[Brood War]Black and Sunny: The 69-42 Saga.

Contest Begins: November 21st, 2011
Contest Entry Cut Off Date: December 31st, 2011
Contest Monthly Updates Start: January 1st, 2012
Contest Ends: July 31st, 2012

Moderator: Milldawg

mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

[Brood War]Black and Sunny: The 69-42 Saga.

Post by mark_009_vn »

Name: Mark_009_vn

Direction: I'm going to make a KILLER Brood War campaign about the sadistic and sexually uninteresting journey of IskatuMesk upon the production of Black Sun; as a tribute to one of the most ambitious and awesome "bound-to-be" mod that I've ever witnessed. As a joke campaign, expect it to be silly, over the top, and filled with rancid Mesk cliches

8)

As for map design direction, it'll be an RPG esque campaign, with ~5 large open map made especially for exploring and some 5 to 7 filler maps with more traditional objectives. To connect these maps together there is a world map mechanic, allowing you to back track and access various areas as long as they are unlocked. The map designs are intended to have alot of freedom and random calamities, most of which are from free running AIs which usually loves to mess shits up and screw your game by a great margin. To increase replayability, the maps were also intended to have a huge amount of gaming interactions, as well as a great atmosphere and highly detailed and open terrain designs, geared toward being as utterly confusing as possible so that I could hide insurmountable amount of secrets in.

:osnp:

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xlxiqa717sj3419
Last edited by mark_009_vn on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: [Brood War]Black and Sunny: The 69-42 Saga.

Post by Church »

Oh, snap.
Will it be fully voiced?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

You must finish this.
Laconius
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Laconius »

You must also include a 1026x1026 "Find the Data Disc" installation map.
Ours is a thought-tormented age.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Will Ric Flair be my sidekick?
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

[/quote]
Jim_Raynor wrote:Oh, snap.
Will it be fully voiced?
YES.
IskatuMesk wrote:You must finish this.
I do intend to. ;)
First map is being developed silently and painstakingly for 2 weeks now (I can only map weekend still, due to school), at about 30% completion. In it's current state it has about 90+ triggers (I expect that number to multiply by a factor of 3 when I'm done with it though), 40% of which are purely dialogues. I don't know how Star Edit would handle all the triggers but yeah, who cares.
Laconius wrote:You must also include a 1026x1026 "Find the Data Disc" installation map.
Would you settle for a loli cave?
Will Ric Flair be my sidekick?
Your side kick is a Super Sentai.

Laconius
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Laconius »

mark_009_vn, watch the first 42 seconds of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y526TwapkAE&feature=related

AND YOU TELL ME RIC FLAIR STILL AINT GONNA BE HIS SIDEKICK

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ours is a thought-tormented age.
Campaign Creations
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Campaign Creations »

Approved, and thanks for your submission.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Re: First update LOL.

Post by mark_009_vn »

After more than a month of development, I happy to announce the first ever update for The 69-42 Saga. :)

As for news of the development. Due to the amount of time taken to even create the first map, in order to keep up with the dead line I've decided that the campaign will only contains 3 main maps and 4-5 side maps (which will be were most of the story will progresses). Voice acting is a yes or no as of right now, I'd love to voice act the campaign, but due to it's RPG nature it would contains as much as thousands of lines of dialogues, hundreds of unimportant/side quest related characters (the first map already contains over 20 characters, most of them are non recurring), and a very huge number of VERY difficult to voice lines (the characters in this campaign talks in very cryptic ways and some even have their own "version" of English). I fear that it might take too long to voice act this entirely and would force me to omit even more content, I might only voice act the more important lines and left the unimportant ones out still.

First map (Canada) is 70% completed. Terrain and unit placement is in it's beta stage, 2/3 of the side quest triggers are complete, 1/3 of the main story triggers are complete, the AI in this map are set to run wild, so expect alot of random calamities.

This update shows portions of the terrain, as well as sneak peak into some of the campaign's mechanics. Taken in it's beta development, they might, or might not represent the final product.

Canada:

-City scape:

___________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________

-HKS Hideout:

Note: Magical Tofuu is spilled everywhere due to the result of HKS cutting the wrong end of his "package"

THE TOWERING SPIRE OF HENTAI IS THE KEY TO THE END OF ALL THINGS!!!!

Floating amidst the lard, there is a sign that said: "Manufactured by American Standard".

-Outland:

Portions revealing the Garage mechanics, you can exit and enter the Doack Mobile upon these points.

-Northern Canals:

Note, I appears in this picture. If you can spot me out, free sex for u!

-Edge of Visitation:

Visitation is one of the map present in the campaign.

Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

say, what did you use to convert those images?

(also unless those typos are intentional it should be "volunteers" and "paid" in that earlier one)
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

Taeradun wrote:say, what did you use to convert those images?
That's the only thing I saw that could convert +50 plus PCX files in one go. If you find anything better, I'd deeply appreciate.
:)
(also unless those typos are intentional it should be "volunteers" and "paid" in that earlier one)
fixed

Taeradun

Post by Taeradun »

mark_009_vn wrote:That's the only thing I saw that could convert +50 plus PCX files in one go. If you find anything better, I'd deeply appreciate.
:)
I just put together a batch file using PNGout for you, to convert PCX images to optimised PNGs (can potentially have better quality AND smaller file size than the JPGs you have there)
http://starcraft.rwslol.com/junk/pcxconv.zip

Put PCX files in the "in" folder, run "pcxconv.bat", take PNG files from the "out" folder :)
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

Thanks!

mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

THE BEST CAMPAIGN UPDATE YOU WILL EVER SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mark_009_vn »

Okay. Last week, my friend gave me a USB drive that apparently have a whole bunch of odd and obscure video games that he managed to obtain over the years. Of course, like what you would have expected from a USB that probably dwelled the deepest dept of hell. Immediately after I plugged it in my whole system was totally raped by viruses after viruses after viruses.. The exact number I'm not sure but Avast picked up at least 10 different kinds of nasties in that devil. Well, normally things would be ok if I try different AVs and cleaning tools to remove them all, but to my dismay I was infected with patching viruses, the kind that would desolates every single one of your executable files by injecting it self on to it. Like aids. My computer was riddled with Sality.32, Vector, and Virut.32 at the same time. I'm still baffled by the fact that my friend still used that USB daily and get away with it. :eegads:

After many tries of falling to reformat C drive, scanning with multiple rescue CDs, and bashing my heads on the wall as a attempt to commit suicide. I've come up with the conclusion that the hard disk is too long gone, I purged the drive clean of any possible data and Ghosted it. 3 years worth of downloading, modding, and savoring screenshots and videos came to an end in less than a week.

So what does this means for the campaign? Luckily I was able to snatch the SCX files and uploaded on MediaFire(and the files are still somewhere in there for some unintended leaking :hah: ). However, i was unable to save deleted contents and txts files with vital informations on the maps. So while the project is saved, it will take me sometime to rebuild my comp back to what it was and patches all the holes in the maps. So yeah, that's monthly update for ya!

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That's a little more clever than the traditional "my HD crashed" that we usually get.