

Krazy wrote:Glad that rut got an honorable mention. Mixed feelings about Tya getting second... Tya has made a lot of contributions to the arcade but that map in particular is pretty meh.
All of the maps that I have seen that Tya has made are just warcraft 3 copies, except they lack many features the war3 versions had and are unbalanced.

Dwarven combat was a pretty good map though, so I am happy it won
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I got invited to some battleships remake and it was utterly embarrassing. The hittest on the wc3 models is totally fucked, you click on them from like 5 spaces away. And the map was a total mess balance-wise. All weapons had the same range, minions moved super fast, etc. A cheap attempt to pull off the lack of a real existing clone of the wc3 version other than star battle with zero research, very very typical of wc3 remakes in sc2. Not sure who made it, but they should reconsider their life.