To All

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

To All

Post by Legion »

On behalf of every sane person visiting these boards, I'd just like to extend my thanks to all the contestants who handed in their complete entry.  Even though I'm not even halfway through playing this big number of finished products, I'm impressed with the professionality and dedication present in all of these works.  Where some have given us what at times seemed like an enticing audioplay or a mini movie, others have managed to create three seperate campaigns to present three interconnected, original stories -- the hours of work that have gone into these campaigns must be countless.

You've given the community yet another wave of exciting adventures for this decade-old game.  Congralutions and thanks very much!

-Legion
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: To All

Post by thebrowncloud »

Thanks much, sir!
However, unless you are interested in giving some criticism (which we need drastically) or you have already played it, I suggest you don't get into Hands of Power just yet. It is quite flawed right now and we plan to rerelease it in and edited and extended version sometime in the future. I'm thinking it will be finished by November, but I'm not sure....

Best of luck to all contributors!
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

thebrowncloud wrote: Thanks much, sir!
However, unless you are interested in giving some criticism (which we need drastically) or you have already played it, I suggest you don't get into Hands of Power just yet. It is quite flawed right now and we plan to rerelease it in and edited and extended version sometime in the future. I'm thinking it will be finished by November, but I'm not sure....

Best of luck to all contributors!
That's funny, I was about to dive into HoP.  If I find anything, I'll PM you.  Or I can just wait for the updated version.  We'll talk later! :)
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

I am playing through Vile Egression and will be posting a review sometime soon.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Well, three days and six antispyware programs later, my computer is finally clean again and I will begin to play all of the submissions and write reviews for each. First up: the esteemed Vile Egression!
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

Wow all these new campaigns. I've downloaded all of then and am starting to play them. :-[

Oh no!! How can I continue? This music is to much to bare. It hurts these poor ears. ???

All kidding aside, how do you turn down the volume on the .wav files you guys are putting in.
StarCraft's sound controls don't seem to work on these campaigns.
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

Better but still loud. If I turn down the volume on my speakers then I can't raise the digital volume high enough.

It might be just me. I'm 67 and hearing impaired, (60% in the left ear and 40% in the right).

Can I export the .wav, put it into some sort of sound editor to adjust the volume and import it back into the scenario?
Cliff747
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Cliff747 »

It's only the custom music that is too loud. All the other sounds are normal.

I was playing Aftermath and opened the scenario in the map editor,exported the music .wav to the
Aftermath folder to save it then deleted it from the scenario trying to get rid of it. So now I have that .wav.
Can I edit the sound to lower the volume and then stick it back into the scenario?
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

You might have your starcraft audio settings at a low level. I kept SC audio at lower than 50% during testing, and haven't had any problems.

The wavs were played twice in every trigger since it didn't have enough volume on my desktop. Please try to check Starcraft's audio settings. It should work fine.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Cliff747 wrote: It's only the custom music that is too loud. All the other sounds are normal.

I was playing Aftermath and opened the scenario in the map editor,exported the music .wav to the
Aftermath folder to save it then deleted it from the scenario trying to get rid of it. So now I have that .wav.
Can I edit the sound to lower the volume and then stick it back into the scenario?
Yes, you can. The only worse part might possibly be to find the music triggers that play each specific replaced wav file but I am not too sure if you have to do that part as well since I didn't seriously used StarEdit in forever (other than for testing the contest campaigns).

Basically due to the way Starcraft is made, campaign creators are pretty much forced to play custom music as very very long sound files rather than music thus sharing the sound volume rather than music volume in the Starcraft options (only exception being the occasional replaced music files from campaigns relying on custom exes).
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Couldn't you technically extract them from the MPQ or the map, and reimport them and not have it affect the triggers?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Lavarinth wrote: Couldn't you technically extract them from the MPQ or the map, and reimport them and not have it affect the triggers?
It's probably better that way although I am not sure if he knows how to use tools such as WinMPQ or any other MPQ tools to do it. Rather simple but not everyone knows that maps are in reality MPQs and such (although I just said it now).
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Whatever happened to that Cliff747 guy? A 67 year-old SC player is pretty awesome! I'm curious to see what he thought of some of our campaigns.
-George Bernard Shaw
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Yay, legion is using his old name again  :)
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

chris wrote: Yay, legion is using his old name again  :)
Glad I could bring out that smiling face.