Land of Despair, a NEW WarCraft 3 Campaign!

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Land of Despair, a NEW WarCraft 3 Campaign!

Post by Lavarinth »

The best way to make a campaign.. Is to finish it. Even it sucks. Even if working on it feels worse than having your hand rand over by a semi-truck, then cut open with a hacksaw, and then dipped in blood-irritating acid. It only proves you have dedication and teaches how to complete something.

Not completing it will lead you to NEVER finish something. Mark. My. Words.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Marine »

omega20 wrote: Marine, take your time in doing campaigns. You don't have to make a campaign if you aren't sure you're going to finish it. ;)
.... I know what i am doing, this campaign I am making and finishing, i dont rush my self. I wouldnt make a trailer if I wouldnt finish it. Comes from a kid who rushed his SC campaign to release it today.
Lavarinth wrote: The best way to make a campaign.. Is to finish it. Even it sucks. Even if working on it feels worse than having your hand rand over by a semi-truck, then cut open with a hacksaw, and then dipped in blood-irritating acid. It only proves you have dedication and teaches how to complete something.

Not completing it will lead you to NEVER finish something. Mark. My. Words.
I know, I've finished Legacy of a Warrior and during the end I didnt feel like doing a project but I finished, I also made a mediocre campaign called Revengers its on Blizzplanet, I got tired of it but wanted to finish it.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
Marine

Post by Marine »

I'm posting a little update.
I've completed so far three maps in my campaign and working on the fourth. I may release a few more maps to test. But its going good.
Marine

Land of Despair BETA

Post by Marine »

I know I havent had an update and I hope people didnt start to think I abandoned another campaign like the other old WC3 and SC campaigns I made. But I have been working hard like due to Lavarinth's words to continue making it even if sometimes you don't feel like doing it but I did. I have finished all the missions, and tested them but I feel they are not finished just yet, but I wan't your guys opinion now.

Here is a BETA of Land of Despair.

http://www.4shared.com/file/56644006/3f ... spair.html
http://files.filefront.com/Land+of+Desp ... einfo.html
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inuyasha7
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Inuyasha7 »

Downloading now i'll test it:D
Inuyasha7

Post by Inuyasha7 »

Level 1 Doesnt Load. I click the button and it goes black and the campaign level select screen just pops back up. The first Interlude Works but it wont chain too start the next level. BTW nice cinematic. Very Well done. In level two the screen pings where the base is. Unless you want the player too know instead of having too search you need to fix that. You cant skip cinematics. Need to fix that. Okay another major problem when you get too the stormpike/frostwolf base its already trashed. Only thing left was a workshop. You need to have a trigger that starts there AI when you reach the base. Heros dont revive for cinematics so theres just nothingness talking. You dont have to complete the Quest REQ build a town hall too win the level. But i had no peasants anyway. Chapter 2 does not link level 3 together. Your computer players harvest 10 gold instead of 1. This Causes them too run out of gold. You need to give the player food in order to hire mercenarys in Chapter 3. The altar can be made Vulnearble without the essence.
You do have a few minor spelling errors nothing too problematic. Level 3 doesnt link Level 4.(God this is a wall of text!) Ok this isnt  a bug but its a little problematic. You gave the player close too 200 food in units and left the cap at 100. Also started people with 25 peasants lol.(Chapter 4 BTW). This Camapagn Needs more Creeps. Kinda makes it a bit dry. No searching for hidden creeps with cool items. Ok chapter 4 doenst link 5. Your cache System does work. You give people way too many men for some of these levels. Makes it way too easy. In perticular Chapter 5. Ok i just figured out your story line. Its based off Mileen Getting Possessed by Sargeras. From one of the books you can read in WOW right? Oh and 5 and 6 Doesnt link either. Last boss was ok. Just finished it.
Last edited by Inuyasha7 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

You saw how you just edited your post, there? Edit posts instead of replying after the last reply was by you within the last few days.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Inuyasha7

Post by Inuyasha7 »

Srry about that.