LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by IskatuMesk »

The DMC5 run is now available.
ArcCain
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by ArcCain »

Crank, huh? Alright, let's have a look.

Edit: I will hold off on commenting on the playthrough until I'm finished with it but one thing that came to mind was Capcom's obsession with constantly trying to change DMC. I get that stagnation is bad but they've been trying to change the series since DMC2. They didn't even ask the original team if they wanted to take on the sequel and like you pointed out they have been moving the game form team to team ever since which would explain why DMC4, in spite of having many years of development, shipped in an unfinished state. Same goes for graphics. I've never understood why Capcom pushed realism in a series which was inspired by Space Adventure Cobra. Hell, 3's anime inspired characters (primarily Dante and Vergil) lent itself well to the game and they could make Dante and Vergil look exactly the same like actual twins, rather then 5 where they don't look the least like each other.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

- Apex U section, including Segment 0, is deleted. Due to the events of 2017 I am not likely to ever write again. It was my first attempt at writing since 2009 and everything related only reminded me why I lost interest, and the period I was writing it has been painted in an extremely toxic light since then. Wasn't happy with the released project, so it's gone for good.

- Retribution tech document is getting the axe. It will never be completed. No one will mourn its loss. Will never return to this world in any format. It's dead for good. Gonna clean up the section so it exclusively points to the audiobook, and I may update the audiobook page itself.

- Resource section no longer claims there will be a "General" section as there won't be. I have rescinded my plans to release D&D content for the simple fact that all the people who are interested in that content are already in my contacts. I don't plan to go out of my way to post any more maps on either GP or CC. I am debating if keeping the Starcraft-related stuff is worth it or not. I'm erring to no, but I'm not going to delete it yet.

- About: Video Content - I plan to go through this section and modernize it at some point to account for the new pipeline, along with any other areas referring formats.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

:3
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

sorry I can't hear you being cheeky over all this ASMR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

A new Coffee Hour has been released.

A new Article, "The Mobage Experience", briefly regaling my last year of time with the darkest corner of the internet, has been released.

An Azur Lane video has been added to the Extras section.

I've continued some work on the site. Some slight edits here and there, some cleanup, and moving the WoW videos to a subsection of the Compilations. My hope is to eventually remove most of the Spoilers from the site over the course of the year.

I have removed the current Intro to D&D video as it references content that is not on the site. I will reconstruct it in the future to more accurately reflect the state of the section and be more educational in general.

I have resumed active work on the WoW Rant 2 series, though I regret to report that I've lost a huge chunk of valuable video for the Side B conclusion that I can no longer reproduce. The reason why: I am stupid.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Four segments of FF14 from last year are now available in the graveyard.
Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Revolta »

The chimpout is coming.
nu1x
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by nu1x »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWpCdUQLWwU

just some cheerful relaxation music.
nu1x

Post by nu1x »

In other news, it only took me from the July of 2018, I actually watched all of One Piece up to the beginning of Big Mom arc, which is a feat (750 episodes so far, out of ~890). I'll continue the project, as it provides much workout for my tear glands.

It's sad that there are only basically 2 large good Shonen animes - OP and Hunter x Hunter. Others are not even close in scope, if good. By which I mean good hero journey non-parody anime that does not degenerate to power scaling nonsense, and continues to be inventive.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have finished the recordings for Warcraft 3.

Boys. We've done it. We've found a game worse than diablo 3.
nu1x

Post by nu1x »

IskatuMesk wrote:I have finished the recordings for Warcraft 3.

Boys. We've done it. We've found a game worse than diablo 3.
Nice. To think that you of all people haven't played it until now ? Or am I missing something ?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I played it when it came out. I had held it (the recorded run) off for a long time because I knew it was going to be really bad, but I did tell someone I would eventually do it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

There's still work to do, especially the review, but also a possible melee game recording with AI, but the Wc3 run is otherwise available now. Enjoy 61 hours of Canadian-brand 'tism.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The D&D section has been migrated to the Extras and an audit of the non-SSC content has been performed which includes a unification of naming conventions for the files themselves.