Does anyone have a copy of Crossworlds?

staredcraft
Terran Refinery Attendant

Does anyone have a copy of Crossworlds?

Post by staredcraft »

I was reading through the History of CC and I read about Desler's first campaign and I remembered seeing it on Starcraft.org long ago but it's long gone. ANy chance anyone has a copy of it so I can at least see it?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Does anyone have a copy of Crossworlds?

Post by Lavarinth »

staredcraft wrote:I was reading through the History of CC and I read about Desler's first campaign and I remembered seeing it on Starcraft.org long ago but it's long gone. ANy chance anyone has a copy of it so I can at least see it?
I don't believe it went far past a screenshot of the campaign screen that was arguable whether it was real or not, if I think we're talking about the same project. (His last announced StarCraft campaign.)
staredcraft

Post by staredcraft »

Lavarinth wrote:
staredcraft wrote:I was reading through the History of CC and I read about Desler's first campaign and I remembered seeing it on Starcraft.org long ago but it's long gone. ANy chance anyone has a copy of it so I can at least see it?
I don't believe it went far past a screenshot of the campaign screen that was arguable whether it was real or not, if I think we're talking about the same project. (His last announced StarCraft campaign.)
No no his very first campaign
Quirriff
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Post by Quirriff »

You mean the Startrek crossover one?

Apparently it was very bad and too easy, from what I remember when I downloaded part of it years ago it will not be missed. But to be honest I never played it.
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

The Fenix, I guess. Even desler would rather not have it available anywhere.

edit: Crossworlds, duh. Nevermind. IIRC, it never went past the first level, and des intended to remake it as his last sc campaign, which never happened.
staredcraft

Post by staredcraft »

Alevice wrote:The Fenix, I guess. Even desler would rather not have it available anywhere.

edit: Crossworlds, duh. Nevermind. IIRC, it never went past the first level, and des intended to remake it as his last sc campaign, which never happened.
Wow wow wait a second why would he rather not have that on it anymore? I for one liked that (and hey if it wasn't for that we wouldn't have had the cool crossover in VotF)
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

He is simply not proud of it. The first huge CC.com -> CC.org drama was caused by this.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

staredcraft wrote:
Alevice wrote:The Fenix, I guess. Even desler would rather not have it available anywhere.

Wow wow wait a second why would he rather not have that on it anymore? I for one liked that (and hey if it wasn't for that we wouldn't have had the cool crossover in VotF)
Desler felt that The Fenix didn't age well. As he made more campaigns, his skills improved. When he looked back at The Fenix he said: "Wow. This sucks. I can do things so much better now.". So while it was a classic, Desler was kind of embarassed by it and would rather pretend it didn't exist.
Quirriff

Post by Quirriff »

Crossworlds was made before Fenix (not the remake that never happened), but since he killed the www.campaigncreations.com domain because he didn't want the Fenix being put up, guess how he feels about that Startrek/craft crossover campaign.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Oh, hey Q.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Quirriff

Post by Quirriff »

Yeah, i'm back or i've stopped lurking, one of the two.
Bruce
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by Bruce »

So far we were unable to locate a copy of this campaign. By chance does anyone still has this campaign?