[SCII] Mind's Hazards

Contest Begins: November 21st, 2011
Contest Entry Cut Off Date: December 31st, 2011
Contest Monthly Updates Start: January 1st, 2012
Contest Ends: July 31st, 2012

Moderator: Milldawg

The_Blade
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

[SCII] Mind's Hazards

Post by The_Blade »

Name: The_Blade

Direction: I will produce a RPG campaign, which will consist of 5 maps. It will have a dark atmosphere and horror elements. The story will take place inside an UED military base located in Char during the UED's downfall. Moreover, the "Raynor's Raiders" find, during the invasion of Char in StarCraft II, an UED safe box among the ruins of an old installation which was destroyed during the Brood War. These soldiers take the safe box back to the Hyperion hoping they might get some credits out of it; but when Raynor opens the safe, they find an old data disk with information about the facility and a will written on paper. The will belongs to an anonymous UED member, but it narrates the last moments of the facility before it was wiped out by the Zerg. The data disk contains limited information about the facility because it was damaged during the invasion. Among the few data records, Raynor finds a detailed staff database with only 10 readable entries. The campaign starts here, when Raynor starts to imagine what happened to these 10 UED members during the Zerg massive attack.

Happy Holidays and thank you for hosting this contest. :]
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: [SCII] Mind's Hazards

Post by Taeradun »

The_Blade wrote:horror elements
AWESOME
Campaign Creations
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Campaign Creations »

Approved, and thanks for your submission.
The_Blade

Post by The_Blade »

"Welcome to Hell"

I've been working for two months on this project, but I still don't feel I have "enough" content to show. By this I mean the following: in order to show you a fragment of my project, I need to feel both, satisfied and safe from spoilers. The content I have created so far is unstable, and it will change as I make important decisions along the way. For example, currently the game is only playable on "ultra" settings; because most of the gameplay is focused on solving puzzles in pitch black environments.

The picture you see above was created for this update using the current illumination settings. The user interacts with this dark world through a third person camera positioned above the hero, even though this picture was taken from the conventional third person point of view.

The following update will include more content as I will hopefully finish most of the core game mechanics.
The_Blade

Post by The_Blade »

I feel like I'm going crazy ^^

I hear every single thing in the maps crack and move while in the editor. :] Despite this, I'm loving how everything is turning out. I hope I can give you a real update soon.
The_Blade

Post by The_Blade »

I will not finish my campaign by the deathline. I've been holding myself from doing this post because some part of me really wanted to finish the last 30% in a week :P. That means I'm out.

I would like to thank you guys for this amazing contest. I really believe the prizes were perfect and would have loved to see any in my hands. The hosting of the contest was quite professional and I do hope we might see complete entries by the deathline.

You guys helped me enough motivation to start the campaign. I do hope I won't let you down when I finish, by september-november.