Book 5 Secret Level Glitch

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

X59
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals

Book 5 Secret Level Glitch

Post by X59 »

In the secret level Dragon Slayers Arena, in which the New Game Plus is supposed to be accessed, a glitch could happen in which Sokuram and RazorclawX (Lich NPC) become hostile and they and the heroes battle it out. One of two things could happen: Sokuram keeps reviving when he is killed or he dies and stays dead when he is killed, either way the New Game Plus Save option does not work.

It looks like the only thing that fixes this glitch is fighting and killing the Ultimate Dragon with the five heroes you can get into the circle of power (move fast if you can, RazorclawX is extremely powerful). In my case I used Hikaru, Shizuka, Kurumi, Kosseimaru, and Kazgaroth, which was an interesting combination but it got the job done. Alternatively you could use any set of five heroes type in "whosyourdaddy" and kill the ultimate dragon, so that you can go back and try with the set of heroes you wanted to work with.
Drew
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: Book 5 Secret Level Glitch

Post by Drew »

RazorclawX, Sokuram, and the Black Dream are meant to be vulnerable to attack, so that the person playing the campaign can attack and challenge them if they are feeling suicidal enough. However, on occasion they will become hostile before the map even hands over control to you, which is a bug. This doesn't happen every time, so you can restart the map until it functions normally.
X59

Post by X59 »

Ah, I guess I experienced the third times the charm rule and the whole killing the Ultimate Dragon thing was just a coincidence then. Well thanks for explaining Drew.
Drew

Post by Drew »

It's an annoying little glitch in that I sometimes have to restart the map, but it's also funny as well. When it happens with me, every single hero is attacking Sokuram. The melee heroes will even be shooting ninja stars or energy balls at him from a distance, despite the fact that they're supposed to be 'melee'. It almost looks like they're bullying him because he's a geeky little acolyte in a black robe. Then RCX comes over to spoil all the fun. I guess I enjoy this campaign just a little too much. Anyway, thanks for bringing this glitch to Razorclaw's attention.