The Reclamation Of Aiur - Released

(July 2nd, 2009 - July 6th, 2009) Completed: August 2nd, 2009
AngelSpirit
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

The Reclamation Of Aiur - Released

Post by AngelSpirit »

Name: Luke
Concept:  Judicator Zilous is returning from a deep-space exploration mission.  He left Aiur shortly after Kerrigan was infested by the Zerg Swarm.  He returned to Aiur only hours after Tassadar sacrificed himself to destroy the Overmind.  Zilous intends to reclaim Aiur for his fellow Protoss...

As you can probably guess, I will be pertaining to the original StarCraft storyline and events.

Some screenshots of my progress so far..

[imgwh 640x480]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2145 ... shot1l.png[/imgwh]

[imgwh 640x480]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5356 ... ot2qac.png[/imgwh]

[imgwh 640x480]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1190 ... ot3fqm.png[/imgwh]

Note: The portrait of Tassadar(left) will be changed to something more fitting.  As will the portrait of Zilous(right).

Released.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kem2fzgmytt

Many things that I hoped to do with this map never got around to happening.  In particular, despite my best efforts, I simply do not have the skill to do voice overs for this map.  As a result, the briefing is considerably bland.

Despite the fact that the download is labeled as vFinal,  it is actually just a beta.  I will always address any bugs found, but my main priority here is to receive feedback about the difficulty of the map.

With that out of the way, enjoy.
Last edited by AngelSpirit on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lavarinth wrote: You top the charts. Congratulations, to the OFFICIAL FORUM IDIOT, 1N73RC3P70R.
Shameless plug: Dwarf Fortress!
Campaign Creations
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: The Reclamation Of Aiur

Post by Campaign Creations »

Approved.
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

This looks like a fun map!
thebrowncloud
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by thebrowncloud »

When, exactly, does your story take place on the SC timeline? Cause my idea has a similar premise, but I think the result will be drastically different. If it is indeed at around the same time period as mine, I will choose a different topic.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
Church

Post by Church »

thebrowncloud wrote: When, exactly, does your story take place on the SC timeline? Cause my idea has a similar premise, but I think the result will be drastically different. If it is indeed at around the same time period as mine, I will choose a different topic.
I'm not sure if it's my place to say, but it looks like it takes place between SC and Brood War.
You don't need to change your idea if their at the same time, though. If different things happen to Zilous, then that's fine to be at the same time.
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

I don't recall the original SC storyline that well, but I think you are right, it is between SC and Brood War.  As stated, it's directly after Tassadar sacrificed himself.
Lavarinth wrote: You top the charts. Congratulations, to the OFFICIAL FORUM IDIOT, 1N73RC3P70R.
thebrowncloud

Post by thebrowncloud »

Actually, you're right Jim_Raynor. It does take place around the same time as mine, but I don't believe the events will resemble each other that much. That stated, its time to announce my project.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

Okay, got some work done today.  Planned out about half the story so far, and actually implemented about 1/5 of it.

I will be incorporating some light modding into this.  Nothing even close to what IstakuMesk is doing for his submission, but yeah.

On another note, here's the title page I made, out of some SC2 artwork lying around.
[imgwh 640x480]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2080/titleerc.png[/imgwh]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

AngelSpirit wrote: Okay, got some work done today.  Planned out about half the story so far, and actually implemented about 1/5 of it.

I will be incorporating some light modding into this.  Nothing even close to what IstakuMesk is doing for his submission, but yeah.

On another note, here's the title page I made, out of some SC2 artwork lying around.
[imgwh 640x480]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2080/titleerc.png[/imgwh]
Looking cool, man. Also, the fact there's a mod for it only adds to the experience. Back in the day, it was unthinkable to accompany ONE map with a mod. Gotta love the present.
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

I am still making progress on this.  It's going pretty slow, but still going.

[imgwh 640x480]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9681 ... shot5j.png[/imgwh]

That is the Terran General, the 'boss'.  In his current incarnation he is ridiculously overpowered, and can take on half a fleet by himself.
He will obviously be changed.
Last edited by AngelSpirit on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Church

Post by Church »

AngelSpirit wrote: I am still making progress on this.  It's going pretty slow, but still going.

That is the Terran General, the 'boss'.  In his current incarnation he is ridiculously overpowered, and can take on half a fleet by himself.
He will obviously be changed.
Ooh, I've seen that portrait before. You got it from Maplantis, right? Also, are you going to change where it says Admiral under his name? I assume you know how to do that, but if you don't I'd be happy to tell you. Looking good so far!
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

Yeah, I got it from Maplantis.  And I know how to change the Admiral string, just a TBL edit.  ;)
Church

Post by Church »

AngelSpirit wrote: Yeah, I got it from Maplantis.  And I know how to change the Admiral string, just a TBL edit.   ;)
Good. Are you gonna change it? I don't really care if you do- your map will be fine without changing it.

Maplantis is one of the best sites for custom graphics. ONE of. There are others.
omega20

Post by omega20 »

Jim_Raynor wrote:
AngelSpirit wrote: Yeah, I got it from Maplantis.  And I know how to change the Admiral string, just a TBL edit.   ;)
Good. Are you gonna change it? I don't really care if you do- your map will be fine without changing it.
He just said it. He's gonna change it using TBL Edit, a tool very used in SC modding. ;)
Jim_Raynor wrote: Maplantis is one of the best sites for custom graphics. ONE of. There are others.
Seriously??

[me=omega20]is really surprised on this discovery and congratulates jim_raynor[/me] :D :D :D

Your project looks good so far, Angel. I hope to see more from it. ;)
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
AngelSpirit

Post by AngelSpirit »

omega20 wrote:Your project looks good so far, Angel. I hope to see more from it. ;)
Just for you:

Terran General:
Name: Unknown
Health: 500
Armor: 4
Energy: 250
Armament: C-20 Long Range Canister Rifle
Description:  This General directs a large fleet.  His current objective is to subdue the masses of Zerg on Aiur.  In addition, this General is a renowned sniper, and is a very dangerous enemy.

C-20 Long Range Canister Rifle:
The standard C-10 Canister Rifle was never originally designed for combat purposes.  It was specifically adapted to its user, the Ghost, as could be seen with its ability to fire Lockdown rounds, and target nuclear strikes with its laser emitter.  And although the C-10 was mildly effective against infantry, its nature made it next to useless against armored vehicles and ships.
The C-20 was designed to change all of that.  It was modeled after the C-10 with many drastic changes.  Firstly, the traditional laser emitter mounted on the gun was removed and replaced with a long scope.  This scope allowed the use of the C-20 over much longer ranges.  Secondly, each bullet fired by the C-20 is filled with volatile chemicals that cause a reaction on its target, dealing massive amounts of damage.  Thirdly, the gun itself propels the bullets at a much greater velocity, allowing for better armor piercing.  The end result was a powerful rifle that decimated infantry and vehicles alike.