Contest Ends: July 31st, 2012

Moderator: Milldawg

Linaze
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

[War3] Tales of the Coalition

Post by Linaze »

Name: Linaze

Direction: I'm going to make a Warcraft III campaign called Tales of the Colation. The campaign will be set in my own fantasy world of Vaermon, a world inhabited by Humans, Elves and Dwarves.

The story will follow the young knight-lieutenant Duncan who begins his journey by investigating a mysterious loss of contact with a few outskirt villages. Amidst the investigation, Duncan uncovers a massive conspiracy and is forced to make decisions that could lead to the Human Federation's utter destruction.
Last edited by Linaze on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Campaign Creations
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [War3] Last Angel Saga

Post by Campaign Creations »

Approved, and thanks for your submission.
Linaze

Post by Linaze »

No, thank you for hosting this.
Let's see if I got this right, I have to post my first update prior to the 31st of January?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Correct, one a month minimally.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Linaze

Post by Linaze »

I figured it's time to reveal what I've been up to "behind the curtains". Witness a few screenshots of the first playable map, "Investigating Villages".
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Please let me know what y'all think.

P.S. I also changed the project's title from Last Angel Saga to Tales of the Coalition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HelpMe
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Re: [War3] Tales of the Coalition

Post by HelpMe »

I'm no expert on WC3 material, but those screenies are quite pleasant to look at. I'm guessing "cavalier" is the elven variation of a knight? He seems to have many different powers at his disposal, I hope you don't go overboard with that, heh. Also, I noticed that his speech pattern looks like of a balance between archaic and commoner, kind of a mesh but still natural. I approve. ;D

Let me ask, will this have its own lore? As in, will you come up with an elaborate background to the story or will you stick to more known places, events, timeline etc?

You must feel a bit left out since you're the only one working on a WC3 submission. I do hope you deliver, though. I haven't played custom WC3 content in like forever.
Linaze

Post by Linaze »

You're most likely right about the speech patern, much of the dialogue is temporary (the words, not the meanings), so it's going to get a face-lift soon enough.

As for Cavalier, I just picked that because I find Knight awfully generic, the character is actually a Human (albeit with a helmet that supports Elven ears, blame Blizzard for the model I guess).

Indeed this will have its own setting with its own lore and such. I'll try to come up with as much background lore and such as possible.
D.U.P.A.
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by D.U.P.A. »

Ahh, so you changed the title, also now it happens in Vermont, not on Venus. :D However in description you still didn't change, it still says Last Angel Saga. But you are damn fast, already showing screenshots :D
Linaze

Post by Linaze »

Fixed the description error, thanks for pointing that out!
And yeah, mission one is basically done, and I've started working on the terrain of mission two.