The Last Cerebrate (CANCELED)

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Re: The Last Cerebrate (CANCELED)

Post by chris »

Hey, hold on! we want to finish playing it! Who cares about the bloody competition! :'(

At least finish map 4 for the sake of those who like your work. Just because its not a part of a competition doesn't mean people aren't going to be interested in playing it. You didn't make LotC for a competition now did you?
Last edited by chris on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: The Last Cerebrate (CANCELED)

Post by omega20 »

DUE to the concerns voiced by contestants and players in general regarding my release delays on this campaign, I have canceled it.  I hope you enjoy(ed) the first 3 maps however and look forward to what you do for the next contest and StarCraft 2!
chris wrote: Hey, hold on! we want to finish playing it! Who cares about the bloody competition! :'(

At least finish map 4 for the sake of those who like your work. Just because its not a part of a competition doesn't mean people aren't going to be interested in playing it. You didn't make LotC for a competition now did you?
He's right man. The fact that most contestants concerned about the delay release of your campaign doesn't mean that they/we can't enjoy it. I know that the final decision is yours to take, but anyways, I'd like to advice you to finish it. Not for the competition. But for those who want to play and enjoy it. ;)

If the contest is giving you so much problems, just withdraw from it. You'll receive feedback anyways. Also, I think that the contest may have affected your maps, too. I'm not sure (and correct me if I'm wrong) but I think that the bugs found on some of your maps (noticed by other players and posted here) may have been the result of attempting to finish the campaign quicklier. Don't worry about it. Take your time. You'll have plenty of time, contest or not, to fix those bugs and improve the maps any way you want. ;)
The Oracle wrote: @ all who are upset about my campaign release delays:

To say I misjudged the timeframes required to make the maps, trigger them, create the voice fx, etc. is an understatement.  And I happily forfeit my placing in this contest.  Please stop bothering Lavarinth about it. 

In terms of the last map, I suppose it does not matter anymore whether or not I finish it but I do hope that you all enjoyed the first three and I'll take feedback I've received to date into consideration for modifying certain parts to further polish them off.
Yes, I enjoyed the other three maps. Because of that, I don't understand why you suppose it doesn't matter anymore wheter you finish the 4th map or not. You see, you're allowed to leave the contest whenever you want. But leaving the contest doesn't mean that you can't finish this promising project. It's a quality campaign, and it's enjoyable with the three maps you already released. But I'm pretty sure that once it's finished and polished off, it'll be even more enjoyable. ;)
Last edited by omega20 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]