SC2 Retail Editor Findings, mini-tutorials, etc.

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: SC2 Retail Editor Findings, mini-tutorials, etc.

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

RazorclawX wrote:By the way, have you had problems with being unable to cancel a Lurker morph? That's one of the things I've had problems with in the morph's default loadout.
Honestly, I didn't check too much. But after testing my own version for W&M, I think I might already noticed it beforehand via the command buttons or something and I believe I already fixed it. I can cancel both by clicking both via the command button and the morphing "progress" button.

So far, the only minor drawback is you can't cancel a morph directly after a morph if you have both hydralisks and lurkers selected as it still keep hydralisks selected with the cancel button only briefing appearing and disappearing but after selecting the lurkers themselves to do it, it's fine.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Since we recently had a demand for having special triggers for melee proposes, here they are :

1) Observer on death
2) Support for defeating a whole team instead of just a single player if he/she is in a team.
3) Players can type -surrender to cause their own death and become an observer
4) Death is considered to be having lost all structures and workers.

A map was attached to this post. In addition, the map also contain test triggers to validate my main triggers. However, feel free to test them to be sure

I wouldn't be surprised that it requires "Custom" instead of "Melee" to make them work.

EDIT 1 : Added trigger in case a player leaves by quitting the game normally.

Notes :
A) The triggers attempt to modify the ally chat for dead players to speak to other dead players (and hopefully also to true observers/referees). However, a likely is that if the player starts alone, odds are his/her default chat will be "All chat" instead of "Ally chat".

B) I would prefer full map vision but I had to settle for shared vision of remaining players since in the best case scenario, triggers CANNOT fully prevent dead players from sharing their view (always share even if it's 0.01 second). That is important in non-locked alliance situations.

C) In addition, triggers to prevent alliance changes are a bitch due to a Blizzard bug or two related to them. For some reason, I could NOT turn off a trigger with that specific type of event. I could drop them since I went with shared vision instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So I poked more of RCX's mod and found out more bugs :

1) Parasite's tooltip description clearly have the Optical Flare one.
2) Devourers should NOT have energy (not a spellcaster).
3) Princess' unit description (when you drag your cursor on the unit's wireframe) still show the Queen's description.
4) Same as #3 for Reaver towards Colossus
5) Same as #3 for Debilitator toward Infestor
6) Same as #3 for Devourer towards Corruptor
7) The Lurker range upgrade only makes it attack "sooner" (in range 9 instead of range 6) but still have a range of 6 damage-wise in the end. The main reason is due that the weapon area splashs aren't updated to include range 6 to 9 in some fashion or another. Odds are you will need need to create a brand new damage effect and the update will have to update the Lurker's weapon starting damage effect to it.
EDIT : 8) Same as #3 for the Devourer Cocoon towards the Swarm Guardian Cocoon

Important note : From my personal experiences, you have to ensure you give a different text path for each unit's specific text (ex : Reaver's unit description to show up on the wireframe). The SC2 editor can have a bad habit of "sharing" text links.

In this specific example, if you don't change the paths, you could change it correctly for the Reaver but if the Infestor still shares that specific text, the Infestor would show the Reaver's since both points to the same one for their unit descriptions. This can happen for pretty much any text-related aspect in the Data Editor.

Things that could be improved according to me :

A) Valkyries have 3+1vs Massive. It should be 3+1vs Light since traditionally they were never meant to destroy large air units but they were always intended to mass kill scourges, mutalisks, etc.

EDIT : Eventually I will have to test if the weapon/armor upgrades are properly given to the new units.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Campaign Creations Standard Units Mod Version 1.03

Fixed. The Lurker weapon already has a built-in effect with the range updated to the maximum range baked in, so I changed the upgrade to change the weapon's effect.

All those tooltip errors you listed are simply because I didn't bother to change them.

Also managed to fix the Hydralisk Lurker morph cancel button.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So I concretely attempted to fuse your mod into W&M (seems to have took forever but finally doing it), here's the bugs I encounted :

1) Critical : Valkyries' missiles does NOT have armor reduction. In other words, they will do full damage regardless of enemy armor. This is important as enough of them will make short meat of pretty much any rival air (including Battlecruisers). To fix it, set the effect's Armor Reduction to 1 (as count as 100% reduction per armor point) instead of 0 (ignores all armor).

2) Critical : You really need to rename your internal names for the various parts of your mod. Twice, I encountered issues by mixing up my map to your map. One being the actor "PhotonCannon2" (along with the other related photon missile actors) and actor "Phoenix2". I had similarly named actors (due to lazy copying, no blaming here) and I had to rename them on my map (without having your mod mixed in) to fix it.

While I found it out and such, many people that will land on the very same problems won't figure it out.

3) Valkeries should have the banshee portrait and voices (instead of Hercules').

4) Corsair's Disruption Web does not affect your own units/buildings unlike SC1.

5) Frenzy only gives +1.25 extra damage regardless of target instead of +25% damage. You basically modified the wrong set of values and you should modified the "fraction" ones (instead of "Stacked").

6) Consume should kill the target while draining all of their life. You can easily make it so by adding the flag "Kill" in the consume's effects. This might be preferable since it could be very abusable by using consume on your larvas to cheaply get energy without even losing the larva itself.

Potential bugs (but not sure) :

A) Noticed that Reaver has a vision height of 1.5 while most ground units have only 0.0 .

EDIT :

Sorry that I pretty much told this on Christmas. I am in no big rush since for W&M, I already fixed them on my map's side and even then only plan to finish it before patch 1.2 (which is supposed to be mid-January anyway).
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Some extras :

E1) "Morph to Swarm Guardian" and "Morph to Devourer" have the same hotkeys.
Chriso
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by Chriso »

a
Last edited by Chriso on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#steehlrain
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Yeah, although I didn't bother too much for the most part.

The only thing I actually cared is changing the scourge's weapon name (named "suicide") into "self-explosion" since I was going to use scourge in my W&M map ... all just to avoid the off-chance that some censorship issue falls on me just because of a name that BLIZZARD wrote.