Re: StarCraft: Reuniting

Post by Legion »

Aldaris is dead. :p
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

I don't know how Protoss genealogy works, and I don't think Bliz is gonna go into any detail with it. So I made Siaradla Aldaris' son. (Yup. He is not Aldaris.) You will also find somethind else that has to to with genealogy that is quite- interestin, but I won't tell you.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Jim_Raynor wrote:

He is the son of a noble Protoss warrior.
Didn't realize the noble warrior was Aldaris, because Aldaris wasn't really a warrior and he wasn't really noble either. Sure he was right and he might have been honest, but he would shout and insult people whenever he could. I loved this guy because he wasn't inhibited.
Church

Post by Church »

Krazy wrote:
BadManners! wrote: Didn't realize the noble warrior was Aldaris, because Aldaris wasn't really a warrior and he wasn't really noble either. Sure he was right and he might have been honest, but he would shout and insult people whenever he could. I loved this guy because he wasn't inhibited.

Yeah, if you want to be technical I suppose "prominent Protoss Judicator" would be a closer description.  I think the sense of 'nobility' Jim is using here more indicative of how Aldaris in Vanilla has the close ear--and serves as the mouth--of the Conclave. 
He was noble because he always fought for the Protoss to remain unchanged. He believed that the Dark Templar were not Protoss, so he refused to let them help. The same for working with Kerrigan, but that time he was actually correct. He died trying to keep the Protoss like the Protoss, not like humans with funny looking heads.

The warrior part- I'll fix that.
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

Lavarinth wrote: A note, for your Zerg portion: To almost all knowledge conceivable, all Cerebrates were decimated as Kerrigan wanted pure uninterrupted control over the Broods, the only probable survivor would be the Cerebrate the player plays.
Not true, sir. Kaloth, the cerebrate that resurrected and infested Stukov, is assumed to be still alive (unless Kerrigan had him killed during the four-year period) which means he is still free game.

I like ur direction for ur campaign very much. The part that sticks out the most to me is that you are having a Hunter Killer take charge of his own forces, which i find an interesting concept. Reminds me of the Mercenaries missions that had elite zerg strains take control of their own mercenary bands and fought for money. Nice to see that concept revisited.

A note and a bit of a problem that i found in ur campaign. first, the problem: protoss generally live to an age of about 1000 (assuming they arent killed in battle) so you might want to reduce the age of you're really old guy . ;)

Second: it was actually retconned by Blizzard so that Artanis was an Executor, not a Praetor (specificlly the PC Executor from Episode III). It's unclear, however, if he became a Praetor for the duration of Brood War and sometime after, but I get the feeling that Praetor is a step down from Executor (I could be wrong but Tassadar, an Executor, seemed to have more authority than Fenix, a Praetor). It's you're call and I'm not sure what the best way of dealing with that would be, but the way you have it certainly works, considering how vague and confusing his current status is.  :-\

I look forward to playing your campaign! Best of luck!
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Church

Post by Church »

Actually, youre right,  Praetor is lower than Executor. In my Brood War booklet, I remember reading that Artanis, being 300, was the youngest Protoss to ever become Praetor. Thanks for the tip for Yah'zar, I'll change that.

Yes, I like my Zerg part very much. Surprisingly, I haven't played Mercinaries, but it sounds fun. Ryuuthn has a very interesting role in the Protoss campaign.

Now, for the mini list of Zerg heroes:

Ryuuthn
Zerg Hunter Killer
Ryuuthn has worked for Kerrigan since she was infested. She favored him for a long time, but enventually Ryuuthn grew tired of her and began to slowly plan to leave her.

Kerrigan
Infested Terran
Kerrigan was once a great Terran , but infestation slowly took over her. Her anger slowly consumes all she hates. Enventually, Ryuuthn joins the rest of her enemies.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Jim_Raynor wrote: I used the Raz sprite. (Unluckily Mi'Shuras is a girl, and the Raz sprite has regular sair voice. A female protoss with a male voice... just imagine it with Raz voice.) I think this is a good time to reveal the protoss heroes.
If it's helpful, I know that there's a Raszagal sound set floating around somewhere on the internet.  Might've been on Infocepter.  Might be worthwhile trying to dig it up.  I think it's the same one that RCX used for Ziktofel in VotF/Black Dream/Final Destiny.
Church

Post by Church »

Thanks Thal, but I'm only making a mod if I can get my hands on a Stalker sprite. (and Immortal  :))

Maybe I will make it a mod, but in fact the only mods I've made are tutorial mods.  :-\
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Jim_Raynor wrote: Thanks Thal, but I'm only making a mod if I can get my hands on a Stalker sprite. (and Immortal  :))
You could ask for them to Laconius, as I think he's using them in his campaign. But Aqo (from warboards.org, now Starcraft.org forums) is the creator of these, I think (please, correct me if I'm wrong).
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Church

Post by Church »

omega20 wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote: Thanks Thal, but I'm only making a mod if I can get my hands on a Stalker sprite. (and Immortal  :))
You could ask for them to Laconius, as I think he's using them in his campaign. But Aqo (from warboards.org, now Starcraft.org forums) is the creator of these, I think (please, correct me if I'm wrong).
I have asked Laconius, in a PM. I haven't got a reply, but I'm being patient because a mod isn't necessary. I'm not sure really who made them.
Church

Post by Church »

Oh. Alright, I'll leave it as just a campaign then.
Church

Post by Church »

Krazy wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote: Oh. Alright, I'll leave it as just a campaign then.

Yes!  Go team campaign!

No additional downloads, no downgrades, just download and launch that stuff!  YEAH!  WHOO!
Is that for real or are you just insulting me?

You have a mod. And quite a cool one at that. ;)
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Jim_Raynor wrote:
Krazy wrote:

Yes!  Go team campaign!

No additional downloads, no downgrades, just download and launch that stuff!  YEAH!  WHOO!

I believe he was being serious.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Symmetry
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Symmetry »

Krazy wrote:
Jim_Raynor wrote:
Krazy wrote:

Yes!  Go team campaign!

I don't have a mod...  Everything my campaign has is 100% compatible with the most recent version of BW.
A lot of mods can be 100% compatible with the most recent version of BW - just so long as there aren't any memory changes (generally).