FFS Event Info and Replays

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: FFS Event Info and Replays

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

I posted a battle.net thread about our Campaign Creations group over there : http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7979897989#1

Hopefully, we will get a few extra players.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

So... I noticed that I enjoyed games a lot more this week... after FFS ended and I played a public game.

We need to talk to some of these newer players about, I don't know, chilling out mostly. Zethlis was complaining nonstop and spamming almost the entire event today and I honestly enjoyed that last weird 2v2v2v2 map more partly because I muted him. I know mrbig and david can also be obnoxious, but they tend to be reasonable except when Zethlis is feeding them, and they definitely piggyback off his BMing.

I know that several of the other 'older' players are getting frustrated with some of the newer players as well.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Someone commandeered my vent and spammed the event with TTS comments. I apologise for the disturbance and I'll be reprimanding the individual who decided to embark on such a rectally-dissatisfying manoeuvre.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

was that someone your mom?
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Krazy wrote:So... I noticed that I enjoyed games a lot more this week... after FFS ended and I played a public game.

We need to talk to some of these newer players about, I don't know, chilling out mostly. Zethlis was complaining nonstop and spamming almost the entire event today and I honestly enjoyed that last weird 2v2v2v2 map more partly because I muted him. I know mrbig and david can also be obnoxious, but they tend to be reasonable except when Zethlis is feeding them, and they definitely piggyback off his BMing.

I know that several of the other 'older' players are getting frustrated with some of the newer players as well.
Yes, I agree. Personally, I started to be quite annoyed towards the end of the event when it felt like children that just endlessly bickered to each other for totally stupid reasons. As usual, I tend to not intervene much at the beginning hoping it solves itself.

While I don't expect a super high maturity, I REALLY felt like I was under the presence of those lame public players I would avoid from a DotA game back in WC3. Like some super-charged hormonal teenagers that scream over each other over a Halo game.

So yeah, private talks will be in order. Likely excluding the worst offenders if it doesn't improve. I do want to play games in relative quiet.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Well the site has been done for a while but anyway :

I did speak privately with MultiDavid, rip and Zethlis about it so I trust them to be on better behaviors from now on.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

With Zethlis' continued inappropriate behavior, I banned him for 2 weeks from the event. I do intend to give longer ones if he simply can't improve enough.

It's also possible I might start to more actively exclude him from games that are more computer-demanding due to his very low-end computer that slow down our games.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

HKS gave me the rundown of this guy and I don't know why you don't just permaban people who can't run the game and negatively impact everyone else's performance so dramatically. It's too much of a hassle to just exclude him out of X games, just tell him to get a computer or get lost.
wibod

Post by wibod »

You really should only let people play who are willing to join vent and listen.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

IskatuMesk wrote:HKS gave me the rundown of this guy and I don't know why you don't just permaban people who can't run the game and negatively impact everyone else's performance so dramatically. It's too much of a hassle to just exclude him out of X games, just tell him to get a computer or get lost.
If he was a 100% new guy then it would be easily obvious to me to just leave him out from the very start.

Unfortunately, he was there quite a bit before (sometimes even on the 3-4 players times) when he was much more okay despite not having the best computer, it was quite playable while having a minimal impact on us.

Thus unless I am mistaken, he now uses a far worse computer, a shitty internet connection and he now have a much worse personality-wise in general.

Considering on how he lagged that Protect Bob game which honestly shouldn't be that taxing, I do intend to actively exclude him from any computer-taxing SC2 maps. Seriously, he got little excuse to lag that one down to 35-50% speed.
widod wrote:You really should only let people play who are willing to join vent and listen.
A nice ideal and such. However at times I would had too few players to even continue the FFS event, especially when I usually only had 3-4 players per FFS event with 1-2 not on ventrilo.
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

Even on the "non-taxing" maps it was bad enough to exclude him.
Krazy

Post by Krazy »

Just a heads up that I'm not going to be there next week.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Krazy wrote:Just a heads up that I'm not going to be there next week.
Alright, show courage and bravery in real life!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Ventrilo for now forward has been adjusted to a new server:

Server: campaigncreations.typefrag.com
Port: 9420

The old server will be active for a few days to weeks.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
High_Zealot
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by High_Zealot »

May not show up next week depending on how my internet is feeling.

/Edit: Scratch that, internet should be fine before Saturday. Here's a bit of advice, don't use an USB Wireless Adapter.