Player Database

Moderator: Hercanic

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Player Database

Post by IskatuMesk »

Um. Trillian is definitely a standard. It covers aim and msn, but why you'd use those shitty protocols, especially MSN, over astra in this day and age I don't know. Herc's got it down, why don't you?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Trillian can suck it. If I want endless transfer failures, then I'll switch over :3
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I don't get endless transfer failures unless it's to someone using a crappy protocol. You realize that msn has a habit of just flat out dropping messages, right?

/e btw you are the only person I can't transfer to on aim. I can literally send endless gb to anyone else I want. Notwithstanding the fact that aim has a 2gb overflow limit but you can send in parts.

/e 2 proof -

--!)R@G()N--
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by --!)R@G()N-- »

Multiprotocol chat clients never seemed to quite have the privacy granularity I'm looking for. For example, if I wanted to remain offline/hidden only to the jerkoffs I have on Facebook, I couldn't do that (or even just a particular "group" of Facebook contacts). Or if I updated my status it would be globally broadcasted everywhere.

I've always been impressed with Trillian, Meebo, Pidgn and other universal chat clients, and I'm sure they've all improved greatly, but probably not enough to meet my picky expectations. Besides, being the antisocial cave troll that I am, do I really need one?