Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

fosztogato
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by fosztogato »

After many years playing your campaign again is still fun so thy for it. But actually I find some bugs:
1.) If im right after you complete one mission the difficulty automatically drops from hard to normal.
2.) on hard difficulty you cant beat Reiko in the spider's song mission. She is a tought girl and can't die even with -20k hp
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

1. That's Blizzard's bug. It's been that way since TFT came out. It's never survived a map transition.

2. That should be fairly easy to fix.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 6/4/19

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* Book 2, Chapter 7: Fixed the Summoning duel to check if the Summoners' HP goes below zero, in which case it's the same as them losing.
-- Razorclaw X
fosztogato

Post by fosztogato »

I have a question about one journal entry. Actually I play with Zule in the 5th campaign and I use the resilent soul "perk". And it says chaos soldiers no longer take dispel dmg, but in 05/02 purge worked very well aginst them. So the question is this perk should make chaos soldier immun against any kind of dispells or just the basic ones?

Ah another one chaos legion only have one armor upg and if I remember well in the third edition they had 3upg, but im not sure.... :)

+Shizuka's viper sworder model have some glitch. btw the new models looks cool...

+2 Probali this achivement dosn'tz work or not as they should be. 4-06 Show methe... 4-07 nuked from the orbit.. 5-02 covering all bases
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

1. I'm not confident the upgrade is particularly good about the trigger-created units is what's probably going on with that (I THINK I wrote it so it generally checks when you finish training units or when the unit is pre-placed; this is one of the levels that makes more after the map starts). The general purpose is to make it so you can't kill them with dispels, but dispels should otherwise work on them.

2. It's kind of a mess. I think at one point I deliberately restricted them to Lv.1 weapon/armor tech because of how messy it was.

3. In what way? You have to be more specific about it or I won't fix it.

4. They work, but they're very particular. Especially the one in 5-02 you have to build a Town Hall building in your ally's base (it's not counting either the Undead bases or the Lizard base).
-- Razorclaw X
fosztogato

Post by fosztogato »

Thx for the quick answer. Abouth the Shizuka model: the rear of her obi/belt is a black box. I gues it should be a "bow".
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

There are some refrences to Redeye in Book 1: (I guess they should be replaced by Lumina?)
1. Ch2-part2, when Miranda introduced herself:
(Whatever. You have the Ministry spooked, huh? Well, I'm Miranda of the Red Eye, from the Resistance. I guess it was only a matter of time until someone figured it out, I suppose.)
2. Ch6, the Captain said:
(Well, you're all here, eh? Redeye, this is the guy that heals people of the plague?)
3. Ch8, when facing Kosseimaru:
(Kosseimaru... I charge you with high treason. I am Miranda 'Redeye,' the champion of love and justice, and now I shall punish you! The sentence: execution!)

And in Ch1 of Book2, Kosseimaru said:
Shizuka already possesses the Orochi Sword, which does this already, but you two... and Ziel and Scaldar, too, lack these weapons.
(Ziel has one in the new ver)

ED: Suggest adding Narrator's words at the end of Book 1 and 2 for those two lack them while the last four books have.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Added sun visors to the Zande Archers because their foreheads looked bad. This ended up with me making a High Elf version and then a new HD version of the Eagle Riders from Book 5. I found out that there's an HD bird model in Starcraft 2 so I edited that in place of the Hippogryph and it looks okay (although whether it looks like a convincing eagle is a different story).

This also ended up in a High Elf Ranger.

I also finished porting the SC2 Death Knight Hero, but I'm unsure if I want to use this thing as a base to update Nekurow's head; I've been experimenting on a better way to put the claw marked scar on his face that isn't as horribly budget inefficient as the current method.

On the one hand Nekurow's head is still the original and looks like Arthas, but on the other hand it still looks okay.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 7/5/19

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* New Models: Nekurow, Nekurow (Dark Fact), Chaos Knight, High Elf Archer, High Elf Eagle Rider, High Elf Ranger Hero, Poisoned Treant, Satyr Hellcaller (not actually used, but alters the texture of the Satyr Overlord), Zande Priestess of the Waves (based on the Holiday minidress instead of the bellydancer outfit because that honestly never made sense), Harem Girl, Ninja Maid, Nether Dragon, Wind Serpent/Couatl.
* Updated Models: Fixed Shizu (Viper) missing texture for the back of her obi. Added missing spell effects to Dalles (Lich)'s Channel and Attack animations, fixed portrait jaw movement. Added portrait for Chaos Judge Hero and shortened its death animation. Added missing portrait for Spider Lord Hero. Fixed Treants and Corrupted Treants being unselectable during their harvesting animations, added missing Team Color to their backs, and fixed missing Team Color on their portraits. Fixed Giant Bat critters missing a texture where it made it so they didn't show up at all (fixes a Blizzard version issue). Slightly shortened death animation for Satyr Overlord and changed skin texture. Zande Archer and Hippogryph Rider updated slightly to match the High Elf additions. Fixed High Elf Footman team colors in Book 3 to match the version in Book 5. Fixed Ebon's portrait glow being attached to her Hero Glow.
* Updated Buttons: Nekurow, Zande Archer, Zande Druid, Zande Hunter, Zande Miko, Zande Ranger, Zande Warden, Zande Sentry, Zande Witch, Zande Sorceress.
* Updated Splash Art: Nekurow.
* Book 1, Chapter 2: Reworded Miranda's self-introduction to be less awkward while referring to herself.
* Book 1, Chapter 6: Changed the Captain's dialogue to refer to Miranda as her Magical Girl identity.
* Book 1, Chapter 8: Changed Miranda's Magical Girl yell to refer to her Magical Girl identity.
* Book 2, Chapter 1: Removed reference to Ziel not having a special weapon.
* Book 2, Epilogue: Removed the creepy-looking male Elven Archers and changed them back into female archers using the new model. These were not supposed to be used anymore.
* Book 5, Chapter 7: Picking Nekurow as your army should allow you to train Eagle Riders from the Aviary as intended.
* Book 6, Sorceria Core: Hikaru has Dispel Magic instead of Defoliate for this section because Defoliate is useless and you practically needed the Wand of Dispel Magic to fight both of his bosses. With this change you no longer need to carry the Wand.
* Book 6, Secret Level: Asmodyrac, Higure, and Reiko are now using the correct models. Abolisher will no longer turn all of his team's workers into Ice Revenants and instead can summon them directly.
-- Razorclaw X
verb8im
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by verb8im »

In Book 4 Chapter 6, the mission with Kasumi and Kurumi fighting the Dragon Slayers, the end cutscene still lists Zava's name as Nara the Shadowpath.

Also, in Book 5, the assassin unit uses black gunpowder, not steel arrowheads, so their weapon upgrades are stuck at 0

How do you get the Orb of Gravity in mission 3? Is it tied to the merchants quest, so if you completed Bannons quests you can't get it? What do the gravity towers do?
Lancerknight
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by Lancerknight »

I just recently found this campaign, and there are some issues that are preventing me from progressing further.

Book 1 Ch. 1: Where is Ekim, god of wind? I revealed the entire map and he was nowhere to be found
Book 2 Ch. 2: Where is the DDR minigame? I stepped in the circle of power in the clearing and nothing happened. Also, powering the obelisk optional quest did nothing, no rewards or anything.

Are these supposed to be like this or am I missing something?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

verb8im wrote:How do you get the Orb of Gravity in mission 3? Is it tied to the merchants quest, so if you completed Bannons quests you can't get it? What do the gravity towers do?
The Orb has to do with successfully completing the raid (the Messenger cannot be allowed to escape). The Gravity towers just slow down attackers (like the mountain giant).
Lancerknight wrote:I just recently found this campaign, and there are some issues that are preventing me from progressing further.

Book 1 Ch. 1: Where is Ekim, god of wind? I revealed the entire map and he was nowhere to be found
Book 2 Ch. 2: Where is the DDR minigame? I stepped in the circle of power in the clearing and nothing happened. Also, powering the obelisk optional quest did nothing, no rewards or anything.

Are these supposed to be like this or am I missing something?
You can't fight Ekim the first time around.

The Obelisks reward stuff later.
-- Razorclaw X
verb8im

Post by verb8im »

Book 5 chapter 7, eagle riders can't get weapons upgrades cause they have steel arrowheads instead of black gunpowder.

Who is the narrator? I just noticed in one of the last lines of dialogue in the epilogue of the 5th book when it was talking about the 6th priest, that it sounded like the narrator was there. Is the narrator supposed to be Yue Fang?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

verb8im wrote:Who is the narrator? I just noticed in one of the last lines of dialogue in the epilogue of the 5th book when it was talking about the 6th priest, that it sounded like the narrator was there. Is the narrator supposed to be Yue Fang?
The narrator is her brother.
-- Razorclaw X
verb8im

Post by verb8im »

Weren't you working on an X3? Or was that just something you hoped to do?

Also, is there a way to find Galsis, the last dragon?