Saturday Night Game Night! (replays and reviews)

Bishotron
Terran Refinery Attendant

Saturday Night Game Night! (replays and reviews)

Post by Bishotron »

Ok so I have been thinking about this for a while, and for those of us that meet once a week I figured it would be fitting to have a seperate thread where, not only could we have a full list of those who normally play, but act as a place to post replays and discuss some of the more fun games we have

A for instance was the rather EPIC 'starbattles' we had, a 40min long slogfest that Ricky valantly lead and organized i the face of others of us wanting to quite and start over Faced with overwhelming odds, a few newcomers where able to slowly turn the tide of the battle and win!
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: Saturday Night Game Night! (replays and reviews)

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

I don't mind such thread although the "official" one is kind of already there : viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3280

Another thing is that I essentially stopped posted replays since we often play custom maps and if you don't have the EXACT version of said map on your HD, you won't be able to see the damned replay thus often making 70-80% of the replays unviewable in the long run. You can't re-download an older version as far I am aware.

I recently started again to upload FFS videos of our games (which despite the huge size vs a replay, you will STILL be able to view it again) there : http://www.youtube.com/user/Honejasi
Bishotron

Post by Bishotron »

Thank you for that, I actually did not know oyu had a Youtube channel! Also didn't know about the custom map bit, that would make replays more annoying I guess. Thanks for the Info!
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

This reminds me that I really should try and be on for FFS again. Just didn't have the time in November and forgot all about it in December. Oh, well. Someday I suppose.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Well it's almost tomorrow (Saturday) or so for for the next event if it's a good time to join up again. :p

EDIT : As a remainder, it's at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (GMT -5).
Chriso
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by Chriso »

a
Last edited by Chriso on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
#steehlrain
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Chriso wrote:People play SC2 custom games? What in the world . . .
It's actually a lot more feasible with a event such as FFS as you got enough players to actually try new unknown maps rather having odds that are pretty much zero right now unless you got friends along with you.