Closing casting

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Closing casting

Post by IskatuMesk »

Since Sc2's beta I have uploaded well over a thousand videos to youtube, mostly focused on Starcraft 2. I quickly garnered up to ~1280 followers which then peaked at a current 1302 in recent days due to Diablo 3. But, at the end of the road, the last year has seen the slow death of my desire to continue regularly casting this game. My attention focused on FFA's and silly replays, but the supply of these replays was scarce even when the game was still popular. I received very few submissions, and although the ones I received tended to be good, even that tiny resource eventually evaporated.

I still have some replays left to cover I'll eventually get to, including the insane BW FFA that Hobbes from sc2gg threw my way, but otherwise I consider my casting submissions closed and intend to move on to LP's and other unrelated projects. I have begun to consider casting a chore, and I do not need undesired obligations like that in this stage of my life. I also do not intend to pick up casting when hots comes out; I doubt I'll even be buying it.

I hope you enjoyed the content I put out during this time.

/e

I still have that retardedly huge BW video I definitely intend to finish, so there's still some big stuff to go up in the future.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Re: Closing casting

Post by mark_009_vn »

Well, if you intend on LPs only, mind if I ask could you upload them on Youtube? I'm too busy to download huge chunks of videos compared to just watching small segments on Youtube. (especially since I'm running on a 56k in a remote ditch somewhere in South East Asia)

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I mislike having to deal with the censorship/flag trolling that goes on in youtube so only very rare, specific things would ever go up. I'll be distancing myself from youtube overall.

I'll continue to upload micro versions as well. If you're on 56k, youtube would be worse for you due to the larger filesizes they put up.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Where's that 3v1 SC video?!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

IskatuMesk wrote:I still have that retardedly huge BW video I definitely intend to finish, so there's still some big stuff to go up in the future.
Unfortunately I am too depressed to do any more video editing, so it's a gamble if even XXE makes it by 2012 or not.