Feedback Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

AngstyOwl
Terran Refinery Attendant

Feedback Thread

Post by AngstyOwl »

I figured it might be helpful if I collect all the stuff I notice while playing through in one thread.

In book 1; Chapter 4 Witch Hunters you can recruit several Nerubian units from a Mercenary shop in your base, the casters however only have access to their first spell due to not having caster upgrades researched which is a bit of a bummer.

In Chapter 5 it might be better to just disable the Forge entirely until you do the Ayame quest cause I was confused why I could build a building that only had a pulverize upgrade available. The text you get when you finish a siege ramp also says siege tunnel rather than siege ramp.
AngstyOwl

Re: Feedback Thread

Post by AngstyOwl »

Chapter 6 felt really challenging on normal cause the enemy bases have so many unit factories that their defenses just get replenished instantly.
AngstyOwl

Post by AngstyOwl »

In Book 2, chapter 2 the Nerubian Zigurat has Crypt Fiend upgrades available even though you can't recruit them.
AngstyOwl

Post by AngstyOwl »

Some tooltip-y / description stuff:

Tooltips:

==Hikaru==

Learn tooltip for Divine Shield mentions Paladin.

==Nekurow==

Learn tooltip for Nekurow mentions Demon Hunter.
Learn and regular tooltip for Animate Death mention Death Knight.

==Miranda==

Learn and regular tooltip for Bladestorm mention Blademaster.

==Shizuka==

Learn and regular tooltip for Mirror Image mention Blademaster.

==Kanna==

Annihilation Ward has Sentry Ward name in duration bar.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

AngstyOwl wrote:Some tooltip-y / description stuff:

Tooltips:

==Hikaru==

Learn tooltip for Divine Shield mentions Paladin.

==Nekurow==

Learn tooltip for Nekurow mentions Demon Hunter.
Learn and regular tooltip for Animate Death mention Death Knight.

==Miranda==

Learn and regular tooltip for Bladestorm mention Blademaster.

==Shizuka==

Learn and regular tooltip for Mirror Image mention Blademaster.

==Kanna==

Annihilation Ward has Sentry Ward name in duration bar.
Tooltips get automatically converted to your language if you don't edit them.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
AngstyOwl

Post by AngstyOwl »

Aah, okay, that makes sense then, apologies. :)
AngstyOwl

Post by AngstyOwl »

Got some more stuff from a new run-through of Book 1:

General stuff; future scenarios don't always seem to unlock properly? Especially not when you click exit campaign at the end of a scenario.

1-01: Road to Arcadia

In the opening cinematics Shizuka mentions how they haven't been able to get any corpses for the Army of the Dead cause they've only been fighting elementals and summoned beasts; the intro only shows them fighting dwarves though.
The Artesia AI forces sometimes end up taking out the Ziggurat and skeletons protecting the route to the Waygate.
If you skip the cinematic when Hikaru enters the village the potions in the shop won't be available yet.

1-02: Resurgence

Mastyrial Warmages' model feels a bit tiny?
They also don't have all spells available when hired in this shop in the Nerubian town.

1-02: Resistance

The chambers where you find Shion are very cramped and enemy units in other chambers often end up attacking you / casting spells at you.

1-03a: Witch Hunters

Royal Guard Towers were attacking the gargoyles in the east near Kanna's Farm.

1-04: Revolution

Destroyer form upgrade is available before completing Ayame's quest, even though you can't recruit statues yet.
The sorcerian ghosts only successfully attack ones, after that they just keep stacking up.
Kanna shouts "you are surrounded" even when just going in with just a shade.

1-04a: Rebellion

It's a bit odd that the Resistance forces don't change colour when you take control of them.
Feels very hard because of how quickly the enemy replenishes troops.
It's a bit odd that Arcadia doesn't field any human troops despite Kanna giving a speech at the start to a whole bunch of them.

1-04b: The Fated Hour

"It's not a trap" achievement says "No sand bug can save you now" instead when completing it.

1-05: Retaliation

Loading text says "what does Koseimaru have planned in store" which is saying the same thing twice I think.
Skeletons attack the altar in fight with Koseimaru.

1-05a: Orpheus' Hunger

The mobs outside are all asleep.
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

1-01:
The part about skipping the cinematic leading to potions not available is a function, because the recharge time starts when the Army of the Dead attack the Mage Guild, and is not altered by skipping cutscene.
1-02 (Resistance):
It is calculated that you have to find a way to deal with the least enemies at a time.
1-04:
About the 'you are surrounded' part, that was a trigger when any of your units (or Kanna, I am not sure) ran halfway through the ramps.
1-04b:
Not sure about storyline reasons, but the humans were removed due to performance reasons.
1-05:
They attack the altar because they are programmed to spawn in the back and do so.
1-05a:
Most creeps sleep when the weather settings is nighttime.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

AngstyOwl wrote:Got some more stuff from a new run-through of Book 1:

General stuff; future scenarios don't always seem to unlock properly? Especially not when you click exit campaign at the end of a scenario.

1-01: Road to Arcadia

In the opening cinematics Shizuka mentions how they haven't been able to get any corpses for the Army of the Dead cause they've only been fighting elementals and summoned beasts; the intro only shows them fighting dwarves though.
That's what they'd been fighting up until then.
The chambers where you find Shion are very cramped and enemy units in other chambers often end up attacking you / casting spells at you.
That's about the only thing that makes it difficult. It mostly does depend on what order you clear the rooms.
1-04a: Rebellion

It's a bit odd that the Resistance forces don't change colour when you take control of them.
Feels very hard because of how quickly the enemy replenishes troops.
It's a bit odd that Arcadia doesn't field any human troops despite Kanna giving a speech at the start to a whole bunch of them.
In the original version there was only one huge Undead base. Since then there's actually TWO so they attack much faster and respond quicker than they ever have. The original way was like fighting against a clown car since there was only one entrance to the base and all the unit production buildings were all the way in the back near where Chika is (there was no exit at the top end there which was later added after the Footmen were removed). I believe the 'easier' way to deal with it is to just take out the top base first because the bottom one the unit producers are much farther away from Ayame than the troop buildings are from Chika (the top base is also running the orignal clown car AI so they're a lot more aggressive about it than the bottom base).

At one point you could fight that big mob of Footmen and they gave a huge pile of gold, but yeah... they caused a huge crapload of lag just for existing. Either way, the regular army wouldn't follow losers like Ayame and Chika into battle (the Army of the Dead doesn't get that option) so you could consider that they deserted or lost morale (and everyone knew they were fucked if you removed Kanna because nobody else knew what they were doing)
-- Razorclaw X
AngstyOwl

Post by AngstyOwl »

Thank you for the framing. :) If I've been too nitpicky do say so.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

There's been a number of things that need changing that require a full playthrough to catch them all.
-- Razorclaw X
AngstyOwl

Post by AngstyOwl »

Book 2 Stuff

---Chapter 2: Expedition---

The suggested base location feels very cramped.
Nerubian Necromancers costs 4 food which feels a bit much for what they are?
The Masteryial Guardian and Mage models both feel a bit on the tiny side.

---Chapter 3, Part 1: Forgotten Tower---

The caravan doesn't stop if it's attacked from the rear causing it's guard Heroes to mostly move back and forth and slowly get killed instead of fighting back.
Hikaru could level Soul Saver from Book 1. (The ability to cure villagers of the plague)

---Chapter 4: Family Reunion---

The Viperfang workers aren't gathering gold when Shizuka arrives in the village, seeing them just standing around is a bit weird.
Trading lumber being done through a shop requires Shizuka to be around which is a bit annoying; maybe make it a a regular building with an ability to trade?
It might be cool if the Dragon Shrine you can find was linked to the Valdis quest? Like, for example being able to hire dragons afterwards.
There's a weird graphical glitch with lines being all drawn out when Ebon dies.
The initial dialogue with Sazabi says they worship the Green dragons and talks about calming Valdis down and then it suddenly shifts to you having to kill him in the Quest description and Sazabi being suprised you didn't kill him when you get back.

---Chapter 6: Showdown---

Hikaru and Kanna act like they never met but didn't they fight each other in the Book one chapter where Kanna attacks the resistance base?

---Chapter 7, Part 1: Fallen Comrades---

Higuru got stuck for me in one of the little areas that contain Arcadian generals. The waygates stop working after you've rezzed everyone so I couldn't get to him anymore.
The Troll Dragon roost is not affected by the spikes upgrade in the lumber mill.

---Chapter 7, Part 2: Spider's Song---

Mizuki has both abilities to summon but there's still circles of power as well.
Reiko seems to regain health at some points, I think when she does a fusion without it being clear why.
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

AngstyOwl wrote:
---Chapter 6: Showdown---

Hikaru and Kanna act like they never met but didn't they fight each other in the Book one chapter where Kanna attacks the resistance base?

---Chapter 7, Part 1: Fallen Comrades---

Higuru got stuck for me in one of the little areas that contain Arcadian generals. The waygates stop working after you've rezzed everyone so I couldn't get to him anymore.
The Troll Dragon roost is not affected by the spikes upgrade in the lumber mill.
Perhaps it is not affected visually, but try and put the roost in the frontline to test if the spike work.
About chapter 6 interaction with Hikaru and Kanna, it can be an oversight.
Also in Book 2 Epilogue: Chaos Sentinel cannot be found in the opening fight, which make the mission come to a complete halt.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

The suggested base location feels very cramped. You can build your base on either side of the portal... or even on top of the Troll base.

Nerubian Necromancers costs 4 food which feels a bit much for what they are? Probably.

The Viperfang workers aren't gathering gold when Shizuka arrives in the village, seeing them just standing around is a bit weird. If they start harvesting from the beginning then you just get a huge pile of gold upon completing the quest.

Trading lumber being done through a shop requires Shizuka to be around which is a bit annoying; maybe make it a a regular building with an ability to trade? I could've sworn I changed it to this way a long time ago.

It might be cool if the Dragon Shrine you can find was linked to the Valdis quest? The buildings are random on this level.

The initial dialogue with Sazabi says they worship the Green dragons and talks about calming Valdis down and then it suddenly shifts to you having to kill him in the Quest description and Sazabi being suprised you didn't kill him when you get back. I don't see any text asking you to kill him, though. The quest criteria is 'Defeat Vadis' consistently.

Hikaru and Kanna act like they never met but didn't they fight each other in the Book one chapter where Kanna attacks the resistance base? That's an artifact of that level in Book 1 not existing before. That and Chapter 7's playable portion (the intro cutscene used to be all that stage was) were made after Book 3 was.

Higuru got stuck for me in one of the little areas that contain Arcadian generals. The waygates stop working after you've rezzed everyone so I couldn't get to him anymore. Probably never occurred to me that he'd actually go in there. Easy to fix that though.

The Troll Dragon roost is not affected by the spikes upgrade in the lumber mill. That's just the graphics missing. It should work as advertised regardless.

Mizuki has both abilities to summon but there's still circles of power as well. That's if you wanted to do it the old fashioned way. I made the same change in the Book 3 summoning duels (haven't uploaded this version yet) and I still use the menu screen.
-- Razorclaw X
AngstyOwl

Post by AngstyOwl »

Ah okay I didn't know the buildings were randomized.