Moderator: Hercanic

Omi
Terran Refinery Attendant

Registry Overwrite

Post by Omi »

IskatuMesk wrote: where the hell have YOU been
Haha, I'm a developer over at SC2GG.  :p

Anyway, first issue with the game: I add the gateways to my registry using the provided .reg file, and all of my gateways are overwritten.  Please change this.
Last edited by Hercanic on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Registry Overwrite

Post by IskatuMesk »

You could use Shadowflare's gateway editor. I think it's available at SEN. Or her site, I think. www.shadowflare.samods.org
Haha, I'm a developer over at SC2GG.
Cool. You should show up on msn once and a while, you know.
Omi

Post by Omi »

IskatuMesk wrote: You could use Shadowflare's gateway editor. I think it's available at SEN. Or her site, I think. www.shadowflare.samods.org
Haha, I'm a developer over at SC2GG.
Cool. You should show up on msn once and a while, you know.
Though I could, that's besides the point.  Rather than overwrite people's registry, just patch it, adding your gateway to the list.  If you need, I'm sure someone can create a patcher for you.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Ideally the mod should just include the gateway editor with it with simple instructions on what to do with it.
ShadowFlare
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by ShadowFlare »

Heh, there are better gateway editors available than mine.  BTW, for those who just want to get on my server, you can point them to http://sfrealm.hopto.org/

Or you could also provide a .bat file along with this modified version of the utility I made for there: http://sfsrealm.hopto.org/download/AddBNetGateway.zip
I modified my code for it to make it accept parameters to specify the gateway to add.  Usage:

AddBNetGateway.exe address time_zone_offset "name"

Note that the time zone offset has its sign reversed from the usual convention. (though this value is probably unimportant)

For the set in the reg file, you could use these commands in a .bat file if you included that program:

AddBNetGateway.exe games.podolsk.ru 8 "Games Podolsk"
AddBNetGateway.exe sfrealm.hopto.org -8 "ShadowFlare's Realm"
AddBNetGateway.exe mould.dyndns.org -8 "Mould"

The program does not check whether the entry already exists, though.
Last edited by ShadowFlare on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't point that camera at me!
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

Dear DarkOMEN:
Oh, forgot to address your gateway issue. When I used the registry, it did not remove my existing Battlenet gateways, unless you mean you had your own custom gateways beforehand. The readme included also goes over using RegEdit to manually add the gateways.
Last edited by Hercanic on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omi

Post by Omi »

Hercanic wrote:Dear DarkOMEN:
Oh, forgot to address your gateway issue. When I used the registry, it did not remove my existing Battlenet gateways, unless you mean you had your own custom gateways beforehand. The readme included also goes over using RegEdit to manually add the gateways.
That's right, I had a long list of about 30 gateways (mostly Korean), and I'm sort of perturbed because I'm not sure where to start hunting them down again.  On that note, if anyone here has a good collection of league gateways and is at GMT -6, I'd really appreciate a registry transposition.
IskatuMesk wrote:If the game actually crashes then it's not a desync. A desync is when players are dropped.
Actually, come to think of it, I haven't seen the game crash even a single time, yet.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Well, I can't think of any, but I'd suggest asking over at SC2GG, I hear they're knowledgeable in that. ;) Hehehehe..
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator