Contest Ends: July 31st, 2012

Moderator: Milldawg

Evilhog
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

[SC: BW] More Than Fire

Post by Evilhog »

Name: Evilhog

Direction: This campaign consisting of 8 missions tells the story of an elite Terran Dominion recon squad, due to the circumstances forced to do the dirtiest job: suppression of miners' revolt on a God-forsaken planet at the edge of the galaxy, blackmail and kidnapping of a crime syndicate boss and finally, the worst of all - collaboration with alien aggressors. The campaign features a twisted plot, complex triggers and high quality map design. Players will meet new heroes and visit new places. Missions vary from simple "establish a base and eliminate your enemy" to taking over a whole... you'll know what when you play "More than Fire".

Update: I doubt if I can involve any voice actors in my project, and, frankly, I do not rely on "professional voiceovers" at all. The main reason for this is that there are too many characters and they are mostly terran (it is easier to produce a voice for some screaming, roaring or hissing zerg creature than voice a normal human character).
The second reason why there won't be voice acting in my campaign is that I'm putting more emphasis on the story, than any other aspect of the campaign.

But that doesn't mean there will be only "cool story" and nothing else. I'm pretty good at drawing, so expect at least one brand new title screen... :lol:

Last edited by Evilhog on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Campaign Creations
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [SC: BW] More Than Fire

Post by Campaign Creations »

Approved, and thanks for your submission.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Blackmail, eh? Sounds like fun, Evil Hog! Looking forward to seeing more.
Evilhog

Post by Evilhog »

Thalraxal wrote:Blackmail, eh? Sounds like fun, Evil Hog! Looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks for your reply, Thalraxal. Currently I'm working on triggers for the second map of my campaign. Screen shots to be posted soon.
Evilhog

Post by Evilhog »

Updated the first post with 2 screenshots.
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

interface looks cool :D
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Reminds me of what I used for Rivalry's Terran button set. I think it's the same file, actually.

Looks good so far, we'll see what you come up with. :)
Evilhog

Post by Evilhog »

Taeradun wrote:interface looks cool :D
Thanks! :)
Pr0nogo wrote:Reminds me of what I used for Rivalry's Terran button set. I think it's the same file, actually.
Really? Honestly, I've never heard of it. In fact, I just swapped the colours of the original colour set, and I believe you did the same thing for that project of yours. Am I right? ;)
Pr0nogo wrote:Looks good so far, we'll see what you come up with. :)
Thank you, I'll do my best!
Evilhog

Post by Evilhog »

Not an update yet. Just a err... bump.
I just realized that some of the maps of the upcoming campaign need a complete overhaul and currently I'm making a new map01 from scratch. Though there's still much work to do, I hope that I'll finish the damn thing in time. Or just... finish it.
The good news is that I managed to draw some new custom intermission screens and that sort of stuff, and I'm willing to put it into my campaign once it's done. Wish me good luck! :)
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Will these Spectres seen in the second screenshot have any beefed up stats or perhaps a new voice set? I know you weren't going to have a voiced campaign, but I can probably do a set of unit lines for any new units you plan on including. If you're interested, drop me a PM.

I know how it is with re-mapping. I actually went through four different campaign ideas before settling on entering this contest with Resilience Rising. Maybe I'll work on the others afterwards, hah.
Evilhog

Post by Evilhog »

Pr0nogo wrote:Will these Spectres seen in the second screenshot have any beefed up stats or perhaps a new voice set?

That screenshot is pretty much outdated now. I decided not to include Spectres in the campaign since their appearance in the story would not be justified.
Pr0nogo wrote:I know you weren't going to have a voiced campaign, but I can probably do a set of unit lines for any new units you plan on including. If you're interested, drop me a PM.
Yeah, I'll definitely need a few special units voiced. Thanks, maybe I'll use your help when I get to this stage.
Pr0nogo wrote:I know how it is with re-mapping. I actually went through four different campaign ideas before settling on entering this contest with Resilience Rising. Maybe I'll work on the others afterwards, hah.
In my case, it's just the matter of terraining. I'm not satisfied with the current look of some of the maps, especially the ones which use space platform tileset.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Feel free to PM me when the time comes.

As for terraining, what's your usual doodad count for map sizes? Mine tends to be really really high, like 700-900 for 128x128 maps. Space tilesets are somewhat limited on doodad aesthetics (as in, the space tileset doodads don't really look that great, which makes it difficult for me to make appealing space tileset maps).

Also, I don't know how familiar you are with extended terrain, but here's a campaign map I never finished that uses the space tileset. Maybe you can make some use of the concepts within.
Evilhog

Post by Evilhog »

Oh, wow... It's been a long time since my last visit here. I've been busy with my graduation paper, that's why there were no updates on my campaign. Nothing to show you, guys. Sorry for that.
Not giving up, though. I still have some plans about this campaign. First of all, that custom UI I made is not going to make it in the final version. I decided to keep it for another campaign or mod. Time is running out and I have to put all the neat-looking brand new graphics stuff aside and concentrate on more important things - mapping and scripting.
Some old maps need to be remade AGAIN (mission #1 will be replaced with an entirely new level), some new missions to be created. And I've forgotten a lot of things about ScmDraft. -__-
Let's hope I'll make it for the 31st of July. Now it's not that much about winning the competition (darn, Pr0nogo will take all of our precious prizes, hurry up guyz11!! :lol: ), but just finishing the project. I love StarCraft 1 and I enjoy playing single player campaigns (official and custom-made alike), and I want to make one myself.

gl, hf, till the next update, bye
- Hog