The Useless Games Thread

Moderator: Milldawg

Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

The Useless Games Thread

Post by Legion »

Right.

As a sort of answer to the "Important Games Thread", I present to you the Useless Games Thread. This is where you can, you guessed it, show us list of what you think are the most useless, crappiest, ugliest, stupidest and otherwise detestable games you've ever played.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: The Useless Games Thread

Post by IskatuMesk »

Warcraft 3.

The only redeeming feature of this game was Map Tong Hop. But if you even tried to take that map remotely seriously you were overcome by horribly broken the item system is and how outrageously imbalanced it is (even for a map that obviously doesn't take balancing seriously).
Death_Wing
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by Death_Wing »

Farmville, Mafia Wars and every other F*cked up game on facebook besides pac man.
What?
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Warbreeds.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Warcraft 3's definitely in my top 5. Ugh, what a fucking game.

I also despise anything that bears the name Command & Conquer. It's uninspired, boring and shitty.

Come to think of it, I think I also hate entire genres. Like sports games. Or racing games. They freak me out to no end.
K_A
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by K_A »

Death_Wing wrote: Farmville, Mafia Wars and every other F*cked up game on facebook besides pac man.
AMEN BROTHA!
Hmmmmm whats this blue box doing here.....
Whoahh I can type in it!
I think i'll leave a message in it...........
*Writes something down*
                                              ......Hi
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

To be honest, I don't remember the game's name however I remember what issues it had. It was even rated 3/10 score-wise.

The game (although as a demo I downloaded) was so crappy that the controls were very hard to use in general. The worst game I saw where you actually put 20-30 bloody minutes to actually TRY to go up some circle stairs.  Heck, most games with bad controls takes you 1-2 minutes in similar worst case scenarios.

While I did played other games, usually they weren't that bad. I think the only other game I might mention as being very bad was Ultima 9. Mostly due to taking forever to go somewhere, very glitched at launch plus boring and unrewarding combat.
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

I would put Big Rigs, but on the contrary that's actually probably the most important game to ever exist.
GreatGodSajuuk
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by GreatGodSajuuk »

Meh, trucking games while quite dull,m can be great when you have nothing else to do than sit on vent talking to people, then it provides some background activity while you chat.

Now SIMS on the other hand...
[imgwh 621x144]http://i.imagehost.org/0709/TuningFail.png[/imgwh]
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Legion wrote: Warcraft 3's definitely in my top 5. Ugh, what a fucking game.

I also despise anything that bears the name Command & Conquer. It's uninspired, boring and shitty.

Come to think of it, I think I also hate entire genres. Like sports games. Or racing games. They freak me out to no end.
I've never understood sports games.  Why wouldn't you rather, I dunno, actually play the sport instead?  It boggles my mind.

I don't mind racing games though.  I haven't played any since Need for Speed 3 though.  My brother and I used to play split-screen on one computer, each of us using half the keyboard.  It was fun, although for the most part we pretty much did anything but actually race cars, especially in the ones where you could leave the track and go off road.
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

The legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.

The difficulty of the game itself was almost enough to likely piss you off. Luckily, I managed to endure enough to actually beat it.
This is definitely one game that I'd highly discourage even for fellow spyro fans. Believe me, they've royally fucked him up with the reboot and all.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Meta »

World of Warcraft and all MMOS are pretty bad.  :P
Frozty
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Frozty »

75% of every game ever made for the Wii.
[imgwh 500x100]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/FrozenTomato/Frozty21.jpg[/imgwh]
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

GreatGodSajuuk wrote: Meh, trucking games while quite dull,m can be great when you have nothing else to do than sit on vent talking to people, then it provides some background activity while you chat.

Now SIMS on the other hand...
Did you just call Big Rigs a trucking game? It single-handedly revolutionized racing games in more ways than racing games existed themselves.

And it cost like 5 cents. Not even Blizzard products had such value.

Thalraxal wrote:I've never understood sports games.  Why wouldn't you rather, I dunno, actually play the sport instead?  It boggles my mind.
For the strategic value in certain games. While it's fun to say, be a quarter back playing foot ball with friends, it's also fun to virtually simulate strategies that you know you can never coordinate with just an afternoon game at the park. Also, rosters and seasons, etc etc, are very much part of the sports games than just the game itself. In essence, it's not playing foot ball, but rather foot ball is just a premise just like say, Starcraft or Star Wars uses Sci-Fi as a premise. It's not the game itself, rather the foundation/genre.

That said, rarely does any sports game entertain me, though there are exceptions once every few generations, but almost NEVER from the same sport. Might also be because I have to go to other people's houses to even try touching them so whatever.
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Every sports game I've played.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.