Metal Thread

Moderator: Milldawg

Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Re: Metal Thread

Post by Revolta »

Thanks for linking the pallbearer album, sounds great.

Here's something you might like:
► Show Spoiler
edit: and another something, industrial metal, sounds pretty cool to my ears.
► Show Spoiler
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

Not bad, the OH album is some solid fuzz, a bit on the heavier side than my normal fare but not bad. I'll have to try and sit down to the Turmion Kätilöt album one day, promising single.

I've got some wierd shit this time, Igorrr, some crazy french project. The radio has been pushing this album but they never played any songs off of it, and after listening to it I understand why. its so all over the place, only maybe a third or so of the album is "metal" the rest of it is an insane mashup of french baguettes and baroque type shit and some aphex twin style electronica effects thrown in. the transitions are mindblowing. Although they don't really sound similar, I get very mirrorthrone type vibes from it. Highly recommend listening to the album as a whole, from the over the top intro through to the end. Definitely an interesting descent into madness.

Savage Sinusoid
Spoiler
SteakofStake
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by SteakofStake »

Here are some songs I pulled out my ass
Mexico - Alestorm
► Show Spoiler
No Grave But The Sea - also Alestorm
► Show Spoiler
also alestorm did a cover of that one lazy town song that was a meme at some point
► Show Spoiler
also, GOBLIN COCK
► Show Spoiler
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

goblin cock is pretty solid :3 , I was planning on doing a goblin post sometime with them and orange goblin after the necrogoblicon post but i never got around to it.
im fond of their 2009 "Come with me if you want to live" album:
We've got a bleeder
Spoiler
Radio has been pretty good to me lately;

Recently been digging the new Paradise Lost single, very Type-O Negativy (who I've been dying to do a proper write up for, but it has to be in october :3) which was surprising as they're generally more sludgy/post-metal imo, but i fucking love type o and having something scratch that itch is always welcome.
The Longest Winter
Spoiler
Also Ne Obliviscaris came out with a new single as well if youre in a more proggy melo-death mood, love the bass and violin work, all around good shit
Intra Venus
Spoiler
in a similar vein, Wintersun has their Vivaldi Four Seasons inspired album coming out, radio's been pushing the 'Summer' song, but the whole album is worth a listen.
The Forest That Weeps
Spoiler
ALSO;
found this on the internet today, Hatebeak. A parrot is the vocalist.
Spoiler
Revolta

Post by Revolta »

Thanks for sharing, some of these were great.

If you're into classic '80s-ish production and song structure, some heavy metal from Mountaineer might be a good listen:
► Show Spoiler
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

some slavic gregorian chant + blackness on the menu today, from Poland: Batushka.

Litourgiya. Personally I'm fond of Yekteniya but the whole album is worth a play through
Spoiler
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

new mastodon video. idk what the song sounds like, i got too distracted by weird nose shit lol

Mastodon - Steambreather
Spoiler
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

Steambreather gets a lot of play on liquid metal on sxm some reason. I don't really know why though, since 90% of what they play is shitty metalcore, slipknot and metallica.
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

speaking of shitty bands i gotta admit I've developed a soft spot for Machine Head and Korn after catching both at festivals a few years back.

Machine head has consistently the cheapest looking videos I've ever seen, they're hilariously bad, I could have sworn I linked one earlier.... but they put on a fun show and when youre drunk at a festival they fit in perfectly
Locust
Spoiler
Halo
Spoiler
Korn was big when I was in highschool but I wasn't ever really a fan, some of my friends listened to em, but i thought it was just some trash, but after seeing them live though i can feel what they're going for.
Also Jesse Pinkman is in one of their videos, I'm like 90% sure its canon
Thoughtless
Spoiler
Shoots and Ladders [fun with bagpipes and nursery rhymes :3]
Spoiler
Falling Away from Me
Spoiler
Doom month soon~~~
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

Type O Negative~

I've been wanting to do a write up of these guys forever, one of my all time favourites and (along with Electric Wizard) they were the catalyst to starting Doom Month to begin with. A unique sound of doom with some gothic elements thrown in. Touching on themes of sex and drugs, love and death, anger and sorrow, sprinkled with ambient tonesetters, dark humor and Brooklyn attitude.

One of my bigger regrets in music is that I didn't find out about them until about a month or so before Peter Steele (frontman/bassist) died. Since then every time I listen to each album it carries an additional little bit of gloom knowing I'll never get to see them preform live. RIP

As every album is worth a listen from start to finish I'm going to do something a bit different and try to do a write up for each one, starting with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeD0OoQwaXw
Slow, Deep and Hard (1991)
I'm pretty sure thats a picture of sex for the cover... anyway,
I'd say their first album is the most raw and angry. Starting from the production quality its got a gritty sound, harking back to Pete's earlier band Carnivore, that's not found on their later albums, there's still plenty of production effects so I'm pretty sure its intentional, but i'm not the biggest fan of it, and I'm glad they went with a 'cleaner' sound for later albums. However dont let that make it seem like this album is bad, quite the contrary, maybe #3 for me overall.

It opens with 'Unsuccessfully coping with the natural beauty of infidelity', thats really the song title and imo its a fucking great one, bouncing between super heavy gloomy doom and hyper angry thrash as fitting the subject matter. The chorus of "I KNOW YOURE FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE" has an undeniable energy, set against the slower gloomier parts makes for quite the rollercoaster of an opening track. would have LOVED to see this live ;_;.
Following this is the equally angry and extra heavy "Der Untermensch" providing some time to catch your breath before going into an angry breakdown of its own "WASTE OF LIFE", also that pipe/machine(?) sound is metal as fuck.
The next track, "Xero Tolerance", opens with some grinding shit, that drops into a nice heavy theme of anger, before speeding up into a fun romp about murder in Brighton Beach (the russian part of Brooklyn). My headcannon is that this is the sequel to the opening track. Slowly winding to a close with the sound of axe chops in the background this would have also made an amazing live song.
"Prelude to Agony" is overall one of the slower/heavier tracks on the album, some high quality doom coming through on this one, but thats not to say that it stays in the glumps constantly, the 'jackhammering' has a good amount of energy to it, as fitting for some good ole fashion murderrape. Closing out with actual jackhammering lol.
"Glass Walls of Limbo (Dance mix)" is like a bit of an intermission to me, it would be fitting to play as atmosphere at a haunted house, although I gotta say I do kinda like the chanting and chains. Helps set the tone, kinda therapeutic too, but thats just IMO. I'll let it play out if I'm driving alone, but I'll usually skip it if I have other people in the car.
"The Misinterpretation of Silence and Its Disastrous Consequences" is just silence :3.
Finally closing out the album "Gravitational Constant: G = 6.67 x 10⁻⁸ cm⁻³ gm⁻¹ sec⁻²", jesus christ titlegore, anyway, this feels like the continuation of the story from earlier, with our protaganist unable to justify his existance, feeling the weight of gravity crushing him, and ending it all. Heavy, solid track all around and a great way to close out the album.

Next time I'll go over their fake live album where they rework some of the songs from the first one, add in a couple new tracks and a few covers, and ship the album cover with a picture of Pete's ass.
Revolta

Post by Revolta »

Obese - Anamnesis
► Show Spoiler
Great album, hope you enjoy
SteakofStake

Post by SteakofStake »

Nekrogoblikon's coming out with a new album soon, I'm hyped.
► Show Spoiler
SteakofStake

Post by SteakofStake »

They released their new album today, I ended up ordering the cd a while ago and it came in the mail 2 days ago so i've been listening to it a little bit, it's pretty good. I think these 3 songs are my favorite, but I really like the album overall

Darkness
Spoiler
Row
Spoiler
Dragon
Spoiler
wibod

Post by wibod »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARM8cD8Xyno

Zeal and Ardor is putting out another album this year.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

this thread is impossibly laggy in pale moon

Bloodywood
Spoiler
Myrath
Spoiler
Blue Stahli
Spoiler