Legacy of the Void Release Date and Cinematic

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Legacy of the Void Release Date and Cinematic

Post by UntamedLoli »

The protoss armada is preparing for battle as the countdown to reclaim Aiur begins! On November 10, you can assume the mantle of Hierarch Artanis and begin the final chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy in Legacy of the Void.

The battle for Aiur is at hand! Watch the warriors of the Golden Armada battle against the greatest evil the universe has ever known in the StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void opening cinematic.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_XwzBMTJaM[/youtube]

Blizzard had a reveal event on twitch earlier today for both the release date and opening cinematic of LotV. It's currently available to pre-order on their store which grants you beta access and a 3 mission prologue campaign involving Zeratul. Purchasing LotV also grants access to Artanis in Heroes of the Storm when he is available.
Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Re: Legacy of the Void Release Date and Cinematic

Post by Revolta »

ha HA HA ha ha

artanis' voice sounds like judicator mike from fuckin reclamation of aiur.
It's really sad to see the other mike (bay) get his hands on sc2 as well, though i guess this is where it always belonged given the quality of its story.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yeah. I felt the cinematic was better than hots (not a hard thing to achieve) but it's still basically "look we can throw money at outsourcees like the rest of holewood can". The choreography and camera are so... sterile. There's no pursuit for character and a lot of things seem just there to be there (why does the archon have armor?) Not even going to mention the audio.

Apparently they are making positive changes for the game, though, like removing the brainless macro mechanics they embarrassingly let slip in during vanilla.
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

Is it sad that I miss Artanis' voice acting from Wings of Liberty? He sounded closer to how he sounded in Brood War in that one.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

One could hope that wasn't Artanis talking (he wasn't in the video), but most likely it was. :(

I enjoyed the cinematic and felt the slightest of chills in excitement of watching the Protoss finally go toe to toe against Zerg in a cinematic. I was kind of bummed, however, to see yet another Ultralisk take the spotlight of the video as the main rival just like the Zerg video when it's charging towards the Terrans.

Props to showing the Zealot die, but I got a tad confused. The fact they emit a "mist" at their death was them being teleported out of battle to a station to preserve their still living bodies in Dragoon cases. Here, you saw him fall to his death (because from my understanding that station has long since been destroyed or maybe any new ones they have aren't close enough to Aiur) and yet he still went all misty. Likely an oversight of not having "StarCraft Lore Masters" (lolwho?) look over the storyboards or cinematics, unfortunately as a clever artist looked over the effects of Zealot deaths in this video and spotted a missing mist upon their deaths. It it bad this stood out for me? Not really, but die-hard fans probably noticed this oversight.

Also, what's going on here..? Doesn't Kerrigan control the whole swarm again, or did I miss something there? If not, something is commanding these Zerg to work organized, as opposed to rabid animals, and disobeying her..? Eh.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Zealots in sc2 all turn to mist when they die still, so... what confused me more is how his body (the one that died to butter) didn't melt at all. Maybe I have to go frame by frame to see.
Revolta

Post by Revolta »

it just kind of flopped on the floor, like sc2 as a whole(wood).

Kerrigan lost her dildo of empowerment and that mantle of leadership was passed on to fag-o chink-o decocko dehaka who threw it back to azeroth (since he and the other primals are actually part of the burning legion, xd) and now the zerg are all crawling inside their own anuses again like they were when the overmind was destroyed in the first game.

(amon mind controlled zerg after the tal'darim sucked zeratul's cock in the prologue missions, at least I think that's what happened?)
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

Is that a new Archon self-destruct ability? GG proxy pylon.

Awhile back, I complained about how the Zerg Queen in Heroes of the Storm had nonsensical breasts. I could at least rationalize that it was from Kerrigan's influence. Now, looking through the new units in Legacy of the Void, I find the Protoss Adept is also suffering a serious case of pandering sexualization, namely in the chest region.

The Protoss are aliens. They evolved on a different planet, in another solar system, with an entirely distinct ecosystem. They don't have mouths. In their lore, they consume light. WHY DO THEY HAVE HUGE DOUBLE D TITS???

Were the artists confused after working on WoW so long that their fantasy cliché of "Different Race + Tits = Female!" herniated over into what should be a Science Fiction universe? You know, the sort of fantasy that applies science to its fiction? The kind that recognizes that biology is a thing?

Naw, fuck that, womens need bewbs!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

You should send them to jail for disagreeing with you on Twitter. That'll teach those white cis scum.

Blizzard wouldn't know biology if it bitchslapped them up the rudder.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

Herc, I always thought the queen's chest was too angular to count (they do need pectorals after all), but for the Protoss that isn't new:

Starcraft Ghost concept art (archive.org might block referenced images again)
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That's still higher res than most of the PC native titles being released right now.

They should have let those dorks finish it before absorbing them. I'm sure it'd have had great science potential.
Aluma
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Aluma »

IskatuMesk wrote:You should send them to jail for disagreeing with you on Twitter. That'll teach those white cis scum.

Blizzard wouldn't know biology if it bitchslapped them up the rudder.

#protosswomenarenotobjects
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

I mean they did establish that there were protoss women though, like that raggydoll lady that gets all mind fucked. but they're plant people. plant gender never made sense to me dont some of them have both bits while other ones have one or the other? still though, not too many titty trees out there.... and protoss dont need milk, they eat sunlight
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Artanis probably identifies as a Walrus. Check your trunk privilege, xir.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I can't hear Artanis without thinking he sounds like current Arthas.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future