Making a Campaign

Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Making a Campaign

Post by Cliff747 »

Hi guys I'm back. I have an idea for a campaign but I have to learn how to make it. You guys speak a whole different language.
I know I have to learn the new editor, but from what I've seen it doesn't make sense to me. But I'll keep on trying.
I need some basic information right now.

Can I make a multi map campaign using that editor chain forward trigger, send it out and would you guys be able to play it using the editor test map feature?

Does the new editor have heroes like the SC1 editor?

I know I'm a noob but I'm and old noob, turned 69 last month.
Thanks
Cliff
Chriso
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by Chriso »

a
Last edited by Chriso on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
#steehlrain
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Making a Campaign

Post by Lavarinth »

Cliff747 wrote:Hi guys I'm back. I have an idea for a campaign but I have to learn how to make it. You guys speak a whole different language.
I know I have to learn the new editor, but from what I've seen it doesn't make sense to me. But I'll keep on trying.
I need some basic information right now.

Can I make a multi map campaign using that editor chain forward trigger, send it out and would you guys be able to play it using the editor test map feature?

Does the new editor have heroes like the SC1 editor?

I know I'm a noob but I'm and old noob, turned 69 last month.
Thanks
Cliff
Hey Cliff, welcome back, congrats on the 69.

I'm not well versed yet with the editor, but I highly suggest opening and inspecting maps that involve the same functionality as what you're looking for, and keeping an open mind. I know it's possible to link maps, and the test map feature isn't required as previously thought. You can drag and drop a map onto the SC2 shortcut to launch it.

The heroes are in the editor, yes, but there's not quite as many 'unused' heroes as SC1, however you have the option of creating as many heroes as you wish in the editor.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

Thanks guys. Still gathering info to see if this project is doable. I'm using the SCALLin1 tool to launch SC2 off line and loading the Green Tea AI into maps to get stuff that is usable. The idea for the campaign is a muti race force against the bad guys to take advantage of the syinergy between the races. I've always wanted a campaign with Raynor Zeratul and Xaxx on the same side. Over at the b.net forums they said that a map has to be published inorder to be able to play it. Does that include off line play?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

It only needs to be published to view/play it on Battle.net, you can launch a map via the way mentioned (drag and drop) without publishing it.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

Xaax is RazorclawX's character, do you actually intend to use him? It wasn't clear from your description.
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

Xenon wrote:Xaax is RazorclawX's character, do you actually intend to use him? It wasn't clear from your description.
No, any Zerg hero will do. If hydras weren't so squishy in SC2 maybe that or even several heros per race. It's just the idea of getting lings and zlots and rines all working together that's appealing.