Rise From The Ashes -- COMPLETE

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Re: Rise From The Ashes

Post by thebrowncloud »

Dem0nS1ayer wrote: UPDATE:

Protoss campaign finished!  I'm 4 days behind schedule, so I only have 7 days to make 7-10 missions. :O
You can do it!!! I have faith in you!!! But I hope your schedule is clear for those 7 days cause you will need it  :-\
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Dem0nS1ayer
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

Rofl It is most definitely not.  I'm not going to be home for half of today and all of tomorrow. :P
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

UPDATE:

Seeing as how there's only 3 days left, I'll unfortunately be unable to make my last episode a full 10 missions.  Instead, it's going to probably be 5 rushed missions.  :-\
index.php?topic=1678.0
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Seeing as how there's only 3 days left, I'll unfortunately be unable to make my last episode a full 10 missions.  Instead, it's going to probably be 5 rushed missions.  :-\
Bummer, man. Will you release a complete version (with everything it was intended to have) later?
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

I may.  I know I should, since really nothing exciting happens in this episode while it's short, but I am really lazy, and I may lose motive. :P  I'll try my hardest to finish it though.
index.php?topic=1678.0
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Dem0nS1ayer wrote: I may.  I know I should, since really nothing exciting happens in this episode while it's short, but I am really lazy, and I may lose motive. :P  I'll try my hardest to finish it though.
I certainly hope you do, man! I'm sure that playing it in all its glory will be far more satisfying than a rushed shorter version. It certainly wouldn't go unappreciated if you did it!  :)
-George Bernard Shaw
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

Or just do what I did: to release your already finished maps and make an epilogue map explaining what'd happen in the last remaining maps (you'll be able to finish it after the contest, anyways; I don't like rushed missions ;)). Your chances of winning'd be greatly lowered, of course, but I think that better off showing your incomplete work instead of it going to waste. And it's for certain that you aren't gonna win with a quickly-made rushed episode. ;)

But the final decision is yours to take, and I'll agree with whatever you do. :D
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

UPDATE:

I'M DONE!!!!!!  Now all I have to do is test all my missions once again!  YAY!
index.php?topic=1678.0
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

I AM NOW 100% DONE WITH MY CAMPAIGN!  Thank god.  I didn't think I would finish! :P  Whew!
index.php?topic=1678.0
Dem0nS1ayer

Re: Rise From The Ashes -- COMPLETE

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

WOOAHHHH!!  HOLY JESUS CHRIST!  I realized that I had messed up on something!  Ahhh!!  I hope you guys don't take off a point if I post an updated version of 1 map. :o  It will be in the first post in like 10 minutes.
Last edited by Dem0nS1ayer on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
index.php?topic=1678.0
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Dem0nS1ayer wrote: WOOAHHHH!!  HOLY JESUS CHRIST!  I realized that I had messed up on something!  Ahhh!!  I hope you guys don't take off a point if I post an updated version of 1 map. :o  It will be in the first post in like 10 minutes.
Nah, it's fine. You technically still have 10 hours left before the deadline (despite my initial posts that some were late due to me mis-reading).
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

I fear you will have to re-upload (or maybe even re-compress)your files because uncompressing your Rise of the Ashes.rar with WinRAR tells me that the following files are corrupted inside :

1. Prologue.rar
Rise of the Ashes.exe

You are advised to use the latest version of WinRAR ( http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm ) instead of any other software to ensure compatibility.

To be double-sure, I even updated my WinRAR in case it was a matter of a seriously outdated version of mine.

EDIT : By the way, you normally don't need compress a rar and then recompress it into another rar, folders usually work just fine.
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

Yeah, I don't know why I compressed every file...  Re-compressed and re-uploaded campaign in the first post.  Eek, I hope this works. D:
index.php?topic=1678.0
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

Uhh, I made the triggers work for whichever beacon Maxwell stepped on.  It worked for me... O.o
index.php?topic=1678.0
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

...  I think it's pretty self-explanatory that you need to step on the beacons.  That's what you had to do in mission 8 of episode V (BW).
index.php?topic=1678.0