The Stars Align!

Moderator: Milldawg

Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Re: The Stars Align!

Post by Thalraxal »

Yeah, my small experience with raiding in Wrath was much the same. We managed to clear three of the quarters of Naxx without too much trouble, and then just wiped repeatedly on Gothik the Harvester in the Military Quarter.

"Anger... hate... These are tools I can use."

The Maker was a Mo'arg scientist working for the Fel Horde at the Blood Furnace in Hellfire Citadel. There he helped to accelerate the transformation of orcs to fel orcs.

He was probably killed by adventurers.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Tonight! Live from his slime and crap infested dance studio...

"You... are next."

Heigan the Unclean! This necromancer is the mind behind the creation of the plague cauldrons. The original Plague of Undeath used contaminated grain as a vector, which limited its spread to the humanoid population of Lordaeron. The plague cauldron, however, releases the plague into the air, causing it to infect the wildlife, plant life, and contaminate the ground and water of a region. The deployment of plague cauldrons by the Scourge had transformed much of eastern Lordaeron into what's now known as the Plaguelands.

Heigan has taken up residence within Naxxramas, where he's taken it upon himself to rig much of the citadel with traps of his own design. As an avid performance artist, Heigan is also quite fond of forcing intruding adventurers to dance for his amusement. As Naxxramas likely survived the fall of the Lich King, it seems likely that Heigan is still out there, somewhere, and it likely splitting his time between playing card games and perfecting his dance routines.

I was never able to master the safety dance, as a result, my friends left me behind. :(
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

2manning the safety dance was very common in wotlk era.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

They could have one-manned the safety dance back then if they had monks.

"You're gonna need to bring friends." -Dirk Thunderwood

Kurinnaxx is a large, silithid sand reaver who lurks in the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. Its poison is apparently potent enough to have attracted the attention of Ravenholdt Manor, an assassin's guild, who has sent their agent, Dirk Thunderwood, to get its venom sac in order to help them develop new, and more potent poisons.

Kurinnaxx was likely destroyed, and its venom sac removed and delivered to Dirk, by adventurers.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Back when AQ20 first came out I was assist raid leading a horde guild on downhammer. As it turns out, the only way we could do kurinnaxx is by graveyard zerging him and battle resing the tank over and over because we didn't have enough tanks to do tank swaps (aka we only had one).

That guild did a joint MC raid with someone else and it took months for them to down lucy.

Let's not talk about Rajaxx and mana spring totems every wave.

Also some rogue in that guild kept complaining how he was dying because he was pulling aggro. I told him to use feint. "don't tell me how to play my class" "ok enjoy your repair bills"
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Ouch, that sounds both brutal and hilarious.

I've never understood why so many rogues seemed to be morally opposed to using feint. Oh, no. An ability that lowers your threat and makes monsters less likely to crush you! This is the worst thing ever!

It's back to Blackrock Depths today!

“Aah, a new chew toy for my dogs!”

Houndmaster Grebmar is a dark iron dwarf who loves dogs. As an orphan, the closest thing Grebmar has to a family were his hounds. As such, he turned his passion for them into his career, and now trains and breeds dogs for the Dark Iron Clan. His hounds serve as companions, guards, and presumably even participate in gladiatorial battles in the Ring of Law, which Grebmar is usually found lurking below.

Sadly, or perhaps fortunately, for Grebmar, most people tend to forget he exists. Most adventurers pass him by on their way into the Ring of Law, and usually die and rage quit once they reach the East Garrison, or someone accidentally starts a fight with the arena spectators. Additionally, poor Grebmar seemed doomed to forever live in the shadow of the far more famous Houndsmaster Loksey.

The future's been a mixed bag for Houndmaster Grebmar. For one thing, his nemesis Houndsmaster Loksey has been killed and removed from the game. Sadly, he's now in the shadow of his far less competent replacement. While he's still mostly left alone by adventurers, he's been demoted from true boss status, and doesn't event rate as a shouty elite, since Blizzard has apparently removed his one line from the game.

Houndmaster Grebmar is still alive, because no one remembers to kill him.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

This weekend, it's off to Zul'Aman! I'm surprised its taken us this long to get to a troll based instance.

"Nobody badduh dan me!"

Zul'jin was a forest troll warlord and leader of the Amani tribe. He successfully united the forest troll tribes under his banner, and led them successfully in raids against the High Elves of Quel'thalas for many years. His efforts at launching larger offensives deeper into elven territory were continually stymied however by the elves magical defences.

When the Horde approached the Amani, offering them an alliance between their two groups, he was initially apprehensive. While Zul'jin saw the benefit in having a powerful new ally, he was uninterested in being drawn into the Horde's larger conflict with the human kingdoms. Zul'jin's focus was on destroying the elves, watching Silvermoon burn, and reclaiming Quel'thalas for the Amani trolls, he didn't care about Lordaeron or Stromgarde. His view on this changed, however, after he was captured by Alliance forces and later rescued by the orcs. Following that, he allied with the Horde.

Sadly for Zul'jin, the Second War didn't see the glorious destruction of the elves that he had hoped for. While Doomhammer had launched an assault on Quel'thalas, he pulled his forces back before the job was done to focus on his assault on Lordaeron. Without the support of the Horde, Zul'jin was captured by a group of elves, who tortured him and ripped out his eye. Zul'jin was able to escape them, however, by ripping off his own arm and fleeing into the night.

Zul'jin returned to Zul'Aman and remained there for some time, seething. He greatly enjoyed the Scourge's destruction of Quel'thalas during the Third War, and as a result of it was able to expand the Amani's influence in the Ghostlands and Eversong Forest. His plans for a greater offensive into Quel'thalas never came to fruition, however.

The news of the Blood Elves joining the Horde outraged no one more than it outraged Zul'jin. He saw this as nothing short of betrayal by his former allies, and it served to further cement his hatred of everyone.

Ultimately, the mighty troll capital of Zul'Aman came under siege by a group of... treasure hunters... led by Budd Nedreck. With the promise of treasure, adventurers stormed Zul'Aman and killed Zul'jin. Budd attempted to claim credit for the deed, however was driven irrevocably mad by the spirit of Zul'jin. While the plot of Patch 2.3 was kinda lame, Zul'jin did give an awesome voiceover in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmndxoF74qQ

Zul'jin is the third WarCraft II hero to be an instance boss. He has, however, since been removed from WoW, as the Zul'Aman raid was retooled into a Heroic Dungeon in Cataclysm. His place as the final boss and Warlord of the Amani was taken by his successor, Daakara.
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

BC-era Zul'jin was another boss that too many people died to. "IT'S RANDOM MAN" -> same people dying to tornadoes every time

That's pug raids for you. It took a guildmate paying me 100g to respec from shadow to holy just so we could take him down.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

In our case it was never being able to kill the bear consistently because every tank that wasn't myself was a window-licking retard that couldn't find their taunt button.

Sort of like it still is in WoD.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

you just need more soulstones
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

Hunter_Killers wrote:In our case it was never being able to kill the bear consistently because every tank that wasn't myself was a window-licking retard that couldn't find their taunt button.

Sort of like it still is in WoD.
My anus just puckered so hard it created dark matter.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

"There is a saying amongst us that all is fair in mushrooms and war!" -T'shu

Hungarfen was a fungal giant who lived in the Underbog. He was considered to be one of the leaders of the fungal giants. However, despite his high status amongst his kin Hungarfen spent most of his time tending to his prized plant, the Underspore, and did little to nothing prevent the encroachment of the naga in the region (who were draining the region of water and enslaving or driving his kin mad), or become directly involved in the ongoing war between the fungal giants and the sporelings. He was kind of a terrible leader really.

Hungarfen was likely killed by adventurers, and his prized Underspore torn apart by them at the request of the sporeling, T'shu.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

It's back to Ahn'Qiraj, but this time we're going to the Temple!

"Are you so eager to die? I will be happy to accommodate you..."

The Prophet Skeram was the leader of the Qiraji prophet caste, and a devoted servant of the Old God, C'thun. He guarded the entryway into the temple complex in Ahn'Qiraj, along with a squad of Anubisath. He was also the author of the partially translated Qiraji text, The Prophecy of C'thun, which seems to detail the history of the Qiraji, including the Old God's battle against the Titans, the creation of the Aqir (the ancient ancestors of the Qiraji, Nerubians, and Klaxxi), and the War of the Shifting Sand.

Despite not appearing to have arms, The Prophet Skeram's robes have sleeves.

The Prophet Skeram was likely destroyed by adventurers when they stormed Ahn'Qiraj following the reopening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj and the resumption of the War of the Shifting Sands.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Franclorn F. Forgewright was a master architect and members of the Dark Iron clan. Prior to the War of Three Hammers, Forgewright worked with the other dwarven clans and oversaw the construction of Stonewrought Passage, which connected the lands of the Dark Irons to those of the Bronzebeards, as well as Stonewrought Dam.

In addition to these architectural marvels, Forgewright also forged a pair of mighty hammers, Ironfoe and Ironfel. While he kept Ironfel for himself, which became a symbol of his station as chief architect of the Dark Iron Clan, he gifted Ironfoe to a human friend of his, who would make the hammer and hierloom of his family.

Following the War of Three Hammers, with the destruction of the City of Thaurissian as a result of the summoning of Ragnaros the Fire Lord, the Dark Iron Clan needed a new home. Moving into the new formed Blackrock Mountain, Forgewright was tasked with turning it into a great city and fortress, one that would be greater than any dwarven city that came before it! While he ultimately saw his designs completed, Forgewright passed on soon after construction was complete. A great tomb was built for him at the entrance way of the city he helped to design and build.

Today isn't about Franclorn Forgewright, however. It's about his vastly less competent successor.

"My great hammer, Ironfel, was handed down to the new chief architect, Fineous Darkvire: a man of despicable motive and little talent." -Franclorn Forgewright

Fineous Darkvire served as chief architect of the Dark Iron Clan following the death of Forgewright. He "earned" his position by passing off the work of others as his own. This, amongst other things, earned him the ire of his predecessor from beyond the grave.

Darkvire was likely killed by adventurers when they stormed Shadowforge City in an effort to rescue King Magni's daughter, Moira. At the request of Forgewright, Ironfel was looted from Darkvire's corpse, and delivered to a statue of Forgewright in the Shrine of Thaurissian, where it remains, forever locked in the statue's stoney grasp.

Darkvire also dropped a nice shirt, which was also likely looted by adventurers.
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

"If you nice, me let you live."
"No, we will NOT let you live."

Warbringer O'mrogg was a deadly warrior, possessing both great strength and cunning. He was considered by Alliance and Horde forces stationed in Hellfire Peninsula to be one of the Fel Horde's most dangerous warriors. However, O'mrogg's two heads hate each other, argue and bicker constantly, and have difficulty agreeing on anything. While this might seem to be a potential weakness, O'mrogg's occasionally erratic behaviour in combat makes him much harder to predict, and actually seems to be a strength for him.

Seriously, he spends the entire battle arguing with himself, and its amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn2qm0NXhgk

O'mrogg once possessed the Tear of the Earthmother, a powerful magical gem crafted by ogres and passed down to O'mrogg. It was likely looted from his corpse and used by the blacksmith David Wayne to make a demon slaying weapon.

O'mrogg was likely killed by adventurers when they stormed the Shattered Halls.