The Critter Campaign

BounceHimUp
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

The Critter Campaign

Post by BounceHimUp »

Download (Custom *.mpq and 6 Maps):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2vm4s4ukkvym ... 6.zip?dl=0

"Starcraft: The Critter Campaign" is a frame story, recounted in past tense by its protagonist, Dr. Marko, a former Confederate ghost who escaped to the distant and little-known world of Siddakar to live a life of peace. A radical experiment on the development of critters comes to fruition as war comes to the Siddak Republic. The story is set after the end of the original Starcraft campaign, but before the Dominion is invaded by the United Earth Directorate in Brood War.

I really hope that someone will appreciate playing this... Here is a project that I put a lot of time into many years ago without finishing; I recently got an itch to start playing Brood War again, and I felt like it was such a waste that this thing never got finished, so I've been taking a crack at completing it.

Today, I want to share the introductory cutscene and the first five missions. The final three missions are still in production, but I didn't want that to delay announcing the project any further.

The custom *.mpq should not require a specific version of Brood War and will run on Windows or Mac.

Thanks.

EDIT: Here are some screenshots...
Last edited by BounceHimUp on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazin
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: The Critter Campaign

Post by blazin »

i'll give it a try. it must be the second only campaign that makes critters have custom atacks.

one thing i always wanted was to make custom critters but twice the size.i wonder if that's possible..
blazin

Post by blazin »

What i am soppused to do on the ''use the mouse'' part in mission 2?
BounceHimUp

Post by BounceHimUp »

You know how if you click on a critter enough times in a row, it will blow up? That's the idea.
blazin

Post by blazin »

Yeah well I tried to click many times on the barricades before posting this but it didn't work. maybe i didn't click enough and though i had to do something else.

anyway, have you tried publishing your campaign in mod db? there are quite people who constantly search for starcraft mods on that page. for example some patch i made for an outdated game has already 132 downloads in less than 1 month, and i think that's quite a decent number seeing how dead the sc1 community is.

As for the campaign, the maps are too good and the effects too. I have played too many campaigns but I have never seen things like on the installation mission or being able to play as custom race.
BounceHimUp

Post by BounceHimUp »

Thanks for the recommendation; it was surprisingly easy to get everything set up on Moddb. http://www.moddb.com/mods/starcraft-the ... r-campaign

I appreciate the praise, and it's nice to know the maps play well. Thanks for playing!
blazin

Post by blazin »

got any tips for the last mission? between getting harrased with horde of marines at the early start and being unable to do an offensive i am clueless
BounceHimUp

Post by BounceHimUp »

The scantids you get in the beginning should shred the early waves of marines with support from electroliths and Dr Marko (whose vulture you can repair, so try to have him draw fire). Build constant SCVs until you're maxed out of supply (18/18); early economy is important. Build a Crystal Formation ASAP without sacrificing SCV production. Tech up to Gargoyles as soon as you can; build your Stone Temples near the entrance to your base... When the siege tanks come, they can be busy attacking the Stone Temples while a couple Gargoyles pick them off.

Rhynadons and Gargoyles will be your bread and butter until you're ready to start massing Kakarus, but a couple scantids here and there will come in handy. Focus on taking the base to your right and the gas-only above you. If the mission drags on, there is a mineral-only near the top left you will also want to take. Rhynadons will handle wraiths, scantids handle infantry, and gargoyles will deal with mech. You'll also want your hackers on hand to lock down battlecruisers when they start coming your way.

The key to taking each objective is to raise enough ruckus to draw fire and drop a hacker on the beacon. Mass Kakarus dropping Rhynadons supported by a few Gargoyles is how I beat it the first time. You can also use a lot more Kakarus with upgrades (two control groups). They're fast and can bypass the missile turrets, and you don't have to wait for the gargoyles to lumber along. You'll want to drop something to take siege tank fire, though.
blazin

Post by blazin »

it took me 5 tries but i finally beated it. the main problem was that i didn't focus on gargoyles enough to upgrade their damage.
Rawflesh0615
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by Rawflesh0615 »

When will the next maps will be release?
BounceHimUp

Post by BounceHimUp »

The remainder of the campaign is about 75% finished. I have just been too busy to work on it. I will try to have it out in the next 2–3 months.