Loladins of Legend

tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: Loladins of Legend

Post by tipereth »

I want these bosses to be more than just tanking down and healing with stupidly powerful items. They'll have abilities and mechanics that require thinking to bring them down.
BLASPHEMY! HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEAD OF A DIFFICULTY CURVE?

In all seriousness as far as the Tavern thingy is concerned, the actual scripting will take 2 seconds. The really tedious part is writing the descriptions, even if it's just the hero's name.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

- I want to jack the Dota kill strings. Any takers?
Please, please, PLEASE don't include the sound clips.

Also, is the Neutral Passive player actually neutral passive in LoL?  The projectile system uses a neutral player so its Immolation damage won't make units run from it.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Also as far as you were concerned with massive unit group memory leaks, you can just make a trigger that removes a unit from all the possible spawn lane groups whenever a unit dies.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

They should be neutral passive.

I'll be making my own sounds for it. Heheheh.
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

Doctor Doack wrote: I'll be making my own sounds for it. Heheheh.
i can just imagine mesk screaming "KILLING SPREE" in that obnoxiously loud voice of his
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Gaussian Sniper(Maxwell)
The Sniper is a Loladin hero that will be very good at burst damage. His form of sniping is a bit...irregular, but to compensate all his shit has very low mana costs and cooldowns. Has a minimum range of 200.

Range Check
Innate ability. 0 mana cost, 3 second cooldown. Displays the distance between the target and the Sniper over the Sniper's head. Also passively gives the sniper an additional 50 range per level, starting at 500 at level 1.

Kirchoff's Bullets
Searing Arrows type dealy. 5 mana per shot. Deals bonus damage equal to 1000000 (one million) divided by (the distance to the target - 25/50/75/100)^2. Does not effect ancients. At level 4, this does a maximum of 100 bonus damage at minimum range. Basically, the farther away you are, the less damage you deal.

Displacement
Instantly teleports to the target enemy unit, offset by 500/400/300/200 in a random direction. After 2 seconds, Sniper will return to the point from which it casted the spell. Costs 15 mana, 2.5 second cooldown. This is how the sniper snipes, by jumping in and shooting for a bit then jumping out. 5000 cast range.

Flux
Targets an area for electromagnetic bombardment. Deals 1/2/3/4 damage per second in a 300 area for 60 seconds. 10 second cooldown, scaling mana cost. Non-channeling.

Quantam Rift
Uses immolate for turn on/turn off. Costs 10/15/20 mana per second. Whenever the sniper attacks, he will move instantly to a point 400/300/200 from his target. Every time he attacks. I anticipate a dude bouncing all over the place and other such hilarity.

Basically, the dude is very fragile but also very mobile and hard to shoot. He benefits from his great range in that he's really far away from the action, but he does his maximum damage when he's close up and shooting dudes in the face. Also this incorporates really lame physics in-jokes that I'm sure Q will love.
Last edited by tipereth on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

an aoe that lasts for 60 seconds with a 10 second cooldown has the pontential for 6 of them to be up in 1 place and 1shot a large number of creeps
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

It's channeling.
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Jeez Mesk, don't you read?  It clearly states that in the desc- oh wait...
Flux
Targets an area for electromagnetic bombardment. Deals 1/2/3/4 damage per second in a 300 area for 60 seconds. 10 second cooldown, scaling mana cost. Non-channeling.
Yeah, wtf Tiperlol, don't you read?
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

I also changed it from 5/10/15/20 to 1/2/3/4. Any creeps that cant handle 4x6 damage per second DESERVE TO DIE.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

In case you have brain damage and haven't yet discovered my Doackendium subforum, I am using it to begin storing a database of division information. This includes both future and existing divisions + intended changes for them. Said thread is being locked so it serves purely as a repository for information, while this thread will remain as a discussion thread. Currently only a few Loladin divisions, including most existing and one new intended one, are in the thread.

index.php?topic=718.msg9563#new

if you have any suggestions for new divisions, or changes to existing ones (check the thread before you comment about existing ones), do say so.

I'd like to get most divisions finished before I release the map to the players again. That may mean pushing back the playdate further.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

About adding sounds to models:

You can add sound events to models easily with Magos's model editor; IIRC all you need is the animation time the sound event starts at, and the sound code from SoundData or whatever SLK that stores that sort of thing. It should be rather simple to add new sound entries to that SLK.

As a side note, my triggering motivation has been drained again by Blizzard dangling the patch in my face  :P
Last edited by Xenon on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

okay I have pretty much no idea what you just said

Are you talking about war3modeleditor? I have no idea how to get the animation times you're talking about. Maybe you should be doing this. :P I had a look about in the editor and the sound thing just confused the hell out of me.

I should also mention that the next exe's size is going to considerably sky rocket if my current plan to do all of the division-related graphics goes through. It depends on what HKS decides to do, and if I can get around to doing some creatures. It'll also include a soundtrack.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

Yeah, I meant War3 Model Editor.

In the editor, go to Windows > Sequence Manager. Double click on the name of the animation you want to add a sound to (attached picture 1)

The "Interval" box shows the time that animation begins and ends at. In this example, the Obsidian Statue's Death animation begins at 51200.

Go to Windows > Node Manager and right-click, select "Create Event Object" (or just double-click an existing one for reference) (attached picture 2 shows "SNDoDOBS")

Event Tracks: list of the animation times that this event activates at. Note it's 51200 for the Obsidian Statue death sound  ;)

Type: Type of event. Obviously we're talking about sounds in this case.

Data: The 4-letter code for the sound effect. You can either select a default sound entry from the pull-down menu or type in a custom one in the box below it.

Identifier: Probably nothing important, just to differentiate events that would otherwise have the same name.

Global Sequence ID: Not sure how to use this with sounds. You probably don't need to worry about this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I'm guessing the code is referring to the SLK file you mentioned.

I'm gonna have to try this out later. If it works, we can finally have rexxar sounds on every single character!