FFS Event Info and Replays

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: FFS Event Info and Replays

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

IskatuMesk wrote:2-3 minutes is enough to download an entire fully-voiced campaign in most third world countries. What the hell do they have that throttled at?

This just sounds like random interns changing values with no idea how the system works or any implications that come as a result of changing them. Exactly what I'd expect out of Blizzard.
Well, even for us at FFS, the 30 seconds issue is often there is like that 3-5 seconds before starting to download then X secs slowed down download speed then about 2-3 secs to "post-complete" the download THEN another 2-5 secs to actually join the lobby.

With 2-3 minutes, it's likely we would do the above without an issue although with 30 seconds, the odds becomes much higher since if we cut the minor extra delays, it's like if we had 15-20 seconds instead of 135-140 seconds to download + join.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Next week will be a small special return of the Satyr Saturday event for Warcraft 3.

Depending on how it goes, it's possible I go 1/2 SC2 and 1/2 WC3 events. At the most extreme, maybe even a full switch to the WC3 event for at least a while.

EDIT :

Remainders.

Server : USWest (not USEast)
Channel : op tpcnet
Saturday May 16th at 9 PM GMT-5.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

Since Lavarinth has decided that this sub-forum can only have threads pertaining to FFS in this thread, I'll just continue from where Ricky left off here.
Ricky_Honejasi wrote:Personally I do intend to start SC2 again in the 2 weeks later. On the 2nd week of it, I was way too tired to come. On the 4th week, I mostly just made an exception for HotStorm despite being there.

Also it feels trickier to pick SC2 maps that everyone is at least content. Is there any map we didn't play that much that you guys want to be back?

I also don't have as much time to make interesting maps as in the past.

So there's really three issues here:

1: Is there something on the SC2 arcade that anyone wants to continue playing? It seems like, from the remaining event members, everyone is bored of any map that has any replayable value. I have yet to hear a suggestion of any map that anyone wants to play that we can get more than half of the players interested.

2: If SC2 is burnt out, should we switch to HotS?

3: If we switch to HotS, what should we do if/when we have more than 5 people?
http://krazygaming.freeforums.org/
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Krazy wrote:1: Is there something on the SC2 arcade that anyone wants to continue playing? It seems like, from the remaining event members, everyone is bored of any map that has any replayable value. I have yet to hear a suggestion of any map that anyone wants to play that we can get more than half of the players interested.
Personally, I still have reasonable motivation for most maps. I think it's only the squads-like maps that I honestly and simply don't care much.
Krazy wrote:2: If SC2 is burnt out, should we switch to HotS?
Hmm, I am not sure yet.
Krazy wrote:3: If we switch to HotS, what should we do if/when we have more than 5 people?
Probably private HotStorm games of up 5v5.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

Personally I'd like to try Star Armada once in a while, but Krazy seems to hate it and we generally don't get enough players for it anyway. I don't mind Tank Battle either but it looks like that and almost everything else hasn't been updated in over a year.
Krazy

Post by Krazy »

Well, I don't hate it, Ices actually has made it a lot better. It just seems to issue the same problems we all have with Star Battle, only slower. Namely that it becomes a slow snowball where half the players at a certain point are practically unable to do anything. At least with HotS, a lost match takes less than 20 minutes (usually) and in most matches there's a reasonable chance of coming back in a successful teamfight.

Now, if Star Armada was on the list of maps we were willing to get on board with (I don't really think I'm the only one not enthusiastic about it, but some of the other people might have just stopped coming to FFS at this point so maybe I am), then it still wouldn't generally be the first map we played. Since it can take so long, we usually save it for later in the event anyway. So if we wanted to, we could start with 4-6 games of HotS, then see if we wanted to transition over to SC2 for Star Armada or Zealot Hockey, depending on how many players we had.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I would be fine with starting with hots since I don't play sc2 and it seems most of the time no one tells me you guys are playing hots if you are (sometimes Steak sends me a message but usually not in advance, so by the time I see it you guys are either done or at least in a game by then). Plus it's easier for me to plan around it if you start with it as opposed for me to jump into something mid-way I am otherwise not following.
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

One day I am going to come back.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

It's fine Posy, the events will still go on so you can essentially come back when you want/can.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

It's not fine, the event is about to die, we need you asap
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

Well, when you're conflicted, the best course of action is no action at all!

...right?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I agree. Let's drink coffee and watch it all burn.
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

As mentioned in General Discussion, you are free to continue to use Ventrilo, but I advocate switching to our Discord server:

Read more here, or join here:
► Show Spoiler
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator