OFFICIAL: First HotS Campaign Screenshots

Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

OFFICIAL: First HotS Campaign Screenshots

Post by Falchion »

First impressions on the next post.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Re: OFFICIAL: First HotS Campaign Screenshots

Post by Pr0nogo »

This looks... lame.
Falchion

Post by Falchion »

In my opinion, that wasn't so bad, at least for me... Gave me that old Oddworld feeling... Oh, man, WTF, course gives me the feeling, been playing the damn games already.

Now, IMO, Kerrigan is now butt ugly, she was cute in WoL and way sexy in the Blizzcon page concept! Can't Blizzard make a proper female without the meaning of 'poster girl for anorexia'?

The 'councilor' types aren't so bad, but I expected Izsha to be Kerrigan as she was (A.K.A Infested), to remind her of her anger and power and all 'dem crap...

The snow tileset isn't anything new, Blizzard just published that hidden 'Nifleheim' tileset they forgotten to delete and that SC2Mapster.com taught how to use.

Glowing orange globes could mean something... With editing, they could become lockdown spells for Ghosts.

Nothing to say on the 'Battle Focus' thingy. Just means players will be doing trial and error on their first time, or go aces high.

The Evolution Chamber is just as people predicted: Would be like Swann's Armory in WoL. The only thing is, instead of credits, mutagen. Must imagine though if you gotta get them in the missions or are 'paid' when finished.

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Nothing unexpected so far.
dreamerhorwitz
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by dreamerhorwitz »

I'm confused again. We can customize her skills... she's human now (at the end of SC2, she still looked zergish)... and why is she in the mission selection screen?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I suspect she is basically a hero, as I recall discussion about that a time back.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Who's not [legally?] getting this game?
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Wow, HKS comparing the marketplace to the app-store wasn't any closer to the truth. I was hoping that garbage would have been swept under the rug and forgotten about. I guess Activizzard can't resist free money.

They still haven't figured out how to animate yet. Characters wiggling around in a rigid and unrelated fashion to their speech and all. At least their sound editing and voice acting improved to a degree, but there's still a distinct emotional detachment in all of the speech, especially with Kerrigan.

In other news, MW3 is going to have a subscription! :D

/edit

Also I don't think Kerrigan looks that bad. Not every female in a game needs to be a pin-up to be attractive.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

I'm okay with the campaign's storyline and animation being terrible as long as they make Zerg actually fun to play like they were in BW.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

I like those polar ape/yeti things.
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

Looks.....okay thus far, provided the campaign is more fun than WoL.

Here's to hoping that they actually bring the Lurker and Scourge back into SC2 Multiplayer.

Also, Broodling-poop-on-death zerglings.
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

Gameplay-wise, this actually doesn't look bad, compared to WoL. They seem to actually be bringing hero units (Kerrigan, at least) into the picture, while in WoL they were rarely used.

Plot-wise... what the hell? I don't feel like ranting about it even.
Falchion

Post by Falchion »

Jim_Raynor wrote:Gameplay-wise, this actually doesn't look bad, compared to WoL. They seem to actually be bringing hero units (Kerrigan, at least) into the picture, while in WoL they were rarely used.

Plot-wise... what the hell? I don't feel like ranting about it even.

You tell me, only in three missions were Raynor and his buddies used: Belly of the Beast, Piercing the Shroud and Liberation Day. But, gameplay-wise, there's a high risk of Kerrigan going to all and every battlefield and ressurecting when dying that HotS is compared to Warcraft III (Both RoC and TFT).

Plot-wise... You can't rant about it because there's nothing new to rant on it, especially without Zeratul delivering the speech of the 'Key-to-the-end-of-all-things.'... xD

But, IMO, I don't think the missions will be fun at all... From what I've read at ScLegacy.com and SC2Mapster.com, Bluzzard will diminish the gameplay hour from 27 to 20 missions. If they hope to preserve or raise gameplay hours with that, maps will need to be more detailed and longer than the simplism of WoL.

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Seems Kerrigan didn't get too far from her original position in Wings of Liberty. I can at least admit I'm happy she's not entirely human.
I'm confused again. We can customize her skills... she's human now (at the end of SC2, she still looked zergish)... and why is she in the mission selection screen?
She looks exactly as she did at the end cinematic, except her tentacles are chopped and tied to be up, much like Protoss.

I will admit in the original I did actually MISS build and destroy missions, and this coming from a guy who hates build and destroy missions. A few here and there are fine, but when they completed hid build and destroy with the various objectives, it's just not the same. I also didn't enjoy the shortness of most missions.

As for Kerrigan's looks, she looks the same as she did prior, except now she's in a skin-tight suit, her proportions are no where near anorexic, and the fact she's skilled assassin means she'd be lean as hell by all her prior aerobics and what not.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator