Contest Monthly Updates Start: January 1st, 2012
Contest Ends: July 31st, 2012

Moderator: Milldawg

TassadarZeratul
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

[SCBW] Iconoclast

Post by TassadarZeratul »

(First, a disclaimer: I use the name Biophysicist now.)

Name: Biophysicist
Direction: A petty dictator has to deal with a revolution. The player commands rebel forces against said dictator and his twofold forces, the Glorious Fist and the Internal Bureau. It begins with a small skirmish to liberate a town, and ends with... Something that I'm not going to reveal yet, because that would be a spoiler. What I will say is that missions will range from minor skirmishes like the ones near the beginning, to infiltration missions and assassinations, to large-scale battles.

(The story won't be very complicated; the mechanics will be rather hard to implement, with each unit having at least one unique mechanic that doesn't exist in normal SCBW, and I don't want to be overly ambitious and run out of time.)
Campaign Creations
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [SCBW] Iconoclast

Post by Campaign Creations »

Approved, and thanks for your submission.
HelpMe
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by HelpMe »

TassadarZeratul wrote: (The story won't be very complicated; the mechanics will be rather hard to implement, with each unit having at least one unique mechanic that doesn't exist in normal SCBW, and I don't want to be overly ambitious and run out of time.)
Beware of the feature creep! :gah:

I'm guessing this will take some heavy modding to accomplish; out of curiosity, do you have any prior experience? Also, never seen you around these parts, welcome to our legendary community.
TassadarZeratul

Post by TassadarZeratul »

I do, in fact, have prior experience. Before a virus ate my computer and I had to switch to Linux, I was even decent at plugins, though I still can't get GPTP working on it. (Interestingly enough, everything else does work with WINE, up to and including Firegraft, and grafted mods run fine under WINE, too.)

Anyway, I know of feature creep, which is why I'm being careful to include only mechanics I absolutely love. ...I'm not adding any additional stuff without a /very/ good reason. (Well, I suppose I'll end up adding some hero-related stuff for the campaign.)

Incidentally, it won't actually take that much mod work. Most of it is pretty simple in terms of actual mod work required. The design work was a lot more challenging, though, as was figuring out how to actually put some of the stuff in SC. ;b iscript.bin will /hate/ me by the end of this.