The Last Cerebrate (CANCELED)

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: The Last Cerebrate

Post by The Oracle »

**BUMP**

Map 1 released (See original post for download link).

2 & 3 to follow today.  4 in the next day or two.
You haven't lived until you've edited 5,000 recorded .mp3's of dialogue!
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

chris wrote: You should name yourself "the overmind" due to your excellent voicing in Dark Swarm, I haven't forgotten :)
Maybe he can also be called 'Artanis' or 'Fenix', because of his excellent voicing of these two Protoss legends (Remember the 'Return to Braxis' map). I also belive that you he's the one who voiced Artanis in VE. Good work! :D
The Oracle wrote: **BUMP**

Map 1 released (See original post for download link).

2 & 3 to follow today.  4 in the next day or two.
Great! I'll play them as soon as time gives allows me. ;)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

The tracks are all licensed for use through a royalty free music site.  None of them (save 1) is from a movie, game, tv show etc.  I'll post the official track names and composers in the .txt once all the maps are out.
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

You're not selling your campaign so I believe you're allowed to use copyright music in the campaigns since it is for free personal use.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

chris wrote: You're not selling your campaign so I believe you're allowed to use copyright music in the campaigns since it is for free personal use.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
chris, he chose NOT to use them, there's a difference.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

Awesome. On a slightly weird note, in the part where you use Scourge to kill the pylons, the AI can go out and build more pylons. You don't need to destroy them for the trigger to work, but it's just bizarre.
chris

Post by chris »

Lavarinth wrote:
chris wrote: You're not selling your campaign so I believe you're allowed to use copyright music in the campaigns since it is for free personal use.
chris, he chose NOT to use them, there's a difference.
I was under the impression that he chose not to use copyright music due to copyright fears, my apologies.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

@ Krazy
Spoiler
There are a lot of ways to tackle the post-teleporter sequence.  If you're getting stuck I recommend the following:

1)  Do your best to maintain a group of 12 Zerg up to the teleporter part
2)  Take Belial and 3 hydralisks down the path to the lower left, leave Scourge, the zerglings, and the rest of the hydralisks between the gateways
3)  Once you get to the end of that path and destroy the pylon, your health is recharged for all units and there's only one gateway producing zealots
4)  Take your full group to the path on the right and finish that off
And yes, cheat codes will break the map at many parts
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

**BUMP**

Map 2 released (See original post for download link).

3 should follow tonight (was supposed to be yesterday) and 4 toward the middle of this week.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

I think your timing is a little messed up...I got the plasma warning when half my dudes were in the plasma killzone...then it went off. There was also a weird random bunch of dudes spawning in from nowhere up by where you kill the supply depot/blue guy.

EDIT: Last SCV/reactor doesn't turn blue. You kill it and it works, but shouldn't it be blue if it's the only one left?
EDIT2: Well I was going to complain about the boss fight but holy shit the voicework right after it is freaking amazing. Serious, serious props.

FINAL EDIT:

Overall, not a bad map, but I had higher hopes (instant death boss fight? whyyy?). I also pretty much played it through with just Belial and Scourge, since all my other guys got killed by the aforementioned surprise plasma. The only part that it seemed to handicap me at was the ultralisk patrol, and then only because they respawned.
Spoiler
I'm also unsure as to why the cerebrate even bothered with the Ultralisk patrol part, since the last mention either hero made of killing Kerrigan or not being aligned with her was well before that.
With all my annoying complaints out of the way, the voicework was, again, astounding.
Last edited by tipereth on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

Thank you all for your feedback.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

The Oracle wrote: Thank you all for your feedback.
He f*****g did it again! 
Spoiler

Bearing resemblance to Oracle's earlier creation Zuhl, Kaloth's voice must be the most amazing fan-made cerebrate I've ever heard!

Oh and who voice acted Ulrezaj by the way... I like his dark, insane character and the voice fits that personality completely.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

**BUMP**

Map 3 released (See original post for download link).

I'm hoping for 4 (final) by Friday.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Ugh...I lost an overlord full of hydras to the killzone, the warning should really come before it's too late. Or just have a blowback or something.

EDIT: The attackers keep attacking at the end even though they're supposed to have been driven off. (during the dialog)
Spoiler
As a whole, the defense part was really easy. I know that for lore reasons they don't use High Templar, but without Psionic Storm, the protoss don't stand a chance against your likely heavily upgraded units. At least give them some Dark Archons for Maelstrom.
That said, I liked knowing in advance what I'd be fighting, that was a sort of feel-good scenario. Although there's a part where Scourge is like 'Yo I know how to beat them' and then doesn't say anything after that.
Last edited by tipereth on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: The Last Cerebrate (CANCELED)

Post by The Oracle »

Campaign canceled (Please see first post).

Thanks to all who placed their feedback!