The Death of Adun // Zeratul's Dark Past

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Re: The Death of Adun // Zeratul's Dark Past

Post by Pr0nogo »

omega20 wrote:I believe the campaign you're talking about is War of the Tribes.
Either that or it was a campaign with Duran as the protagonist.
omega20 wrote:As long as Blizzard supports them, they're canon.
Regardless, my campaign is basing off of the pre-crap book lore, meaning Zeratul did kill Adun.
Sodon
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Sodon »

Well, the game manual doesn't even mention Adun's death, unless I read it wrong. War of the Tribes is a fan-made campaign, and I have not heard of any Blizzard campaign with Duran as the protagonist.
Last edited by Sodon on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stupazin'.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Me neither.  Get your facts straight, Pronogo!

Anyway, the Blizzard novels aren't half-bad, it's just sad they're canon. I read about things like preservers and it amazes me how Blizzard could squeeze it into their Starcraft lore. I understand the Metzen-scribbled stories - it's his brainchild anyway - but the others are just good stories in their own right, just in the Starcraft story. Starcraft needs GAPS and HOLES in it, so we can imagine things. Besides, the first game did well without the uninteresting backstories in these novels. I'm pretty sure SC2 would've been great without them as well.

On topic: Zeratul killed Adun? I don't claim to know every trivial Starcraft story element, but this isn't trivial... and I'm pretty sure it's inaccurate.

So get your facts straight! :D
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

To settle your debates: Judgement of lore will be based on facts specified on characters, and accounts of how things occured. A 10,000 year old Protoss, for example, cannot exist, as it is well know Razasgal (sp) is not even 2,000 and is noted ot be of the oldest Protoss.

You can use any story you wish to portray the storyline, but you will, will be compared to Blizzard's canon readily available online, such as a Blizzard's site, StarCraft wiki using references, or the game manual.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

My loremastery is dissapointed if you make Zeratul have killed Adun, cause it just ain't so.

@Sodon: If Lord of the Clans is the only good one, why did you campaign-ize Day of the Dragon for WC3? :P
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

Lavarinth wrote: To settle your debates: Judgement of lore will be based on facts specified on characters, and accounts of how things occured. A 10,000 year old Protoss, for example, cannot exist, as it is well know Razasgal (sp) is not even 2,000 and is noted ot be of the oldest Protoss.
I thought Taldarin was the oldest Protoss with 3,000 years old...
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Sodon
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Sodon »

Maglok wrote: @Sodon: If Lord of the Clans is the only good one, why did you campaign-ize Day of the Dragon for WC3? :P
Cause I was a noob?
Stupazin'.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

several people wrote:lore-following stupidity
Enough! Sometimes you just gotta make exceptions. If Lavarinth really wants to make me follow the lore, I'll make it a 'misconception.' Really won't change much except the very end, which was probably a really important part, but whatever.
Ben
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by Ben »

Spoiler

Zeratul couldn't have kill adun, if i remember correctly, they didnt even live in the same time bracket...

Zeratul was born in 1865 (sry for my previous mistake)

Adun died in the 1500s

Raszagal was born in 1456 and later on was killed by zeratul on char in 2501 because kerrigan infested her.
At 1,045 years of age, she was one of the oldest living protoss, and of the Dark Templar. She was one of the few old enough to clearly remember Aiur from before their exile.
Taldarin is not 3000 years old, it was a mistake of lore in the game:
Though Taldarin says that he fought with Adun three thousand years ago, the actual timeframe is much shorter; Chris Metzen blames this on the timeline not having been firmly pinned down when the mission was written.
I don't need to 'get' a life. I am a 'gamer'. I have 'lots' of lives.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Updated a bit. I will add in some Terran and Zerg characters later on.
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Ben wrote:
Spoiler

Zeratul couldn't have kill adun, if i remember correctly, they didnt even live in the same time bracket...

Zeratul was born in 1865 (sry for my previous mistake)

Adun died in the 1500s

Raszagal was born in 1456 and later on was killed by zeratul on char in 2501 because kerrigan infested her.
At 1,045 years of age, she was one of the oldest living protoss, and of the Dark Templar. She was one of the few old enough to clearly remember Aiur from before their exile.
Taldarin is not 3000 years old, it was a mistake of lore in the game:
Though Taldarin says that he fought with Adun three thousand years ago, the actual timeframe is much shorter; Chris Metzen blames this on the timeline not having been firmly pinned down when the mission was written.
I always thought Taldarin was senile. I mean, seriously. He's like the guy that tells everyone a different story about his age and his past. Hence the 3000 years bullshit.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Final character update. Note that these are all subject to change within the actual campaign's development.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

No one has any interest in this anymore? I'm starting to feel as if this were only for lore-based discussion.
Dem0nS1ayer
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

Show us some screen shots or something and we'll be interested. ;)
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Pronogo wrote: No one has any interest in this anymore? I'm starting to feel as if this were only for lore-based discussion.
Don't worry about it. In my own project thread, almost anyone has been interested in the last video I made... :'(

Regardless, I advice you to still working on your campaign despite little interest is shown on it. Though interest may be low at this time, once you've finished it you'll have plenty of comments and criticism (your campaign should be enjoyable if you want these to be positive, of course. :D)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]