Crash Game in Book5 Chap5. Explain better

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

superrun
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Crash Game in Book5 Chap5. Explain better

Post by superrun »

Hi !
game crashes  in book5 chap 5 i cannot continue gaming, FATAL ERROR and close the Froezen Throne, never before  had problemas with frozen or other book,  anybody help me please!!.thankyou
sorry my english, i'm mexican curios jejejeje.

In the zone of mirrors if i hit any mirror crash or if stay near of 2 left mirror crash. Too when Jena trasnform and begin the figth (i think begin a fight becasue crash)

Note. I have  P4 3.0 1 gb ram, 1.5 gb virtual memory, Win2K Pro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by superrun on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: Crash Game in Book5 Chap5

Post by Mucky »

What are you doing - or if it's a cinematic - what is happening, before the crash? "Book 5, Chapter 5" is not enough information to pinpoint the cause of a crash.
bwzhou6543

Re: Crash Game in Book5 Chap5

Post by bwzhou6543 »

I'm pretty certain it's at the end when the person morphs IIRC. I think I had this problem too about 2 years ago, which is why i stopped playing.
spirocate

Re: Crash Game in Book5 Chap5. Explain better

Post by spirocate »

I have the exact same problem. Did you load the map from a saved game? You would see that Keela's protrait is gone, causing the game to crash when Jenna transforms. You would have to finish that map in one sitting to complete it. You must not save the game in this map.
vlad_k
Terran Barracks Laundry Master
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Post by vlad_k »

also..in the level you fly in these beasts like in alesia dragon...you  shouldn't save..
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I never figured out why it crashes when Razlia transforms because I never found a way to reproduce it, and it didn't happen to most people.

The portrait/lightning crashing is mainly due to shoddy coding on the part of Blizzard where the information concerning those effects doesn't get saved in a Saved game. They never fixed it. I also decided I'm never going to use those effects again.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
whit

Post by whit »

Hi, I wanted to add about that crash.

for me, it happens when in the mirror room.  when you walk up the stairs and past the light switch, there is a patch of rocks in the middle of 3 boulders.  when I break those rocks and a mirror appears from beneath them the game crashes.  I don't know about any kind of transformation yet, but the crash happens each time in the same spot.  Hopefully that will help you recreate it.
AjaAja
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by AjaAja »

That happened to me too; of course, at the time, I didn't realize it was because I loaded it (it crashes like in the ending conversation if you save it during Razlia battle, then load (I'm guessing for Keela battle too, but I'm not sure because I always saved again after beating Keela, i.e. the Razlia battle). Anyway, sometimes it worked and sometimes it crashed, so I never figured out why, until I came here.

I remember the first time I played, it also crashed for me at the mirror part. There was no light beam, so I didn't really know what you're suppose to do, but I figured out- don't touch the mirrors, don't break blocks with mirrors in them, and don't step on the tile that causes a light flash too many times... anyway, by the time I figured out, the mirror thing was optional, so I was at least able to finish the mission. Strangely enough, on my second play through as a gameplus, the light beam was there (and I'm too much of a perfectionist to let even an optional unessential venture slide), so I just went for it, and everything worked out fine.
Ah, but then when I downloaded and played a newer version, it worked even from the first play through, and I've never had any problems there with this version.

So anyway, if it crashes in the mirror area, the things I (with my limited knowledge of computer-related stuff) would suggest you try are:
1. Make sure it is the most recent version of Book 5, and maybe even re-download it to be sure.
2. Just skip the mirror quest, and try it during your second play through.
3. If it still doesn't work, just forget the mirror quest; though personally, I'd at least try it every sequential play-through...
Also, don't save and load on that level... (I suppose you could save, but don't load- which defeats the primary purpose of saving..)
Last edited by AjaAja on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Blizzard's coding of the Image and Lightning effects is horribly bad.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
AjaAja

Post by AjaAja »

I read a comment in The Hive Workshop that I thought was interesting... of course, I don't know anything about this kind of thing so I don't know how useful it'll be...
After Hikaru finds all 4 pieces of the key, after a cinematic, when you should fight the dragon, Keela, the program crashes, referencing a memory that can't be "read". It is because of the trigger that instructs the character Katsumi to be loaded from previous map, but the character's name is not Katsumi anymore, it's Kevin, so, all that needs to be done is to change the name from Katsumi to Kevin, and all goes well. Well, actually, it left my Kevin character without artifacts from the previous map (don't know how that happened, didn't care to look anymore, just been interested to continue playing ;) )

Respect,
Demoniac
Inuyasha7
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Inuyasha7 »

I left Kevin too the Wolves. What an ass.