StarCraft Fan Campaign Listing

staredcraft
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: StarCraft Fan Campaign Playthroughs

Post by staredcraft »

Hey I haven't TRIED the files yet but I was able to download all of Drake Clawfang's Campaigns from Blizzforum, I guess someone re-uploaded them or something...or maybe I should actually TRY them first LOL. Just wanted to say I was able to download SOME kind of SCX/SCM files from there
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

Were they 0 byte files?

Edit: Yeah, I just tested CoZ, still broken for me.
staredcraft

Post by staredcraft »

LMAO yeah they were, should have looked at the sizes...sorry for getting hopes up
Church

Post by Church »

I just fixed a bunch of dead links. Aside from campaigns that are still missing, like most of Drake Clawfang's, every campaign on the list should be available to download right now and hopefully for a while.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That's a lot of campaigns. I knew sc1 had a reasonably productive lifespan but that exceeded my expectations. I doubt you will ever see another game like that now, much less an RTS.
Church

Post by Church »

It's pretty impressive. StarCraft may not have had the biggest following, especially not anymore, but its fans have been surprisingly productive.
adamnesico

Post by adamnesico »

And these are only the campaigns in english, there are too in french, german, spanish, and sure are many more in korean.
There are other good RTS with a huge list of campaigns. You´ve seen hevengames.com? There are many campaigns for Age of empires I & II, Empire Earth, Rise of Nations... Most of these sites are diying, but the Age of empires II community is living today is most active days, there are many mods in development.
Sorry if this post sound as spam, I just wanted to show that there are other RTS with great communitys of campaign´s makers.
But none of these campaigns has the great work of voice and music of the fanmade campaigns of Starcraft.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yeah, I've done modding with ages of wonders 2 so I am familiar with that game. At least for aow2, the game doesn't support campaigns and there are no voice actors in the community.

I also believe I was looking at age of empires 2 at once time. Apparently it has a lot of AI mods. The funny thing is, these are all very old games by now with perhaps the exception of rise of nations. Civilization 3 also has a ton of custom content as well.

And, like I said, today's games will never compete. The kind of crowd they attract just doesn't have the mindset for making custom content. Skyrim is about as close as you can get, but that community is poisonous at the best of times.

And no, not spam at all. :3
Church

Post by Church »

Does anybody have Space Hulk sitting on their hard drives or something? The only place I can find it is on archive.org, and a couple posts about it by Lavarinth found by googling.

There also seems to be a campaign there called The Earth Expedition, but the page for it is broken so I'm not able to identify whether or not it was actually finished.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Jim_Raynor wrote:Does anybody have Space Hulk sitting on their hard drives or something? The only place I can find it is on archive.org, and a couple posts about it by Lavarinth found by googling.

There also seems to be a campaign there called The Earth Expedition, but the page for it is broken so I'm not able to identify whether or not it was actually finished.
I don't have a copy of either of those. I remember seeing Space Hulk on CC (I've never played it though), but I don't remember The Earth Expedition. At first, I thought you were talking about Target Earth. I'd assume The Earth Expedition was never finished/released, considering how little I know about it.
Vox
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by Vox »

The Korhal Connection by Auspex Studios (December 1999) was never finished. It's only two missions.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Jim_Raynor wrote:Does anybody have Space Hulk sitting on their hard drives or something? The only place I can find it is on archive.org, and a couple posts about it by Lavarinth found by googling.

I attempted to locate Rudder a few times over the past years. When I played Space Hulk it was on my cousin's computer, as I didn't own StarCraft yet. Unfortunately, I've had no success.

When he departed, he requested his campaign also be taken down.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Church

Post by Church »

Vox wrote:The Korhal Connection by Auspex Studios (December 1999) was never finished. It's only two missions.
That's true. I thought it was historically significant enough to keep it, but yeah, two missions isn't much. People who find the other two Antioch campaigns on the list shouldn't have a hard time finding that if they want it, anyway.

Also, thanks for checking, Lav! I guess I won't be able to find everything.
Vox

Post by Vox »

For the record, I wouldn't call the New Avalon maps campaigns per se either since they're RPG style maps with an extra boss fight added on in the second map.

This is an awesome list by the way!
I'm actually in the process of playing through some of them now.

I tried out what was supposedly the best custom campaign for SC2 and it made my brain hurt.
But it did remind me of how awesome some of the old SC campaigns were!
Church

Post by Church »

So while I was busy being lazy as hell, looks like StratosTygo released a couple new campaigns. Civil Conflict, the latest installment in the Star Aidaris series, and the unrelated StarCraft Alternate, which uses the interesting concept of changing the race of each campaign but keeping the general story the same. Whether or not the execution is good is yet to be seen. I've added both to the list.

There appears to be less leftover .tmp files this time. That's a plus! ;)

On another note, this thread is less of a fan campaign playthroughs thread these days and more of a fan campaign listing thread. Hmm. Depending on whether or not I get around to playing through all these I might change the title. I do intend to keep this updated after finishing my playthroughs, as well. I'll consider making a secondary thread for the playthroughs, but for now I'll keep it like this till I can figure out where I'm going with it.