Found A Work-around for Campaign Deployment

Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: Found A Work-around for Campaign Deployment

Post by Taeradun »

what's the path to the exe you have to drag files onto for the beta?
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

Taeradun wrote:yeah my program is only intended for use with legal copies of starcraft 2, sorry :hah:
Oh, it's legal, it's just moved over from my old computer. :-X

I'll probably just reinstall from scratch and then only copy over the patch data.
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

Taeradun wrote:what's the path to the exe you have to drag files onto for the beta?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\StarCraft II 2012 Beta\Support\SC2Switcher.exe
Taeradun

Post by Taeradun »

ah right, it's a completely different installation, pretty obvious and I dunno why I hadn't thought of that

in that case, can you please look up the registry key for the beta install path? run regedit.exe (type regedit into the start menu in vista/7 or into start->run in XP) and it's pretty self-explanatory, just don't change anything

for the normal SC2 one it's

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II Retail\InstallPath
(in 64-bit Windows add "Wow6432Node\" between SOFTWARE\ and Blizzard Entertainment). I'm guessing the beta just has something like Beta instead of Retail but I'm not in the beta so can't test it myself

edit: wait if it's a separate install I guess that means it reads stuff from its own maps folder (ie. "...\StarCraft II 2012 Beta\maps" instead of "...\StarCraft II\maps")? the location doesn't matter at all when you launch the "first" map but it has to be in the exe's maps subfolder for the "select next campaign map" (or whatever it's called) trigger to work properly, do you think I should make it search for campaign.xml files in the beta maps folder as well then?
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

There is no separate entry in that regard for the Beta, I wouldn't know why (looed for it before). A workaround could be using the uninstall info at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\StarCraft II Beta. It contains an InstallLocation key with the proper path.

I wouldn't know about issues related to se next map, as I haven't tested it yet. My map files are on the retail directory, nd for the sake of running them it has no problems. It might b wise to do the campaing.xml search on the bet directory, but I can understand its a virtual non issue as well.