HoMM3 - Fortress Theme

Discuss the latest and past MP3's of the Week here.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

HoMM3 - Fortress Theme

Post by IskatuMesk »

Title: Fortress
Source: Heroes of Might and Magic 3 - gamerip
Artist: Various Artists (Paul Romero, Rob King, Steve Baca)
Type: Orchestral

Suggested by Mucky

Few games have ever come even close to the feeling I felt when I first began playing HoMM3. One of the few, rare titles that actually gave me some sense of immersion and character. Unfortunately, I was late on the show to 3, where Milldawg introduced me to the game some years back. What followed were amongst the best gaming days of my last decade.

HoMM3 owes a huge amount of that impact to its music, a unique, especially in comparison to 5 and 6, style and prose. Comparing it to the Skyrim track from last week, the differences in what the composers intended should be clear.

Although most of the tracks from 3 are awesome, Mucky suggested Fortress in particular, likely due to his fondness of wyverns and gorgons.

While I felt that 5 was a good game, the lack of a properly functioning RMG until the end of its days and the horrific CPU turn length turned me off from playing it. 6 currently lacks an RMG, which means a no buy from me. Thus, 3 has stood the test of time, and it's not likely we will ever see another game like it.
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Re: HoMM3 - Fortress Theme

Post by Falchion »

Ah, good old nostalgia when THAT was the game, not that shameful junking up HoMM 6 is. TBH, HoMM 4 was when the series started decaying.

But, of course, my favorite soundtrack is Necropolis for a reason: SKELETON TRANSFORMERRRRRRR!!!
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Milldawg
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Re: HoMM3 - Fortress Theme

Post by Milldawg »

The Fortress Theme is indeed excellent, as are most of the HoMM3 songs. HoMM4 actually had a pretty great soundtrack, but it was much different from 3.

My favorite song from HoMM3 is actually one of the campaign themes, 'CampaignMusic11'. There's just something so chilling about it, like a combination of Tower and Necropolis. Death and cold.