New Campaign, Mar Sara

Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

New Campaign, Mar Sara

Post by Church »

I'm making a new campaign called Mar Sara. It's about the Mar Sara Colonists and their new marshal, James Raynor, who was just sent in. *begins to sound all Protossy* I cannot do this alone. *speaks normally* Because of this, I am requesting help.

People I Need:

1 person to help with storyline (ONLY one)
Approximately 5 people to help with map making(Maybe more)

I am not a noob, but I am also not an expert. I have been on Campaign Creations for a long time, but just never made a log in. I will give any helpers exclusive info and maybe more!

Anybody listening? Doh that was only a short time till I edited.. oh well. I also need:

Any amount of people to help with music ideas and stuff

............ help ................................
Last edited by Church on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Church

Re: New Campaign, Mar Sara

Post by Church »

Oh yeah... this may sound king of strange, but I need to know Tom Kazansky's rank.  :)
Church

Post by Church »

Hi all, this is YamiShadow! ;D

I hope you don't insult me for being a SEGA fan but... I really want you all to know that I am still inspired by StarCraft and WarCraft. I hope to see more good work from all of CC! see ya, I'm going to play MechQuest!  ;)
(or anyother game I want to play)
Gemini
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Gemini »

Hey, I came to this thread because you PM'd me asking for help.

In general, if you want to make a campaign, you should really do it yourself. You're not likely to find six people to sign on to help out a campaign with no guarantees that it will go anywhere... and besides. If you have someone to help you write the story, and five people to help you make the maps... How much work on the campaign did you do yourself?

Another hint: using Blizzard characters for your campaign is usually not a good idea.
Church

Post by Church »

Yeah... I thought that using Blizz characters was a bad idea. That's why Jim Raynor isn't the main character. I have tons of characters nonexistent, Raynor and Duke are the only two Blizz characters, and Duke only plays a minor role. I just forgot to put that on the first post... but hey, if I can't get six people to help... how did YOU get people to help make Life of a Marine? Oh... and my brother, Yami Shadow, he adamantly wont help. I am doing ALL the things I said up there, those people are just to help. (I only want one person to help with storyline because more than two will just bring up too many arguments...)

Also, I don't NEED all those people... just thought if I did get them it would make things easier.
Last edited by Church on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Jim_Raynor wrote: *begins to sound all Protossy* I cannot do this alone. *speaks normally* Because of this, I am requesting help.

............ help ................................
Oh no, not again. Seriously.

And besides, Life of a Marine was a one-man project. All the help he might have gotten was only after he was able to show what he had. That goes for all projects worked on by a crew.

It's very cool that you're starting a campaign and I encourage to start working and see it where it gets you.
Church

Post by Church »

Yes, but I have a strange problem. My Star Edit is... well... broken. REALY! I can go to the New setting, yes, and set my settings, make a cool map with the white Confederates and the red Sons of Korhal, but then I start the map. ALL THE COLORS ARE MESSED UP! The white might be blue... the red could be yellow, and worst of all, I can't display text! I have discovered, however, a way to get around this. It doesn't fix it, but me and Yami Shadow have discovered a way to "Clear" maps. We open an existing Use Map Settings map, delete the units, delete the doodads, and basically set the whole map to one terrain(very painful  :P) and restore everything to their defaults. THIS IS VERY TIME CONSUMING, but afterwards, we can use the map and it will work right. That is one reason I need help... I would like somebody to send me... um... lets see:
All every terrain map sizes.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.
Church

Post by Church »

Hi all, this is YamiShadow! ;D
I'm just here to say if your wondering why I'm not helping my brother, It's because I never play any campaigns I make. ;)
Oh and his map editor problem, that's no joke. The only way we figured out how to make a map is to clear a map(not just any map, a use map settings one, and not all work, but my brother says that most CC maps cleared will work, but I really don't think you want your maps cleared). ::) Also, I am planning to remove JR's pic, and replace it with that awsome InuYasha pic I saw on the site yesterday, when JR made the login, and I was told I had to share it instead of make my own! :-X
Church

Post by Church »

I HATE MY BROTHER! YAMISHADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Jim_Raynor wrote: Yes, but I have a strange problem. My Star Edit is... well... broken. REALY! I can go to the New setting, yes, and set my settings, make a cool map with the white Confederates and the red Sons of Korhal, but then I start the map. ALL THE COLORS ARE MESSED UP! The white might be blue... the red could be yellow, and worst of all, I can't display text! I have discovered, however, a way to get around this. It doesn't fix it, but me and Yami Shadow have discovered a way to "Clear" maps. We open an existing Use Map Settings map, delete the units, delete the doodads, and basically set the whole map to one terrain(very painful  :P) and restore everything to their defaults. THIS IS VERY TIME CONSUMING, but afterwards, we can use the map and it will work right. That is one reason I need help... I would like somebody to send me... um... lets see:
All every terrain map sizes.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.
- Do not Randomize locations for forces. This will set people to fixed colors.
- In your StarCraft options, enable Subtitles under Sound.

Also, if you cannot make one decent map by yourself, there's no use in mapping, trust me. You need to do this solo if you want something to be done right.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Lav is absolutely right, you need to do it yourself. If you don't know how to do something thats what CC is here for. Look at all the campaigns on CC. Do you see any that have multiple main authors? The only 2 big multi staffed projects I can think of are The Gallantry and I think it was called Sons of War. Those were never completed. Look at all the other campaigns completed by just 1 person, with maybe a tiny bit of help or using other people's resources.

Bottom line: DO IT YOURSELF OR IT WILL NEVER BE DONE. Thats just the way it works.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Church

Post by Church »

Hi all, this is YamiShadow.  ;D

I agree with Lavarinth and Wiplash!, but my little brother, JR, just doesn't listen! :o
And I'll try what you said with the editor Lavarinth, it sounds like it will work, that is, for the team colours...  :-\ for some reason, even if I have subtitles on, the text does not display! :( If you have any other ideas please let me know! Oh, yeah and if you have used the WC3 editor enough, can you please tell me how to set it so that I have a custom campaign screen, where I select the levels... I'm trying at making an InuYasha campaign one day, so I was hoping to be able to use something different from what was already there for campaign screens. If you can help, great  :), if not I'll just use one of the ones in the game, thanks!
SaintKerrigan
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'll chime in and agree that you should do the maps on your own. Trying to get other people to make them is actually more time consuming than it looks, and then you have to deal with reconciling different styles of mapmaking (it's very painful, trust me). You can always ask for tips, of course, but the actual work should be done by you.

Also, you might want to download the StarCraft X-tra Editor. It's much better than the regular Staredit, and it's free.
Tremble before my wrath!
Church

Post by Church »

THANKYOU for telling my brother what I have been telling him for the past... year and a bit! :D
and do you have ANY advice for the WC3 thing?
Church

Post by Church »

I am beginning to think that you are all ignoring me, and only talking to JR, that makes me feel annoyed! >:(

I know that SOMEONE has to be logged on right now!!!!!!

... I knew something like this would happen just because I am a SEGA fan ...

Oh yeah, and Bad Manners!, you quoted JR perfectly!:
*begins to sound all protossy*I cannot do this alone *speaking normally again* so that is why I am requesting help.
darn, why didn't that quote work?

never mind, I fixed the problem.
Last edited by Church on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.