LOTC Difficulties

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

Black Dream
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

LOTC Difficulties

Post by Black Dream »

First of all, I am apparently supposed to find a Legacy folder in LOTC episode one.  I have found no such folder, and I have only found an executable called lotc.exe .  I have tried to run it (with Windows 7), and it hasn't worked.  I have played the entire campaign using normal Brood War, but I want to know why this happens.

I just downloaded all of Episode 2, and I haven't found the Portrait/Sound pack which is supposed to either come with it, or be downloaded elsewhere.  Where am I supposed to get these?

Also, I found an executable called lotc2.exe . Apparently, it was supposed to come with ConFed.exe, but I haven't found this file.  I cannot run lotc2.exe either.

Any insights to why any of these things are happening would be greatly appreciated.
As the size of the explosion increases, the number of social situations it can not solve approaches zero.
1N73RC3P70R
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Re: LOTC Difficulties

Post by 1N73RC3P70R »

maybe it just dosent work with WINDOWS 7.....just maybe.
F.E.A.R. ME!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!
Black Dream
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Black Dream »

The thing is, I have gotten every other mod to work.  Brood War, Zeji Conversion, Armageddon Onslaught, Ad Astras, Project Miranda, and Vile Egression.  It seems odd to blame it on Windows 7.
As the size of the explosion increases, the number of social situations it can not solve approaches zero.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Are you downgrading the version of your StarCraft?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Black Dream
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Black Dream »

I do downgrade the version using BWAIDowngrader.  However, with LOTC I return to 1.16.1, and it still doesnt work.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Black Dream wrote: I do downgrade the version using BWAIDowngrader.  However, with LOTC I return to 1.16.1, and it still doesnt work.
LotC was designed when 1.05 was the best thing in the world, I believe, try it under that version. Also, the EXE may be a StarDraft file, in which case they only work with Windows 98 and below. We're currently researching methods to "upgrade" all our campaign's mod files.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Black Dream
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Black Dream »

I had no luck with LOTC Episode 2 (Windows 95 Compatibility Mode).  It complained the .exe didnt patch for versions

For versions 1.05 and 1.16.1, it didn't complain, but at the same time it didn't start.

However, LOTC Episode 1 (Windows 2000) worked at version 1.10 .  I'm going to try the same thing for LOTC Episode 2.

Edit:  And guess what?  It worked!  Yay!
This should probably be posted in a FAQ or readme somewhere.