Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by RazorclawX »

I really want to give Yue Fang a nice outfit (like Overwatch Mercy's Zhuque or Li Ming's HotS Lunar Festival), but there's no place to use it.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

I think... maybe you can give the main characters in Book3-5 such as Yuefang and Scaldar more classes? (just like Book1-2) But I guess doing so may bring much trouble since they appear in the obvious transition part Book3 while the class selection is in the introduction of Book4.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I looked at Mercy more and decided that's more trouble than it's worth. Holy crap. Way more goes into Overwatch models than the average Heroes of the Storm model.

Ziel: C'mon, dress up like Chun Li.
Yue Fang: *slap*
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Star Princess Miranda is getting Chaos Wave. Not coincidentally her moveset is nearly identical to the 'Warchief' from KoS because of that (because she already had Howl of Terror from before). I was toying with the idea of giving her a Sailor Moon move, but they're so bland.

Hikaru's 'no healing' class now has a healing spell. It's mostly because it kind of felt BAD for him to not have one (Chaos Lord still lacks a healing spell, but it's so OP it doesn't need one); he is still supposed to be a Paladin regardless of what you pick at that point.

Johan's second class is called 'Bouncer' but I'm not really sure if the moves work for it. He has Hook Shot and Hamstring so he drags people to him and beats the stuffing out of them or something. I don't know about this; it's kind of a weird Stitches/Butcher hybrid (I'm mostly worried that the Hook is going to break something).

For all the changes I'm doing, overall Books 3 onward are really not changing all that much; a lot of the changes were cleaning stuff under the hood. Most of the meat and potato comes from the first two and the revised character classes.

Oh yeah. Not that this is going to be a surprise to anyone, but the past couple weeks I've been working on a model for Shizuka. It's for one of the existing classes (you can fairly easy guess which one) and its a lot more time consuming than the Star Princess mostly because I had to make a bunch of extra pieces for it. I'm mostly buying myself time while I consider what else I could do with Johan's 'second' class that wouldn't be completely stupid.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Thought about it a bit more. Tanya's getting the Star Princess treatment. She needed a real update anyhow.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

So, if Tanya have a rework, will she still be the Rabid Otaku in the Arcadia boss fight? Or will you change that too?
About Hikaru's 'no-healing' class, is it going to have Holy Radiance, Holy Light or Holy Shock?
ED: By that I mean those three spells are all the Paladin-themed healing spells available in the campaign, and I doubt that you will make a new healing spell for that class specifically.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Currently it's Holy Nova, but I'm not sure if that's going to stick.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

For Books 3 through 5 Hikaru and Shizuka are keeping the same number of classes available, although the unlockable ones are altered a bit. Kurumi gets new ones, all variants of her existing abilities in different combinations, but mostly for skin's sake. All three of them have to have certain abilities in order to function correctly so it's a lot more constrained compared to Books 1 and 2 variations.

Hikaru, Shizuka, and Kurumi will have an 'Awakened' class that is a bit like their 'default' outfit with a different moveset. Shizuka loses no classes this way, but Hikaru loses one of the Flame Lord variants; Flame Lord (Holiday outfit) and Panda Knight remain the same. Shizuka's Ninja Maid has an entirely new moveset (that doesn't completely suck, but it will look familiar) and the Lolita is the same as Books 1 and 2; Harlequin remains the same. Kurumi gains a Holiday outfit and her Idol Singer outfit moveset changes and unlocks differently from the Bunny Girl; Bunny Girl and Dancing Butterfly remains the same. Kurumi's Succubus I think now gets Pulse Cannon instead of Soul Blight.

Hikaru and Kurumi having Holiday outfits honestly makes no sense to the rest of the world, but they are a matched pair (they also unlock the same way). Shizuka deliberately doesn't have one; you could think as a tradeoff she got the Harlequin outfit instead (all of those share in common that there was a lot more work put into those than the average costume).

And yes, I do think it's fair for Kurumi to have more unlockable variants.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Blast. I can't enter the forum through computer now, it just said the website is offline and clicking the access link to the forum is useless. I believe the website is blocked in China and that's so fucking annoying. Fortunately I still can use VPN to log in.

Glad to see that you are still working hard on the update, very inspiring.
Well, just come to say that in East District there are still many references to Nara when Selene talked to Kurumi. And I see Flame Lord (Holiday outfit)'s damage type is Hero instead of Chaos. Don't know if it's an oversight or intended.
Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Revolta »

When would be an appropriate time to do a video playthrough of WoS? Should I wait until after you ship a few updates?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I don't feel like I'll truly be 'done' until after Reforged comes out, so I don't know the answer to that, but until then (because it's still 9 months out) I think there will be a period where I'm just plain working on new stuff. I've been planning a third extra story for a while now and things I've been planning for that are slowly bleeding over into the revisions (for instance, Shizuka's Harlequin costume and the Magician costume in Book 6 was made for that story; if you read the description on the costume you have a pretty good idea who the subject of the story is).

I have an ambitious idea for the campaign, but it's not going to be in the next release, or maybe ever (because the idea is so radical it could fundamentally alter the entire story), but we'll see what happens.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Did I just not let the Chaos Legion build Arcane Vaults before? The Arcane Vault shared the same hotkey as the Chaos Vortex which really confused me as to how something stupid like this happened.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

Talking about Arcane Vault and Chaos Legion, the Chaos Legion base is the only base without a shop in Chapter 7, Book 5. I am okay with it though, since it prevent the AI from selling good items on allied heroes.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Well this will probably get in the way somewhat, but I made it so your allies in those levels can't sell the items they're carrying. I'm positive they'll still try to drop some of them, though.

---

So far it seems like Jarek is not going to get a model update at all. Not that he really needs one.

Satyrs got the SC2 HD treatment. Satyr and Treant both have HD models in Starcraft 2 (along with a huge number of the demons, although I'm not going to bother converting most of them after working on the Succubus because the majority of said demons are only in the South District of Book 6 so they're not entirely useful to me) so that was kind of just a throw-it-in thing, although the Treants had to be fixed by hand because they were clearly only half-done (no team color on them)

I also finished converting the SC2 Dreadlord, although it honestly looks like a piece of crap (dude is way too thin). Of course with a little more work I can convert that into an HD Satyr Overlord (which uses the Dreadlord as its base) so it could work out from here.

Random thought of the day: why is it that succubus Shizuka is more wholesome than the extremely lewd succubus Kurumi.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

RazorclawX wrote:Random thought of the day: why is it that succubus Shizuka is more wholesome than the extremely lewd succubus Kurumi.
Perhaps Kurumi has larger breast and is younger than Shizu. You know, lewd younger child of high school is ... much dirtier. And as far as character is concerned Shizuka is more casual and energetic while Kurumi is more like a girly adorkable young sister.