Legacy of the Confederation Q & A Session

Your destination for all things related to the Legacy of the Confederation series, including StarCraft, Brood War, and StarCraft II editions.

Moderator: The Oracle

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Legacy of the Confederation Q & A Session

Post by Lavarinth »

Greetings fellow modders and fans once again, in site-related news I would like to introduce you to a new focus on our Podcasts. As we delve into a more organized fashion to create these audio tidbits of enjoyment, we seek out things fans would also enjoy partaking in. It is because of this community involvement, that we would like you all, as fans, express your questions regarding the upcoming project Legacy of the Confederation, by The Oracle. Whether it be related to lore, graphical elements, characters, audio samples; we want to hear what your questions may be. Express a question enough, and there is a likely chance you will receive an answer in the upcoming weeks.

So consider this news post's comment section to be the official "ask your Legacy of the Confederation questions here" thread! I hope to hear from all of you, registered forumers and those looking to ask a question (feel free to register), to partake in this discussion.

(Duplicate thread to expand audience)
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
chorale
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Legacy of the Confederation Q & A Session

Post by chorale »

Hello there...

First but important question : IS Oracle still Alive ?

Second question : Is LOTC GoF still an alive project ?

Third question : Can we believe that GoF will be the end of the campaign ?
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

Hey there!

1)  Oracle is eternal (Yes, I'm alive and well)

2)  LotC GoF is actually 'LotC' now.  Both episodes from SC1 as well as the new Episode 3 are being made for SC2.  36+ maps in all with about 13 hours of voice overs.

3)  Yes.  After Episode 3 concludes, that's it.  There will be no episode 4.
You haven't lived until you've edited 5,000 recorded .mp3's of dialogue!
chorale
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by chorale »

He.. IS... ALIVEEEE !!! *evil laugh*

here is a couple other question  ;D

- even if Sc2 is still in beta, did you start actually working on the map themself ?. i know you started other aspect of the project, but map part ? and if so, is there some screenshoot to have some kind of preview ?. I have high hope with your skills to have a great great landscape :)

- are you capable of giving an estimate of the time it will take you ? 1 year ? 2 year ? 3 year ?

- If you need someone speaking english with a strong french accent for some voice acting, i'm willing to help, or at least try !, no major character, something simple, like i don't know... some random folks ?

- will you make a post with the actual status of each and every map ? kinda to show the progress ?

- are you going to use Mesk voice for some character ?

- will the super flying fortress be back ?.. forgot the exact name but you know what i mean.

- will the old cast be back ?

- Will fallen angel be a part of your remake ?

- Technically, will the LOTC still have its own executable ?

- How big will be the campaign itself, can you estimate ?
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

I love questions, and hopefully you like the answers even more!

even if Sc2 is still in beta, did you start actually working on the map themself ?. i know you started other aspect of the project, but map part ? and if so, is there some screenshoot to have some kind of preview ?. I have high hope with your skills to have a great great landscape

**I've been spending virtually all my time on voice overs right now (gathering them and doing pre-production editing on them).  I have just under 6,500 lines of dialogue now with about 18% of the campaign's dialogue still needing to be recorded.  I downloaded the beta recently and will begin to experiment with the trigger system and terrain once I get a break on the voices.  I don't plan to start working on the actual missions until the final version of the Galaxy Editor releases with the StarCraft retail product**

- are you capable of giving an estimate of the time it will take you ? 1 year ? 2 year ? 3 year ?

**I do not know enough about the Galaxy Editor to say this.  I can say however that I've shaved a good 8-12 months off production time by getting the voices over the past couple years.  I estimate 15-18 months for all 3 episodes but again, that's a S.W.A.G. (Silly Wild Ass Guess) since I know nothing of how easy (or difficult) the editor will make things**

- If you need someone speaking english with a strong french accent for some voice acting, i'm willing to help, or at least try !, no major character, something simple, like i don't know... some random folks ?

**I have 84 random folks still requiring a few lines of dialogue each.  My email is elye.sackmary@gmail.com.  Send me a message and let me know the type of character you want to do (soldier, scientist, Protoss, starship captain, etc.) and I'll send you some lines.  You need to be able to send the lines to me in:

44,000 KhZ 16-bit mono in .mp3 format.**

- will you make a post with the actual status of each and every map ? kinda to show the progress ?

**When I start working on the maps themselves, I will probably do weekly updates like that, yes.**

- are you going to use Mesk voice for some character ?

**I've been hounding Mesk to do some voices for about a month and a half.  Once he gets time away from 2042, hopefully so**

- will the super flying fortress be back ?.. forgot the exact name but you know what i mean.

**The CFS Saratoga will be a playable unit in Episode 2 and 3 of the campaign**

- will the old cast be back ?

**No.  I've lost touch with most of the old cast.  There's a ton of new actors and characters though.  Check out the Galaxy of Fire link on the left side of www.campaigncreations.org[url=http://]http://[/url] and look at the 'characters' link to listen to sound samples and read some bios**

- Will fallen angel be a part of your remake ?

**Not as a standalone campaign.  The different missions in Fallen Angel have had parts of them taken and incorporated into different missions in Episode 2 and 3 of the new campaign**

- Technically, will the LOTC still have its own executable ?

**I don't know the answer to that.  It depends on the Galaxy Editor's capabilities**

- How big will be the campaign itself, can you estimate ?

**It's 34 missions right now, with a 796 page script, 13 hours of spoken dialogue, and an estimate of 50 hours of game-time if a person plays through the entire campaign start to finish with each episode requiring about 15-20 hours each.**
1N73RC3P70R
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by 1N73RC3P70R »

3)  Yes.  After Episode 3 concludes, that's it.  There will be no episode 4.

You cant end all of this just like that.....its pointless...anyways...are you going to do any other campaigns???

and will part 3 of LOTC be like an RTS or FPS? u know...cos of the SC 2 editor where u can practycly change the game in a a whole new variant!!!
F.E.A.R. ME!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

Hi there 1N7,

Most will be RTS but there will definitely be a fair amount of 3rd person shooter mixed into the various missions.
1N73RC3P70R

Post by 1N73RC3P70R »

Hi there 1N7,

Most will be RTS but there will definitely be a fair amount of 3rd person shooter mixed into the various missions.

thx for the fast responce....i would realy like to test ur campaign and i hope u continue it!!!! btw im having little truble with FALLEN ANGEL  first mission where u have to evacuate civilians..i just cant pass it and i was hoping u can give me an advice....btw there is a bug! sometimes when i get a scientist it says i lost too many civs (10 is the limit) even thought i didnt....thx in advance

almost forgot to ask u if ur thinking of adding any new units...i personaly saw a few maps with gigantic unist combined with other units...like a gigantic larva attacking like a roach and a roach with ghost legs on its back

and also will u make a co-op mode for the campaign? i would realy like to test it with friends..
Last edited by 1N73RC3P70R on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

1N7,

thx for the fast responce....i would realy like to test ur campaign and i hope u continue it!!!!

**Depending on how testing of the maps goes now; I may open up the circle to more testers (e.g. the testers themselves have things come up that prevents them from having time).  Right now I have 4 people on the CC staff doing the testing.  I appreciate the offer.**

btw im having little truble with FALLEN ANGEL  first mission where u have to evacuate civilians..i just cant pass it and i was hoping u can give me an advice....btw there is a bug! sometimes when i get a scientist it says i lost too many civs (10 is the limit) even thought i didnt....thx in advance

**The first Fallen Angel map is bugged since I exceeded the trigger string limit when I made it.  I can't open it back up to edit now sadly.  My best advice is to move all the civilians to the main teleporter area first and then teleport them to the island with the transports**

almost forgot to ask u if ur thinking of adding any new units...i personaly saw a few maps with gigantic unist combined with other units...like a gigantic larva attacking like a roach and a roach with ghost legs on its back

**There will be new units made with the trigger editor and new units with new graphics and portraits.**

and also will u make a co-op mode for the campaign? i would realy like to test it with friends..

**There won't be a co-op mode.**
1N73RC3P70R

Post by 1N73RC3P70R »

There won't be a co-op mode

sad face :'(..oh well looks like im gonna have to play it alone. anyways great campaign!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

I got some questions.

If a movie came out, who would be in the lead roles?
http://krazygaming.freeforums.org/
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

Without a doubt, Drake would be Ewan McGregor, Marshall would be Cameron Diaz, and Tripp would be Vin Diesel.
1N73RC3P70R

Post by 1N73RC3P70R »

lol

how do u get soo many and famous voice  actors?
Last edited by 1N73RC3P70R on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

No no, I don't have them 'now' :P  His question was 'if' LotC was made into a movie, who would star in it.
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

Can you ask Vin Diesel if he'll voice a few roles in my campaign plz?  kthx
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield