Budget Announced for Legacy of the Confederation (LotC)

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Budget Announced for Legacy of the Confederation (LotC)

Post by The Oracle »

After careful review of anticipated project milestones, and the various subcontracted labor required to bring LotC to fruition for episodes 1, 2, and 3, the approved budget for LotC is:

$85,000

This amount is inclusive of what has been spent to date (during the 2009 and 2010 development cycles) as well as future expenditures, and does not take into consideration soft costs (time spent by one or more team members without compensation) . The LotC production team will provide P&L breakouts of how the money is being spent so the community can track our progress against our launch milestones. We will break down these costs in a very granular fashion.

This budget requires no donations from the community, and the LotC single-player campaign is planned to have a free-to-play release to remain in compliance with the Blizzard Entertainment Custom Map / Mod terms and conditions.
You haven't lived until you've edited 5,000 recorded .mp3's of dialogue!
uraniumoverdose
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Re: Budget Announced for Legacy of the Confederation (LotC)

Post by uraniumoverdose »

Will there be a setup for a donation site for those of us who want to donate, or are you just not accepting donations period?
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

Blizzard's policies do allow for donations these days, vs. when they put a cease and desist order on my head some 15 years ago.

So it's possible. I'd like to release some real content first though either way. I don't want to take donations for hopes and dreams (e.g. vaporware). I want people to put their money behind something substantial and very real.

We'll see. Right now though, the best thing anyone can do is spread the word about LotC.

Destiny...Awaits
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That is an insane amount of money. Although I wonder why you didn't just post that here instead of linking it.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

I'm trying to condense all the updates to one place as the project moves forward and draws a larger crowd.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

The Oracle wrote:I'm trying to condense all the updates to one place as the project moves forward and draws a larger crowd.
Womp, womp. :(
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
CowardI
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by CowardI »

Well, this is impressive.
Voice actors don't come cheap. :P

Should you need any more voices just send me a message. I would do it for free. :)
The Oracle wrote: So it's possible. I'd like to release some real content first though either way. I don't want to take donations for hopes and dreams (e.g. vaporware). I want people to put their money behind something substantial and very real.

We'll see. Right now though, the best thing anyone can do is spread the word about LotC.
That is very modest of you.