FFS Event Info and Replays

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

FFS Event Info and Replays

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

EDIT : FFS no longer rotate along with Satyr Saturday (War3-TFT)

-----------------------------------

Frenzied Firebat Saturday (FFS)
When: Saturdays // 6PM PST (GMT-8) // 9PM EST (GMT-5)
Where: US Server
What: Variety of maps including staff created, melee, and custom.
Who: Campaign Creations forumers and community members are all invited to participate in any event day.

Communicate! Talk smack, chat, and converse with staff and players in on our Ventrilo server!
Download and install Ventrilo (click here), setup your microphone and type in the following server details to get talk time with us!
Name: Campaign Creations
Server: campaigncreations.typefrag.com
Port: 9420

Group Channel : Campaign Creations (Not Channel)

Youtube channel for FFS videos : http://www.youtube.com/user/Honejasi

FFS is Frenzied Firebat Saturday, a SC2 event every Saturday at 9:00 PM (GMT -5, Eastern Time). Due to region locking, it is limited to those that purchased the North America region of SC2.

If you want to join FFS, you will need to add up your player ID (not real ID as we are not too fond of it) in this thread : viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3255 and also add everyone in that very list to make the communications easier.

We do have a Ventrilo server where all players are welcome to join, during the event or at any point, at losangeles.voipservers.net, port : 4068.

If you really want to minimize the number of added friend from that list, I would recommend to add at least Honejasi.300 (Event Leader) , Lavarinth.621 (CC Admin) and BilltheEmu.338 (Most common FFS player) as they are the most likely to drag you into the event.

Although I would recommend posting in this thread if you are interested in joining FFS especially if you are a new CC member or mostly a lurker so that we are much more likely to drag you into the event rather than forgetting.

=====================================

This is the thread to post comments and such about the FFS event on top of posting replays on it.

The SC2's replay advantage is that melee replays SHOULD be playable on any SC2 version. The big drawback is replays will often not be compatible for custom maps as maps gets updated on the B.net's cloud system and thus the older versions are no longer available to watch the replays. SC2 Replays still have map dependency like WC3 replays has.

The list of FFS replays is there : http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/ ... plays.html

I often post videos so you still can see the videos of the FFS games there for any missing replay : http://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3279

EDIT : I recently upload my newer FFS videos over my Youtube channel there : http://www.youtube.com/user/Honejasi?feature=mhum

=====================================

EDIT : Campaign Creations now have a ventrilo server that can fit 25 persons. The Frenzied Firebat Saturday event will shift to this ventrilo for speaking between the players.

The address is losangeles.voipservers.net , port : 4068
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: FFS Event Thread

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Note that I am lacking some replays but the missing ones are all custom maps anyway.

FFS Week 1 replays : http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/FrenziedFirebatSaturday/FFS_Week_1_Replays.zip

Other replays (of Neo Game Videos #1 to #3) : http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/FrenziedFirebatSaturday/Neo_Game_Replays_Pack_1.zip

Other than that, I am working on my map of mine to better debug it and make it available for playing at the FFS event next Saturday.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: FFS Event Replays

Post by IskatuMesk »

make any note of specific FFA's you want commentated to me on aim or in your post.

/e also does that include maps? Because I doubt you can watch without maps...? (I should try it)
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

IskatuMesk wrote: make any note of specific FFA's you want commentated to me on aim or in your post.

/e also does that include maps? Because I doubt you can watch without maps...? (I should try it)
Unfortunately, it doesn't include the maps as they are probably in some format similar to the beta where you can't find the folder that easily on top of having a hard time to even know which sub-folder is which map. However, since I can't find the damn path they used for hidden maps this time, I can't be 100% sure with that answer.

Also since custom maps relies on the SC2's cloud system and can easily be modified the next day, it would easily void those replays for other viewers EXCEPT if you are the replay recorder itself (since the earlier downloaded map versions seems to be kept on the computer at least for future replay view).

In short, the melee replays should be fine even in the long run as long Blizzard don't break version compatibilities. However, custom replays might be even void the next day the game was played.

EDIT : For the hidden maps, I am wondering if they are hidden in some secret MPQ this time around. Might even need some kind of software to detect modified files (as in between your computer's startup until the moment you check) to find it.

EDIT 2 : Nah, seems they kept the same relative path (on XP, installed on C:), it's ...
1)  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II\Maps\Cache
or 2)  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache
Note that those are hidden folders.

Although it would be still a pain to know which sub-folders are which maps.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Max party of six is a terrible situation that is limited this event- Hopefully this gets resolved soon as I'm sure the participants outside of the party feel left out considering there's no lobbies.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

It didn't get resolved in beta so don't expect anything soon.
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian
Terran Command Center Custodian

Post by Dread »

Yea, after participating in the last FFS; that was the first time it clicked for me how terrible it is not having chat lobbies between scenarios.

FFS was still a ton of fun though, and next time I know about the Forge in the middle. ;D

Lol, and more Debaters.
- - - Dread
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So next Saturday, I will be at my Uncles and Aunts so odds are either I won't be there or I will arrive quite late (like 12 AM to 2 AM).

So since last time I remember, Lavarinth didn't arrive so late so he could do the party join up in my absence or it can be someone else such as Bill the legendary emu. :p
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So to my absence for next FFS (tomorrow), I entrusted Bill with my W&M map project so that he can host it in my absence.

Due to the nature of private publishing, Bill will have to be the party leader when it will come to host the map.

Note that I barely fixed anything this time around. I didn't have much motivation for W&M as I spent time on other map projects that Battle.net's arbitrary limits pretty much kill them.

EDIT : Also since I won't be there, it will mean someone else will also have to assemble the party and such for the FFS event. :p
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:FFS is Frenzied Firebat Saturday, a SC2 event every Saturday at 9:00 PM (GMT -5, Eastern Time). Due to region locking, it is limited to those that purchased the North America region of SC2.

If you want to join FFS, you will need to add up your player ID (not real ID as we are not too fond of it) in this thread : viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3255 and also add everyone in that very list to make the communications easier.

If you really want to minimize the number of added friend from that list, I would recommend to add at least Honejasi.300 (Event Leader) , Lavarinth.621 (CC Admin) and BilltheEmu.338 (aka Mr. , Most common FFS player) as they are the most likely to drag you into the event.

Although I would recommend posting in this thread if you are interested in joining FFS especially if you are a new CC member or mostly a lurker so that we are much more likely to drag you into the event rather than forgetting.
I added this information in the very first post. Note however as said previously, I will probably not be present this FFS on August 14, 2010 thus it will be either Lavarinth or BilltheEmu (aka Mr.) that will form the game party and such.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Re: FFS Event Info & Replays

Post by Krazy »

Hey I'd actually like to try joining this week, whoever ends up running it if you see me on throw me an invite.

Do I need to set up a mic?
Frozty
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Frozty »

OMG! Great week! I had a blast... Too bad my internet crapped out on me, just couldn't handle the load, I guess.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

your pool died and you died and you qq'd and I had a whale of a time lol'ing
Frozty

Post by Frozty »

I Spawning Pool should not lose health as if it was burning... Like fur rillz.