Rise From The Ashes -- COMPLETE

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009

Topic author
Dem0nS1ayer
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Re: Rise From The Ashes -- COMPLETE

Post by Dem0nS1ayer » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:08 pm

Thanks for the review!  Man, I really thought that I had almost no misspelled words, but I guess I was wrong.  :-\  I guess I can see how the Zerg bonus campaign was boring; I had the idea of a bonus campaign throughout the whole contest, and I decided to go through with it on the last day.  I didn't really expect it too be epic or anything.  I just wanted the players to get a chance to play with the Zerg since that's what a lot of people like the most. :P
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0

Topic author
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Finally, I found some time to fix my missions!  All the bugs listed in the review have been fixed, and some other minor things (like doodads) have been added/fixed also.  Hope you enjoy it!
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by chris » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:15 am

I have arrived at this campaign as part of my quest to QA all starcraft campaigns.

With a total of 30 maps, this campaign seems to be another starcraft sequel "expansion". Out of all of the starcraft sequels I have played through so far this is definetely the most polished one. Unfourtunately, overall the campaign it is just as bad as the other expansion style starcraft sequel campaign with very few levels being properly designed. The first terran mission was ok but there was a very big mismatch between the mission and the plot. It was more like a massive battle against all of mengsk's armies than a guerilla war on outposts. The fourth terran mission was OK as well. Everything else was so badly or boringly designed that I couldn't even complete them or didn't want to respectively. The first protoss mission was the final straw as an impossible amount of zerg suddenly show up just a few seconds after you are given a small base to begin building up.

The campaign has scored a 56% and it is with sadness that I must say that this campaign can NOT be recommended.

Further details on the scoring of the campaign can be found on the spreadsheet by hovering the mouse over the cells for each score:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_ink-CKwo92syCxJmivfh7zeMZu4U0p_q5Ra7HTF4U