Deception of the Khalai

Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Deception of the Khalai

Post by Pr0nogo »

Released (partially) to the public since it was trashed in '07, Pr0nogo and [Ess_Tee_Eff_You] Productions proudly present the next campaign I will be completing and publishing: Deception of the Khalai.

This time around, I've taken pointers from previous excursions into campaign/map-making, and have decided to not only push the boundaries of mapping, but to push the boundaries of modding, as well (or at least try to :P)!

Screeny time!

From the first playable level:

[imgwh 640x480]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/ ... tcrail.jpg[/imgwh]
Retcrail, Hunter-Killer Hydralisk-strain Zerg hero, plans to attack the Terrans preventing his escape.

[imgwh 640x480]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/ ... dianIV.jpg[/imgwh]
The massive Battlecruiser Guardian IV, protecting the Terrans' Dampening Generator, is the only thing that stands between the Protoss and their escape.

From the second playable level:

[imgwh 640x480]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/ ... iragin.jpg[/imgwh]
Liiragin, Hunter-Killer Lurker-strain Zerg hero, is sent down with a small team of Protoss in search of data lost years ago on the once-glorious Auir.

[imgwh 640x480]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/ ... Temple.jpg[/imgwh]
The Protoss Temple, one of the last standing near-complete archives on Auir, holds wealths of information. Liiragin must get to it at all costs.

[imgwh 640x480]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/ ... deLook.jpg[/imgwh]
A little inside look at what the modified units' stats look like. Note the air attack (I didn't "forget" my iscripts THIS time!).

And finally, from the third playable level, which has yet to be released...

[imgwh 640x460]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/ ... luum-1.jpg[/imgwh]
Stroluum, an underbrate (a creature with 75% the psionic capacity of a Cerebrate) Defiler-strain Zerg anti-hero, emerges from the bowels of Shakuras as one of the few surviving Zergs on the Dark Templar homeworld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Table of Contents:

(1)Introduction.scx - Movie map, detailing the escape of the three Zerg heroes Dalvengar, Retcrail and Liiragin.

(2)Level 1.scx - Playable level, detailing the destruction of the Guardian IV, the Dampening Generator, and the escape of the Protoss and Zerg.

(3)Level 2.scx - Playable level, detailing the return to Auir and Liiragin's hunt for data long lost.

(4)Interlude 1.scx - Movie map, detailing the dark return of a mysterious and powerful Protoss.

Deception of the Khalai SEMPQ - Campaign mod, required to actually experience the levels. Running basic StarCraft will give you silly things like a Ragnasaur instead of Liiragin in (3)Level 2.scx and much more difficult missions accross the board, as well as poor-quality videos.

Note that the terrain is not final (nor is it my strong point), but any questions, comments or feedback is not only welcomed, but greatly appreciated, as I value all of your opinions here at our wonderful boards.

As a final thought, I'd like to know if Campaign Creations would sponsor my campaign (like Ascension of Duran, Wanderers of Sorceria, Vision of the Future etc.). This just means I'd like it under the featured downloads. I don't need anything spiffy. In fact, I don't need what I'm asking for. It's just a plus, yaknow? Consider it, and let me know what's up!

Thanks, and happy campaigning! :)
Last edited by Pr0nogo on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pr0nogo

Second update

Post by Pr0nogo »

Critical update!

-Fixed a crash with the Scout's Anti-Matter Missiles
-Fixed a bug where Liiragin could not be group-selected
-Fixed several trigger errors within the second playable mission
-Fixed a trigger error within the introduction
-Modded new units for placing in the editor
-Enhanced the second mission
Last edited by Pr0nogo on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Deception of the Khalai

Post by Maglok »

A Zerg that says 'Gah!'? :P
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Maglok wrote: A Zerg that says 'Gah!'? :P
A Zerg that speaks?! :P ;)
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

BadManners! wrote:
Maglok wrote:A Zerg that says 'Gah!'? :P
They have a personality, what can I say? Also, Dalvengar is a Terran/Zerg hybrid and the other two are superior-strain Zergs that can think for themselves.
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

BadManners! wrote:
It's not uncommon to see speaking Zerg (aside, obviously, from infested terrans and psionic entities like the cerebrates or the overmind). They're becoming very popular in many campaigns *cough* grakaa *cough* :)

Hell, even in Oracle's campaign for the SC contest you can found speaking zerg.
Pronogo wrote:
BadManners! wrote:
They have a personality, what can I say? Also, Dalvengar is a Terran/Zerg hybrid and the other two are superior-strain Zergs that can think for themselves.
Hmmm... Speaking zerg is one thing. Zerg with personality is quite another. ;)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

omega20 wrote:
BadManners! wrote:
It's not uncommon to see speaking Zerg (aside, obviously, from infested terrans and psionic entities like the cerebrates or the overmind). They're becoming very popular in many campaigns *cough* grakaa *cough* :)

Hell, even in Oracle's campaign for the SC contest you can found speaking zerg.
Pronogo wrote:
BadManners! wrote:
Hmmm... Speaking zerg is one thing. Zerg with personality is quite another. ;)
I know.  Zerg have speech.  I had one in DS.  Strange, though.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

The sprite in the bottom prison is shown as an "unused" and as such the map breaks as soon as they go to the next room (probably because one of the units isn't there). 
Transition error. When I made Liiragin a converted Raszagal instead of a converted Merc Gunship I must have not replaced the unit itself.

The text has only bothered you and one other person... curious, even after I made it longer.
Red terran never mines gas and thus never attacks after the first ghost drop
Uhh... Why does Campaign Insane not work anymore? The locations are over the gasses.
Not a bug, but why is artanis a F-zealot?
Later on he'll be playable and/or killable (not sure which yet).
The disruptor can be killed with a single dark templar while the hero BC sits beneath it.
Damn, I was sure I placed Turrets near there. I'll make him a detector (he's like the only one I didn't make a detector, lol).
You can't build interceptors for the carrier = useless unit
He starts out with 4 interceptors. If I somehow unwittingly disabled production then I feel like an unwitting idiot.
2 Unit unplaceables at start of map.
Still can't find where those ones are... I'll look into it.
-Not technically a bug, but the mission is a total cakewalk
Fucking AIs really do fail, even when I trigger attacks AND give them nigh-infinite resources AND buff their scripts...
-The 'lurker' hero has disruptor web enabled even though he has no energy.
Yeah, I don't want to use FireGraft for fear that I may force people to downgrade. That'll be a hassle. I'll probably end up replacing the Dark Templar Hero unit (not Zeratul).

Thanks for the feedback! Expect an update within 1 hour 30 mins.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

And just because I do it for pretty much every campaign lately:

"The winning attack" (you'd think this would fail, but the one DT included gave the win, lol).

Khalai
http://krazygaming.freeforums.org/
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Sorry for the late response. I've fixed the intro and the second level, however the mod is unattainable atm because I'm keeping people waiting. I PROMISE it will be completed tomorrow morning.

Baibai!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

-=BadManners!=- wrote:
Gah!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Took you long enough.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

What has it come to, that the uber-moderator himself is posting irrelevance in a user's threads?

>.> Norly guys try to lay off the "Gah!" bit. It's a fucking word, get over it.

Anyways, with regards to an update, my lack of access to a Windows computer has been agonizingly delaying. I've also been forced to use X-Tra Edit for the existing maps due to SCMDraft's refusal to open them, but I'm still using SCMDraft for the new maps. The mod and a minor map update to the second mission is all that needs to be finished, which SHOULD be done either today or tomorrow depending on how long I get to use the Windows computer.

Wish meh luck!
WedgeAntilles

Post by WedgeAntilles »

How did you get Liiragan to have his modded stats as the default settings in the 5th screenshot?
omega20

Post by omega20 »

WedgeAntilles wrote: How did you get Liiragan to have his modded stats as the default settings in the 5th screenshot?
Through modding, using DatEdit (or Arsenal III) and WinMPQ ;) One of the easier things to make. :)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]